Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:01 PM

559 posts, read 2,115,525 times

Advertisements

Love Captain Steve's!! (Perhaps this is a little bit off topic; if so, I apologize.) But as for anything good to say, Captain Steve's is definitely GOOD!

Last edited by brightcopperkettles; 08-07-2007 at 12:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 07:59 AM

49 posts, read 211,034 times
Thanks for all the imput on the resturants, Im sure i will be trying them. I will be going down there in a few weeks to help my daughter relocate from NC to a new home in Whitley Mills. What nice hotels are in the Whitly Mills area?

Old 08-11-2007, 05:08 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algae View Post
Thanks for all the imput on the resturants, Im sure i will be trying them. I will be going down there in a few weeks to help my daughter relocate from NC to a new home in Whitley Mills. What nice hotels are in the Whitly Mills area?
First off algae..best of luck with the impending move!

Now in regard to your question "What nice hotels are in the Whitley Mills area?"....None, Nada, Zippo. We have a couple of hotels in Fort Mill but I do not recommend them. I usually suggest that folks stay in certain hotels in Rock Hill, SC or the Ballantyne area (South Charlotte). If you would like a few suggestions in those areas...how nice is nice...and if you can give an apx. price range that would help too.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:23 PM

49 posts, read 211,034 times
something like a Marriott 75 to 100 per ntght. just for a few days. but in a nice no problem area

Old 08-12-2007, 03:36 PM

1,105 posts, read 4,569,167 times
Doesn't Six Pence Pub in Baxter have some apartment type rooms to rent (short term, like a hotel I thought they were for)? I know they were going to but I don't know what ever came of it. Worth calling about though.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:41 PM

238 posts, read 1,247,388 times
Algae..we are staying at a Marriott Courtyard in South Charlotte (Ballantyne area) when we copme down at the end of August...they offer AAA discount rates but it's over $100/night. Our friends who live in the area recommended it...I have not seen it personally but Marriott's are usually pretty consistant..this also seemed convenient to the Fort Mill/Lake Wylie area... Good Luck!

Old 08-12-2007, 07:04 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
something like a Marriott 75 to 100 per ntght. just for a few days. but in a nice no problem area
I ususally suggest:

Marriot Courtyard (Ballantyne area of Charlotte)
15660 John J. Delaney Drive, Charlotte, NC 28277

Staybridge Suites (Ballantyne area of Charlotte)
15735 John J. Delaney Drive, Charlotte, NC 28277

or)

Hilton Garden Inn
Hampton Inn
(both are located in Rock Hill, SC - just off Int77 - exit 79/Dave Lyle Blvd.)

Good Luck!

Old 08-13-2007, 05:04 AM

104 posts, read 338,574 times
Quote:
We just stayed at the Wingate by Wyndham Hotel and Suites in Rock Hill, SC. It was about $107 for a suite with a AAA discount. It was clean, great rooms, full breakfast (hot foods too), pool, whirlpool, and fitness room. They also give you free wireless internet services.
Good luck!

Old 08-18-2007, 05:14 PM

7 posts, read 16,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn02674 View Post
No Fort Mill doesn't have many restaurants either (although the Firehouse and the Inn at Baxter are very nice) but, and I said this in my earlier post, we are just that much closer to Charlotte where there are many great restaurants and we have great schools. So I just think we have the best of both worlds. Small town, suburben atmosphere but close to everything. I can get uptown in 20 minutes for dinner. Took me less than 20 minutes to get to a great Tapas bar off of Park Road last night.

Rock Hill is OK, I don't have anything negative to say but it just isn't anything special either. I don't even go into Rock Hill much for shopping anymore either. My brother and sister still live there though.
Fortmill has plenty of great places to eat. Rockhill is ok but mostly terrible service anywhere you go in rockhill. Fortmill in general though has some great places. Take a short drive to south Charlotte and you will fall in love with the selection.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:43 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,258,901 times
Great quiet place to live. No noise and crime where I'm at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties