Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2007, 06:33 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,544,458 times

Advertisements

I am interested in locating to Ft Mill SC, from Concord NC. I am having a hard time finding listings for rental homes in the 700-900 a month range, or a condo rental, or an apartment rental. Pool is a must as I am an avid swimmer.

The apartment complexes listed in the rental magazines, seem kind of run down.

Does Ft. Mill have a newspaper on line? I can't seem to find anything in Charlotte's newspaper, in regards to rentals.

Buying is not an option. Renting is. I plan to rent for 10 years.

Thank you kindly for any direction and or advice.

Mrs. P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 06:57 PM

474 posts, read 1,748,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
I am interested in locating to Ft Mill SC, from Concord NC. I am having a hard time finding listings for rental homes in the 700-900 a month range, or a condo rental, or an apartment rental. Pool is a must as I am an avid swimmer.

Does Ft. Mill have a newspaper on line? I can't seem to find anything in Charlotte's newspaper, in regards to rentals.

Mrs. P
There's not a huge selection of apartments in Fort Mill, but from what I've seen, Palmetto Place apartments would be the best of the bunch. A one bedroom should be in your price range. I'm 90% sure they do have a pool.

Baxter Village has a couple townhomes for rent right now. I looked into one a few months back and I believe they were asking $1,000/month. A little over your budget, but it overlooks the village green and is about 100 yards from their olympic size community pool. It's a great location. I'm not sure how long they'd be willing to lease to you, but I know they want at least one year. We were only interested in a 3 month lease and they said no thanks. There's two or three others that are closer to the Baxter town sqaure area, which has the YMCA right behind it, and the community pool is still within walking distance. I have no idea what they're asking for rent though.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:12 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,147,867 times
Quote:

Mrs. P
Try Palmetto Place Apts. on Gold Hill Rd. in Fort Mill. I don't have the phone number but I think you can get it on switchboard.com. Let me know if you have trouble finding it and I'll get it for you.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:29 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,544,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
Try Palmetto Place Apts. on Gold Hill Rd. in Fort Mill. I don't have the phone number but I think you can get it on switchboard.com. Let me know if you have trouble finding it and I'll get it for you.
Thank you yes, I have their phone number. Their ratings on apartmentratings
was kind of low.

Is it in a decent neighborhood do you know?

Mrs. P

Old 04-03-2007, 05:11 AM

1,453 posts, read 5,147,867 times
Quote:
Thank you yes, I have their phone number. Their ratings on apartmentratings
was kind of low.

Is it in a decent neighborhood do you know?

Mrs. P
I've known of a few people who lived there. The problem is that there are only two or three apt complexes in Fort Mill and from what I hear it's the best. I don't know from experience though. When my husband and I first moved to this area we lived at Paces' River Apts in Rock Hill, just off 177. Convenient location and it looked very nice. It was the pitts. There was drug activity, a lot of late night partying, cars that were damaged, a murder in the parking lot while we were there and the property management was the worst.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:55 AM

4,270 posts, read 6,293,626 times
We lived for three months in Gable Oaks in Rock Hill and it was ridiculously bad. SO glad we were only there short-term until we closed on the house!

Most apartment complexes are going to be "iffy" because they are so transient. My friends in West Orange, NJ lived in a GORGEOUS new state-of-the-art apartment building with all kinds of amenities, but they hated it because of the riff-raff that moved in and out of there. After three years of waiting for it to improve, they bought a house.

I suggest contacting a realtor to help you find a townhome or house for rent. They are few and far between, but you'd have better luck finding one with a realtor.

As for Palmetto, it's location on Gold Hill Road is a good one - the overall area is very safe and accessible to shopping/commute to Charlotte. So any low ratings would NOT be indicative of the area itself - just the apartment complex.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:03 PM

390 posts, read 1,515,053 times
I live in Palmetto Place right now, and while it's just fine for our short term needs, I think you can do better for a long-term lease. There are a good number of townhomes for rent at Waterstone - I looked at a few for $900 and $950 before we realized that the only place in the school zone we needed was Palmetto Place.

Go to heraldonline.com; that's the Rock Hill herald, where you can do a rentals search. You can also try Rentals.com, or link from heraldonline.com to the Fort Mill Times. Klutts Realty was managing several of the townhome rentals in Waterstone; maybe they have a search engine you can use on their site.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties