Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2008, 08:02 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,087,438 times

Advertisements

Tell me what your favorite spot is . . . to have a picnic!

Tell me what category - romantic . . . family . . . outdoor adventure . . . family reunion . . .

Covered area or not . . . near water? play area? Walking trails? Sunset view?

Sitting on a dock . . . or on a bluff . . . or in a park . . .

Tell me where to go and why you like that spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 10:54 AM

18 posts, read 76,261 times
Talking McDowell Park/Copperhead Island

Copperhead Island has a great pavilion and game field. Campsites have picnic tables, firepits along an asphalt trail near the water. Family and group use is best suited.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:58 PM

Hi Jerry! Thanks for the suggestion! Sounds like a great location . . .

Old 06-25-2008, 08:27 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,359,070 times
Anne Springs Close Greenway

Old 06-27-2008, 11:02 AM

Thanks, Groove. I need to find a map . . . Got a link???

Old 06-27-2008, 12:19 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,359,070 times
Anne Springs Close Greenway General Information

The maps you get at the Greenway are a little easier to read. it is a $2 donation for residents of Chester, York and Lancaster counties.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:00 AM

4 posts, read 18,853 times
I love going to Winthrop lake, there is a huge pond with a dock, walking/bike trails. The pond has ducks that you can feed bread to and the pond has 3 beautiful fountains. There is a big shade tree that you can lay under or just bake in the sun. It also has a great disc golf course. I don't know if you are into that, but they host a ton of tournaments on that course! Try it out, you will love it!! Dogs are welcome too!!

Old 06-29-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganBangle View Post
I love going to Winthrop lake, there is a huge pond with a dock, walking/bike trails. The pond has ducks that you can feed bread to and the pond has 3 beautiful fountains. There is a big shade tree that you can lay under or just bake in the sun. It also has a great disc golf course. I don't know if you are into that, but they host a ton of tournaments on that course! Try it out, you will love it!! Dogs are welcome too!!
I am definitely going to have to check this out! Thanx for the info!

Old 06-29-2008, 03:04 PM

444 posts, read 1,643,174 times
Ani, I love to go to Cane Creek Park. It is not in SC however it is very close to the border. We were there last Sunday night for a picnic and it was so nice. They have a swimming area, camping, picnic tables near the lake and a playground for the children.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunroven55 View Post
Ani, I love to go to Cane Creek Park. It is not in SC however it is very close to the border. We were there last Sunday night for a picnic and it was so nice. They have a swimming area, camping, picnic tables near the lake and a playground for the children.

I want to check out Cane Creek, too! We have not been yet. I realized recently there are so many areas in both S. NC and SC that I simply am not aware of . . . and I want to get more familiar w/ the region where I live! I think I have missed out on a lot of interesting spots simply b/c I tend to stick to doing the same things. We get time off - we head to the mountains. Well, I have been thinking - there must be so many spots where we could make a little daytrip - have a nice picnic or just hang out . . . or pick up take out food and relax some place along the way.

I want to get more creative about finding out what is beyond my back door!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties