U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 12:19 PM

28 posts, read 72,399 times

Advertisements

We'll be going down the beginning of next week to look at houses in Ft Mill. Where should we stay? We'd love it if the hotel had an indoor pool, but that's not a requirement. Clean and safe with a free breakfast are more important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 02:54 PM

2,487 posts, read 6,058,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emski View Post
We'll be going down the beginning of next week to look at houses in Ft Mill. Where should we stay? We'd love it if the hotel had an indoor pool, but that's not a requirement. Clean and safe with a free breakfast are more important.
I have provided a link (from a previous post) in regard to hotels in the area

http://www.city-data.com/forum/south...tml#post483652

You might also do a search on the SC and NC side for hotels in Fort Mill. Lastly there is another poster on this site...that has stayed in the area recently (you might sent them a PM..."sixinthefamily") and see where they stayed and how it was?

Best of luck with your search!

Old 04-17-2007, 06:06 PM

86 posts, read 260,245 times
Default Visited 2x this past month

I've house-hunted in Fort Mill 2x in the last month or so, once by myself and once with the children. Hotels are mediocre at best.

We did not have reservations when we arrived, so I drove around both the Carowind area for hotels and the Pineville hotel strip. I recommend the Pineville area. It was only a 10 minute drive to Fort Mill, yet the hotels seemed cleaner and safer, plus they are so close to the Mall and many eateries.

First trip (alone), I stayed at Best Western Pineville, which had a free breakfast, but no indoor pool. Rates were very reasonable ($89). I really liked this hotel for the price.

The 2nd time I was with my family, so we wanted a pool. We spent the first night at Comfort Suites Pineville, which had a free breakfast and indoor pool. I was not impressed though, maybe because it was crowded the night we were there. We then moved to Holiday Inn Suites, where we booked a King Suite. This hotel had an indoor pool that went through the wall to become an outdoor pool. It was very small (the pool) but my kids loved it. It was much more expensive ($159 for the Kingsuite) but worth every penny in my opinion...this is without a doubt the nicest hotel in the area. But not 5 star by any means..

Old 04-18-2007, 09:38 AM

Thank you both!

Old 04-18-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscap View Post
We then moved to Holiday Inn Suites, where we booked a King Suite. This hotel had an indoor pool that went through the wall to become an outdoor pool. It was very small (the pool) but my kids loved it. It was much more expensive ($159 for the Kingsuite) but worth every penny in my opinion...this is without a doubt the nicest hotel in the area. But not 5 star by any means..
I just checked the holiday inn site, and they don't have a hotel listed in Pineville?

Old 04-18-2007, 01:25 PM

8,190 posts, read 6,546,397 times
You guys might also want to check out some hotels off Westinghouse Boulevard in south Charlotte, right off Interstate 77.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:02 PM

425 posts, read 1,067,990 times
We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard in Rock Hill and were very pleased. Nice clean large rooms, indoor pool, avaiable breakfast buffet for a reasonable fee and a Outback next door. Only 4 miles from Fort mill.

BTW- just noticed another great house came on the market in what will be our new neighborhood. WHitegrove.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:33 PM

8,190 posts, read 6,546,397 times
The Marriott Courtyard is right around the corner from me, off exit 82 on I-77 (the exit going towards York). The Ramada Inn (off exit 82 as well, towards Fort Mill) is also an option.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:51 PM

86 posts, read 260,245 times
Default Oops!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emski View Post
I just checked the holiday inn site, and they don't have a hotel listed in Pineville?
Sorry!!! That's because I confused the Holiday Inn with the Hilton, try that one! Note there was no free breakfast here however...they had a nice buffet that you needed to pay for.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:36 PM

195 posts, read 26,029 times
While we were house hunting in Feb. we stayed at the Best Western in Pineville. It is nice and clean, only a couple of years old, and has a decent free breakfast. The working at the desk were very helpful with directions. Plus they have free computers with internet access swhich was very convienent for us as we were house hunting. The commute to Fort Mill is really easy- 10 minutes on back roads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties