U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:35 PM

22 posts, read 35,060 times
Default Road Conditions

Who would one contact concerning roads needing attention?I travel several roads that are patched several times a WEEK and are simply dangerous.The patchwork just crumbles and are just repaired in the same manner everytime.Something needs done before there are lives lost.Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 04:42 AM

744 posts, read 1,440,055 times
Are you referring to Tom Hall Street at the bridge before entering Lancaster county??? That stretch of road is bad, very bad... Also on the other side of 160 heading toward Rivergate, there are a few pot holes that will swallow your car!

Old 05-01-2008, 07:36 AM

806 posts, read 1,829,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComporiumHater View Post
Who would one contact concerning roads needing attention?I travel several roads that are patched several times a WEEK and are simply dangerous.The patchwork just crumbles and are just repaired in the same manner everytime.Something needs done before there are lives lost.Thanks
I'd love to know this too. Top on my list is Shelley Mullis Road. It's bad and the patchwork doesn't make it better.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:48 AM

372 posts, read 791,230 times
For repair of roads in York County - contact the York County maintenance division of the South Carolina Dept. of Transportation. They are located in RH and the phone number is 803-327-6186.

If you have suggestions for something new (turn lanes, turn signals, etc), those suggestions are handled via the engineering folks in this same office. Those suggestions must be submitted in writing, detailing the "what and why", and sent to them at the following address:

338 W. Robertson Rd.
Rock Hill, SC 29730

Last edited by AmericanRoadGirl; 05-01-2008 at 09:30 AM..

Old 05-01-2008, 10:13 AM

806 posts, read 1,829,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanRoadGirl View Post
For repair of roads in York County - contact the York County maintenance division of the South Carolina Dept. of Transportation. They are located in RH and the phone number is 803-327-6186.

If you have suggestions for something new (turn lanes, turn signals, etc), those suggestions are handled via the engineering folks in this same office. Those suggestions must be submitted in writing, detailing the "what and why", and sent to them at the following address:

338 W. Robertson Rd.
Rock Hill, SC 29730
Do you have a phone number for Lancaster County?

Old 05-01-2008, 11:13 AM

372 posts, read 791,230 times
Here is a link to SCDOT online directory of the various divisions.

Muffinman - in the directory just click on Lancaster and it auto-scrolls down to the number you need. You will see it under the Lancaster / Maintenance, looks like that number for Lancaster is 803-283-3397.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:23 AM

4,732 posts, read 13,297,124 times
It will get a little better if the warm weather stays...the freezing (expanding) of the pavement and then the warming (shrinking) of the pavement leads to a lot of these problems, not to mention all the increased traffic from all the newcomers to the area. But you did remind me I need to call York County regarding some streetlights being out near us.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:29 PM

22 posts, read 35,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
It will get a little better if the warm weather stays...the freezing (expanding) of the pavement and then the warming (shrinking) of the pavement leads to a lot of these problems, not to mention all the increased traffic from all the newcomers to the area. But you did remind me I need to call York County regarding some streetlights being out near us.

Old Bailes Road is a disaster and a hazard to anyone driving on it. 160 on the Lancaster side needs PAVED as well or some "professional" patch work done until the four lane comes in. A dump truck with cold asphalt and a couple of shovels has failed everytime (That's hard to believe!)

Old 05-02-2009, 07:04 PM

7 posts, read 20,176 times
Possum Hollow Road...they can't seriously be finished with the paving??? Old Bailes Rd is like attempting suicide. Basically if you enter Lancater County from any direction around Indian Land, there is a VERY noticable change for the worse in the road conditions. Shelly Mullis, 160(the whole thing) and too many others to list. I see the same loads of cold asphault and 2 men with shovels wasting our money and time every week. Lancaster County needs to step up and stop trying to cause bodily harm to it's citizens!!!

Old 05-06-2009, 03:59 PM

7 posts, read 20,176 times
BUMP, anyone have any info on plans to save our citizens lives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties