Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 12:11 AM

143 posts, read 304,781 times

Advertisements

It's happening wether you want it too or not and I know this is going to come off as rude but if this something you feel strongly against I would suggest moving. Again, I'm not trying to be disrespectful as I know its hard to read the tone of someones voice when reading text but I really just trying to be helpful. Plans are already in the works to for this hotel to come. In the next few months you will start to see the land cleared at the intersection of 160 and 77 to install the cloverleaf intersection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 05:53 AM

850 posts, read 2,650,054 times
I was just expressing my opinion. I don't think that 160 needs a hotel when we have options for lodging less than 5 miles from the intersection of 77 and 160. Its the uncontrolled growth, that bothers me. I have seen more and more strip malls being built in the last 8 years, and some still do not have occupants. How is urban blight good for the community? I understand that the tax base expands but when we build, JUST TO BUILD, then I see no need for that. I appreciate your update on the status of the proposed hotel, but again for lodging options less than 5 miles, I do not see a NEED. 5 years ago you could drive down 160 in the morning with moderate traffic towards 77... Now it backs up well before Sutton road and sometimes past the auto zone. Controlled growth is SMART growth, lets address the traffic issues before adding another 500 homes in Tega Cay, or another strip mall on the goat farm, or more apartments, or a HOTEL. If a hotel is to be built, property has been zoned in the location for many years... I would hope that it is a more up scale brand, and would fit with the current ascetics of the local area.
Gold Hill is a traffic mess, 160 the same... Cherry Road, Celanese, the traffic is ridiculous...

Our planning individuals really have no concern of the quality of life for the current residence... Sure a hotel would work for some seeking a more convenient location than driving an additional 5 miles, but should the roads and infrastructure be improved first to handle the additional traffic?

Old 08-26-2013, 06:55 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdades23 View Post
It's happening wether you want it too or not and I know this is going to come off as rude but if this something you feel strongly against I would suggest moving. Again, I'm not trying to be disrespectful as I know its hard to read the tone of someones voice when reading text but I really just trying to be helpful. Plans are already in the works to for this hotel to come. In the next few months you will start to see the land cleared at the intersection of 160 and 77 to install the cloverleaf intersection.
Question for you...the sentence that I have highlighted in Bold....where is your information coming from?

Old 08-26-2013, 10:23 AM

143 posts, read 304,781 times
Lets just say I know of someone that works for a very well known real estate management/development company in the Charlotte area.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:31 AM

Here is the site, it has been listed for some time:

Hwy. 160 W and Carolina Place, Fort Mill, SC, 29708 - Commercial/Other (land) Property - Off-Market on LoopNet.com

Old 08-29-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdades23 View Post
Lets just say I know of someone that works for a very well known real estate management/development company in the Charlotte area.
Okay I am not doubting that you know someone, or anyone else for that matter...and in fact I am just trying to learn something here...so bear with me. Last I had heard the original person who wanted to put in a hotel pulled out a few years ago (Country Inn & Suites). SO are we talking a different hotel?

Marndt also provided a link that showed the property was sold....but if I am reading it correctly the information has not been updated for over a year?

So can someone without naming their sources say when, where, or what hotel will be coming?

Side note: I remember several years ago that there was talk of putting in a boutique style hotel over in Baxter (I think it was going to go over by were the Fish Market is now) but that was quickly shot down by the residents of Baxter.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:52 PM

That's all I could find. I been hearing for years that that site, and one near Lowe's were zoned for a hotel, but have not heard or confirmed if there has been any movement. It's really only a matter of time when 160 will have wall to wall businesses... I'll ask around and see if I can dig up anything...

Old 08-29-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marndt View Post
That's all I could find. I been hearing for years that that site, and one near Lowe's were zoned for a hotel, but have not heard or confirmed if there has been any movement. It's really only a matter of time when 160 will have wall to wall businesses... I'll ask around and see if I can dig up anything...
The link that you provided above (Hwy. 160 W and Carolina Place, Fort Mill, SC, 29708 - Commercial/Other (land) Property - Off-Market on LoopNet.com) appears to be for a lot that is held by BM&D Properties (Fort Mill, SC)

I did find (near by) property that is held by Navkaar Investments. Navkaar happens to be....who originally wanted to put in Country Inn & Suites. One of their other investments is a Comfort Inn in Richburg, SC.

For what it's worth I agree with marndt regarding the placement of a hotel there (Carolina Place)....unfortunately I also see the writing on the wall.

Western York County just keeps looking better and better to me.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties