Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 05:22 AM

55 posts, read 152,072 times

Advertisements

i will be building a home in fort mill and was curious as to what my options are as far as work out facilities. i am currently a member at planet fitness ($10 a month) kind of hard to beat. what are the local centers around here? thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 07:51 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,450,438 times
I am about to make the same transition so I am interested in the findings.

I have found two YMCAs (Baxter Village and Gold Hill Road).
Also there is a place called Anytime Fitness over on Gold Hill Road close to 77.

Neither option overly impressed me. The YMCAs had older machine compared to the Charlotte YMCAs (which I like). Anytime Fitness seemed really small (not a whole lot of machines).

Old 07-31-2008, 09:50 AM

what about prices? i really dont care much for pools and classes and the extra bells and whistles, just a place to workout.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:26 AM

225 posts, read 689,626 times
There is also the Leroy Springs recreation Complex in Fort Mill.

Leroy Springs Fort Mill Recreational Facilities

Old 07-31-2008, 11:33 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,423,332 times
Leroy is nice, but high. They have an agmt with the Y in baxter so that you can use both for an additional $10 a month.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:12 AM

does anyone know anything about "Anytime Fitness" i drove past it last night and was curious about the facility/equipment, prices, cleanliness, contract/commitment..... thanks!

Old 08-01-2008, 07:32 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,423,332 times
All I know about Anytime is that it's pretty new and open 24/7. They don't seem to do much business, so maybe they can offer a good deal.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:05 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,021,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlho1980 View Post
does anyone know anything about "Anytime Fitness" i drove past it last night and was curious about the facility/equipment, prices, cleanliness, contract/commitment..... thanks!

I had called a couple of months ago and they where offering around $46 a month for a one year contract and around $40 for a two, thats approx. cannot remember the exact quote.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:35 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,450,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlho1980 View Post
Like i read above, they quoted me at around 46/month with year contract. You have to pay around 25 for the key swab to get in the building after hours. The equipment looked pretty good and new. It looked pretty clean from walking around. Though it was kind of small, it didn't seem to have a lot of people at the time I went in (5 on weekday).

Old 12-04-2008, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,545 times
Default The Gym at 214 Main Street, Fort Mill

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Why not try the Gym at 214 Main Street. The Gym is a small profession gym right on Main Street Fort Mill that caters to trainers and their clients. There are, however, a small number of private memberships available for about $29 bucks a month – what a great deal. The Gym has 3 rooms: Group Exercise, Free Weights, as well as a Cardio area with Fitness Equipment. You will find no-nonsense Nautilus Equipment that just does the job. You can get just about anything here including personal training, group training, yoga, Jazzercise, Pilates, kickboxing, and you can even get a massage in the private training room which is right off the locker rooms that are also equipped with showers. The Gym is the perfect fitness club small gym for the guy or gal that doesn’t what an audience. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] Five Stars.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties