Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 09:03 PM

3 posts, read 3,450 times

Advertisements

i think you should look into the historic downtown area in fort mill- its wonderful and old world charm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 11:19 AM

2 posts, read 2,601 times
I'm from Ithaca NY and live in Ballantyne. The schools in Tega Cay and Ft. Mill were recommended to me when I was moving here, but I didn't listen and bought a home in Charlotte. I'm sorry I did not listen.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:17 PM

4 posts, read 9,453 times
Default Great area

I don't know much about the type of house you're looking for, but I can say in general this is a great place to choose to live. I moved from Charleston SC (supposedly the nicest city in the country) to Fort Mill SC. This biggest thing I notice is the quality of people living here. Everyone is so friendly here. The area is clean, well kept, and has a very nice feeling to it. You have everything you need within minutes. Walmart, Target, Bilo, and so on. You don't have to drive 20 minutes to get the things you need, but at the same time it's not a big city, it's very much a small town. I just moved here, but I love it, and hope to live here for a long time. Also, the schools are the best in SC. Not saying much really because SC doesn't have the greatest schools, but from talking to people in the school system and seeing how the schools perform I think the #1 ranking is well deserved.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:08 PM

116 posts, read 430,095 times
I am originally from New York but from the city (Brooklyn). We moved here almost 2 years ago and it's really great. For me the only downside is the very hot summers which I'm still trying to get used to, but because the rest of the year is pretty mild I get over it.

I agree with another poster that it would behoove you to come visit. Not even so much as to decide whether to move to Fort Mill, but to decide WHERE in Fort Mill you want to live. Believe it or not, there are a lot of options. People coming from other parts of the country usually have high price points for purchasing homes here and therefore your choice homes and locations increases tenfold.

Baxter is great but it's not for everyone because the homes are close together. If you are from upstate I'm guessing you likely don't have your neighbor right on top of you so you might not like it. Then again, a change of pace may suite you. Bottom line is, everyone has different opinions and that's why there are so many different subdivisions and areas because there is, in fact - something for everyone you just have to find it.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:29 PM

259 posts, read 796,522 times
My suggestion would be to look into renting a home in the Baxter area and use the rental time to explore whether you like that area or another area. With a number of homes on the market for sale, you may be able to find one willing to rent for a year.

I realize you don't want the kids to change schools again, but this would give you the opportunity to check out Fort Mill as a whole.

We are retired and have lived here two years... renting for the first year. This allowed us the time to explore and we ended up building a home.

I have heard that all of the Fort Mill schools are very good. I would also suggest a home in the Tega Cay communities. Families seem to love it there. I don't know if the schools there are different from the ones the kids in Baxter go to. Someone on this forum should be able to tell you that!

Good luck!

Old 08-21-2009, 09:01 AM

14 posts, read 27,152 times
Default Baxter Village home for sale 38K under appraised value

You might want to check out my neighbors home in Baxter Village.
It is a divorce sale and I know they just lowered the price.
It was appraised I think at 415,000 in January and I am sure it was just lowered to 375,000.

It is an beautiful very large home

Info is on it here www.110mills.com.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties