Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2009, 11:51 AM

16 posts, read 53,747 times

Advertisements

Hello All

I am interested in moving to fort mill and have been reading as many posts as possible. You guys are full of great advice. So maybe you can help me. I received a information packet on a new development in fort mill called Fair Oaks and FallBrook . Does anyone live in this area or know about it. Can you give me some information on The price of these homes in this development and where their elementary schools are located. What other developments are they close too. Thanks all.
Looking for a family neighborhood. Would either of these fit the bill?

CP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 02:06 PM

28 posts, read 68,255 times
[SIZE=2]Hello,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]We live in the Lake Wylie Sc area, very close to Fort mill. I love it here, but we have to relocate because of work. We were going to move to the Fair Oaks area when we moved here three years ago, but Fort mill kept changing the schools for that area. the Fort Mill area is growing so much, sometimes you move for the school then they change it on you. We are better set out here in Lake Wylie to the schools. They are not over crowded and they are great.. The area is really nice, cloase to shopping and not too much traffic. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Here is the infortmation on our house it is a great community. Everyone is so nice, lots of great families. MLS#1058572 and/or, MLS # 840757[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]In Lake Wylie SC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Awarding Winning Clover Schools, Semi Custom Home on Cul da sac, Sealed Walk-in Crawl Space, Screened Porch, Deck, Insulated Window(s), Security System, Surround Sound, Ceramic Tile Flooring, Hardwood Flooring, Upstairs Laundry, Fireplace, Great Room, Living Room, Office, Gas Water Heater, Jenn Air Gas Cook Top, Jenn Air Microwave and Convection Oven, Granite countertops, Cultured Marble Jetted tub, Beautiful Landscape and Mature Irrigated Lawn, Heated Square footage 3200.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Thanks for any help.[/SIZE]

Old 04-01-2009, 07:05 PM

18 posts, read 51,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp292 View Post
Hello All

I am interested in moving to fort mill and have been reading as many posts as possible. You guys are full of great advice. So maybe you can help me. I received a information packet on a new development in fort mill called Fair Oaks and FallBrook . Does anyone live in this area or know about it. Can you give me some information on The price of these homes in this development and where their elementary schools are located. What other developments are they close too. Thanks all.
Looking for a family neighborhood. Would either of these fit the bill?

CP
Hi CP,

Fallbrook and Fair Oaks are two totally different neighborhoods. Fallbrook is just a small section of a much larger neighborhood. Fair Oaks is a much smaller neighborhood that stands on its own. If you are looking at the same builder in both neighborhoods you will pay a little more to be in Fair Oaks.

Both neighborhoods have their advantages and disadvantages. The schools for Fallbrook are much closer, but you have other builders and different priced homes in the same area. You also share the amenities with some other builders. I would suggest looking at both and determine what is most important to you.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:21 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,898,795 times
I prefer the location of Fair Oaks to Fallbrook. In fact, we almost bought an inventory at Fair Oaks. Only thing that held us back was that agent could not provide us an answer to the retention pond that was close to the site we were considering. An untreated pond such as that is a potential breeding ground for mosquitoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties