Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2008, 01:32 PM

246 posts, read 1,245,725 times

Advertisements

So I call comporium to add digital cable to our already existing service and I was told that I would need to come in to the office to get this taken care of. So I go to the comporium office and the lady take down my phone number and tells me someone will call me...huh?

Am I missing something?, could they not have taken my phone number down when I first called?...or is this some kind of special procedure they do?.

Just thought it was very odd, usually when you add something that needs a converter box or something you show up to the location to pick up the equipment that would need to be added for the service, at least that's what I'm used to with other cable companies.

Anywho, comporium confuses the heck out of me...and don't even get me started on the billing!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 07:22 PM

201 posts, read 597,407 times
When we upgraded our cable, we called and talked to a rep who told us what the charges would be, etc. Then I went into the office and picked up the converter box, like you said. They usually offer good customer service, at least that's been my experience. Sounds like someone got confused when you called.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:47 PM

246 posts, read 1,245,725 times
Hey there greenvillesc,

Someone must have gotten VERY confused as my DH received a call on HIS cell from comporium about the converter box which is odd since the number given to them when I went in yesterday was my cell phone number (lol))...oh well, at least we got a call back..yay!

Old 11-12-2008, 06:48 AM

149 posts, read 579,898 times
Comporium... there is your first problem! I am so glad I moved to the country and had to get Dish Network! We hated Comporium! Besides the billing issues, we were always having problems with the service and the customer service reps were never very helpful. They were just there for a paycheck!

Old 11-12-2008, 06:50 AM

161 posts, read 527,584 times
Comporium is in the process of converting their cable system to an all digital system, which means almost all customers will need a converter box (first box will be furnished at no charge). This change is being done neighborhood by neighborhood. Subscribers are being notified by mail that they need to come into the office to pick up their box when their neighborhood is switched over. When you called in to upgrade to the "digital tier" the customer rep probably thought you were calling to get the digital upgrade box. BTW, my area has recieved the digital upgrade and the results are outstanding---beautiful picture and lots of new channels, and if you're into HD, lots of new channels there also.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:45 PM

201 posts, read 597,407 times
moedog2,
I'll agree with you there on the nice picture quality. We were watching one show and it was so clear and sharp my husband and I both commented on how it looked like HDTV (and we don't have HDTV!) I know a lot of folks complain here on the board about Comporium, but our experiences have been positive with them. I just wish we'd gotten them to install that whole house audio system when we built.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties