Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2008, 05:25 AM

7 posts, read 20,633 times

Advertisements

Charlotte was #1.

Greenville, Charleston, Aiken, Columbia, Rock Hill all made the list.

Relocate-America'sâ„¢ 2008 Top 100 Places to Live (http://top100.relocate-america.com/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 09:57 AM

225 posts, read 714,411 times
Hope you like the high humidity and temps that go along here.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:06 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,380,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd51 View Post
Hope you like the high humidity and temps that go along here.
My brother just flew in from WNY Saturday and says it was 85 and humid there but felt really hot because it was more humid there. This is unusual here. These are 100 year old records that are being tied/broken and only a few degrees shy of the all time records. Still beats wearing 10 layers of clothes, shoveling snow, driving through it etc, for 9 months. At least the heat here is only 3 months long.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:40 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,210,728 times
I spent some time checking out Rock Hill the other day . . . and the downtown is ready for a BOOM. Lots of activity going on and promotions to draw in new businesses. I was quite surprised. Plus, there is a lot of beautiful land and wooded homesites are available outside the city limits. I enjoyed seeing the old, historic homes, too. I would love to find one to renovate myself and set up as a place to also have receptions, high tea, etc.

Rock Hill looks like it is positioned to become a real draw for the area. I was very very surprised.

Last edited by brokensky; 06-09-2008 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: left out verb, LOL

Old 06-09-2008, 05:19 PM

225 posts, read 714,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
My brother just flew in from WNY Saturday and says it was 85 and humid there but felt really hot because it was more humid there. This is unusual here. These are 100 year old records that are being tied/broken and only a few degrees shy of the all time records. Still beats wearing 10 layers of clothes, shoveling snow, driving through it etc, for 9 months. At least the heat here is only 3 months long.
Your kidding me! 10 layers. I lived there alot longer than you I never heard of that.

Come-on 9 months of snow! Maybe from January to April at the most.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:32 PM

163 posts, read 585,109 times
Quote:
Your kidding me! 10 layers. I lived there alot longer than you I never heard of that.

I lived in NJ (I know you all are speaking WNY...close enough) for 41 years....I would take the heat here any day! And I will tell you...the humidity in NJ is way worse then the heat/humidity here! I worked outside alot....a 75 degree day and 90% humidity felt like 100 plus..which happened alot! yuck! no thank you...Thank goodness those days are gone.

The weather in NJ as far as the cold goes..gets pretty brisk by Nov...doesn't warm up till mid May...At least to my liking it doesn't..

The above said..I would much rather deal with heat then cold...Pick your poison I suppose? lol..

Old 06-10-2008, 01:17 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,380,534 times
Quote:

October 2006 there was a blizzard Buffalo, New York snow storm closes schools, leaves nearly 400,000 without power - Wikinews, the free news source and May when i was just there it snowed..9 months

While October was rare; it ALWAYS snows in Nov and Dec. At least I can also drive in the heat and get away from it. Those driving bans sucked.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:02 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,526,260 times
Quote:

I use to live in the Syracuse area and it could easily snow from October - May....8 months....not always...but could easily do it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties