Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 08:34 AM

195 posts, read 217,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate2mnc
My family is moving to the Fort Mill area as well. We're so excited. We've been looking at other areas, such as Waxhaw and Matthews, but always come back to Fort Mill. For the schools mostly, but the low crime rate is a definite plus. Small town here we come.
You have email from me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2006, 09:24 AM

8 posts, read 21,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound4NC
You have email from me
I do? It has not shown up yet.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:16 PM

14 posts, read 40,020 times
Default Fort Mill or Indian Land

Could someone give me a good sense of where the school system is headed
in Indian Land as compared to Fort mill.

Thanks
Frank S.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:46 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank scudere View Post
Could someone give me a good sense of where the school system is headed
in Indian Land as compared to Fort mill.

Thanks
Frank S.

Hey there Frank - I think your best source of information (not including the Lancaster School District website) would be to read the locals papers (go into the archvies as well). Since my children attend the Fort Mill School District I tend to be a little biased.

Any one of the newspapers I have listed below can be viewed online.

The Lancaster News
Fort Mill Times
The Herald
Charlotte Observer

Also there's a site that many people use: greatschools.net

We just had school board elections and the State Dept. of Education has just released some information (report cards) a few days ago.

Good luck to you!

Old 11-19-2006, 09:57 AM

425 posts, read 1,570,763 times
Fort Mill and Tega Cay are our top two choices can you tell me some of differences. Looks like Tega Cay is a little more expensive. WE can go as high as $350,000 for the perfect home but would really like to stay around $300,000. We need 4 or 5 bedrooms. IS this possible in Tega Cay ?

Old 11-30-2009, 10:29 AM

107 posts, read 319,593 times
Ewwww...necro...quick get the shovels and bury this thread!

Old 12-04-2009, 07:11 AM

604 posts, read 1,307,478 times
We have lived in Indian Land since 2005. It has grown quite a bit since we moved here. Harris Teeter, which is an upsacle grocery store, has moved in two store along with a Lowes Home improvement at Hwy 521 and Hwy 160. Walmart will go in end of next year close to the state line on Hwy 521. Good schools. My daughter went to IL High for 4 years and is a freshman at Coastal Carolina in Myrtel Beach. Low taxes, what else could you want?

Old 12-14-2009, 04:49 AM

604 posts, read 1,307,478 times
sixinthefamily

I would stay out of Tega Cay. The City Hall building on Lake Wylie is for sale.

The taxes are going up, that is all I can say.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:20 PM

23 posts, read 56,125 times
We have been here for over 20 years (IL) and enjoy it. It is very close to Ballantyne and Charlotte, but without the hassles and taxes.

My daughter went to IL schools her whole career and is now a senior at Carolina majoring in HR and is doing very well. There is a very good USC branch in Lancaster that many students go before transferring. It saves money, too. If eligible for lottery money, tuition is free.

Also check out www.carolinagatewayonline.com

Deals only with IL, though published by the lancaster News.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties