Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 07:44 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,864 times

Advertisements

Hey there ARG - so you're liking your new Earth Fare store are ya? Haven't been to the new Rock Hill location as of yet...although I have been to their Ballantyne store (they have Tri-tip steak there...it's a CA thing...YUM )

Tri-tip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

....oh I almost forgot I too love Paul Newman's Marinara Sauce's, the salsa's, and his daughter's organic raisins are the best around (and her dad ain't half bad either )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Wow, so many new stores for me to check out! I am coming from W PA and have never heard of Earth Fare or Trader Joe's, so I can't wait to see what they have.

Tell us people who know nothing about Earth Fare what they have and what is good!
Hey rothbear - In regard to Earth Fare you more than likely will be closer to their Ballantyne/Charlotte location (just shoot down 521/just past the 485/right side).

...and I LOVE Trader Joe's (sorry groove1 but its the truth) which will not be to far from you either (on Rea Rd, just past the 485 - Piper Glen/Charlotte area).

Old 07-18-2008, 08:00 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
Hey rothbear - In regard to Earth Fare you more than likely will be closer to their Ballantyne/Charlotte location (just shoot down 521/just past the 485/right side).

...and I LOVE Trader Joe's (sorry groove1 but its the truth) which will not be to far from you either (on Rea Rd, just past the 485 - Piper Glen/Charlotte area).
Yeah, I agree that would probably be closer. I'll have to check it out when I finally get down there permanently in September (I hope!!). A friend of mine who lives in Ballantyne already drove me past Trader Joe's, but we didn't stop. She was showing me around all the stuff on Rea/Pineville-Matthews/Independence. Good thing she had a Prius cause we were driving around for about 2 hours!

Old 07-18-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Yeah, I agree that would probably be closer. I'll have to check it out when I finally get down there permanently in September (I hope!!). A friend of mine who lives in Ballantyne already drove me past Trader Joe's, but we didn't stop. She was showing me around all the stuff on Rea/Pineville-Matthews/Independence. Good thing she had a Prius cause we were driving around for about 2 hours!
Well we're waiting for ya!

Heck by September, or not long after...there's no tellin what all will be built out there by you (as I have already heard that you're in close proximity to a really good BBQ place..."521"...what else does a person need?)

Old 07-18-2008, 09:21 PM

392 posts, read 1,183,885 times
Yep, Groove, always loved Whole Foods / Wild Oats down in the Sunshine State.

Ok, I have to confess... I have also been staring at Paul Newman at night, on the bag of their Arrowroot ABC cookies.

Also happy to see they are carrying one of my fave lines at this EF - Pacifica products (candles, butters, soaps, perfumes). LOVE their body butters. My fave for the summer is Malibu Lemon Blossom.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:24 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,552,954 times
I do have to get down there and check it out.

I did call them about Innova EVO dog food, though, and apparently they do not carry the chicken formula [orange or yellow bag], only the beef and low fat formulas - so I won't do that - and their price was considerably higher than Ebenezer Animal Hopsital [who has the best price around for Innova]

Newmans own dog food - I think Paul Newman has done great things and I really respect what he is doing with his company but the dog food - no - it is too heaviliy based on grain. Also there is a false statement on his page that dogs need to have grains, herbs, and vegetables on their website - the metabolism of the dog is very different than ours - [per the Merck Veterinary Manual, dogs have no dietary need for carbohydrates unlike humans] - no amylase to break up starch and a very very acidic stomach to break down bones and meat. At least for a primarily grain-based food it looks pretty good otherwise.

Oh well, looking forward to comparing them with Freshmarket - shame the new whole foods stores have put Talley's out of business though....................

Old 07-19-2008, 04:39 AM

2,218 posts, read 3,453,206 times
Where did you find the $10 coupon??

Old 07-19-2008, 04:45 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,800,621 times
Just as an FYi, Groove...I think Alison's Chicken is now being produced by someone else now. From the information that I have the local NC plant has been shut down. Someone else is more than likely co-packing it for the Cuddy's.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:59 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,427,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
Just as an FYi, Groove...I think Alison's Chicken is now being produced by someone else now. From the information that I have the local NC plant has been shut down. Someone else is more than likely co-packing it for the Cuddy's.
I had no idea...I hadn't seen them since the SP Earth Fare opened.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:01 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,427,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
I do have to get down there and check it out.

I did call them about Innova EVO dog food, though, and apparently they do not carry the chicken formula [orange or yellow bag], only the beef and low fat formulas - so I won't do that - and their price was considerably higher than Ebenezer Animal Hopsital [who has the best price around for Innova]

I don't know if she carries it, but trying calling Wags Wags of Baxter If she doesn't carry, she can get it, but her price may not be the best because she is a small store. However, sometimes she has to fill in on orders from the distributors so that may make the price more reasonable. She is having the 1 year store anniversary today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties