Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 11:22 AM

225 posts, read 689,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas
hey thre sal707...glad you got a chance to check out the area over here (like it's so far ) ....you'll have to come and check out one of the summer concerts (next one is August 5th)
Where exactly do they hold the summer concerts at? I also head of a good rstaurant on Lake Wylie...T-Bones. Any comments on weather it is good or not. I also discovered the Peach Stop on Hwy 160. My wife's nieces are visiting us from Florida, and I was wondering if there is a Chucky's Cheese or some of that nature, geared for a 7 and 13 year old girls. I am having a blast and everyday , I learn something new, I still haven't come across Captain's Steve's, but still searching. Last night, we tried Backyard Burgers and were very satisfied to say the least. Looks like a wash out today, but there is always tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2006, 12:23 PM

7 posts, read 14,107 times
There's a Chuck E. Cheese in Matthews I believe.

sal707 we're packed and ready to make the move, we're leaving So Cal bright and early Monday morning. We're renting a place at the Peachtree Apts, husband has a job and my 4 year old is signed up for school.

lovethecarolinas, we got an offer on our house yesterday while we were packing our PODS unit, YAHOO!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:18 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal707
Where exactly do they hold the summer concerts at? I also head of a good rstaurant on Lake Wylie...T-Bones. Any comments on weather it is good or not. I also discovered the Peach Stop on Hwy 160. My wife's nieces are visiting us from Florida, and I was wondering if there is a Chucky's Cheese or some of that nature, geared for a 7 and 13 year old girls. I am having a blast and everyday , I learn something new, I still haven't come across Captain's Steve's, but still searching. Last night, we tried Backyard Burgers and were very satisfied to say the least. Looks like a wash out today, but there is always tomorrow.

The concerts are held at Runde Park. Directions would be: follow Tega Cay Dr. until you reach the Fire Station and
then bare left onto Windward Dr. Runde Park will be your first right

Captain Steve’s is located at 1975 Hwy 21 Bypass, Fort Mill 547-2340. You might want to call and verify their days open and hours of operation (but I believe they are closed on Sunday’s and Monday’s…they are open for lunch and dinner the rest of the week...but are closed between 2 and 4...but don’t quote me…a quick phone call would be good).

I usually don’t recommend T-Bones for the food..but a must is to have a drink or two on the outside deck overlooking the lake.

Some other places we frequent: Beef O’ Bradys (located in Baxter Village in Fort Mill), or Town Tavern (good food…owner took a big gamble and only allows smoking outside now…which appears to have been a very good decision), Red Bowl (Asian) located off 160 and Gold Hill Rd, DeMarco’s (opposite side of the street 160 & Gold Hill), Mama Mia’s (off 160 & Springfield), Cracker Barrel (located in Rock Hill), the Big Wok (same center where Backyard Burgers is located), Courtneys BBQ (located in Clover), great burgers and fries...you might try Five Guys (located on the corner of 160 and 49).

The closest Chuckie Cheese is located in Pineville (off Hwy 51/Pineville-Matthews Rd). Hmmm…how about Carowinds?....the admission price also includes the waterpark (you can get discount tickets at Harris Teeter or the internet). We just had friends out from CA and we took them to Lazy 5 Ranch in Mooresville (which is not only a hit with our kids but their kids too…okay us parents have fun as well) the only thing is…it’s about 45 minutes away. There is also Discovery Place in uptown Charlotte. If they feel like picking peaches you can take them over to the Peach Farm located at 1010 Springfield Pkwy in Fort Mill. There is an ice skating rink over in Pineville. On warm days we usually head on over to the lake (they might like Windjammer Park in Tega Cay), if by chance you are a member of the YMCA..there is a very nice (new) YMCA over in Baxter Village (they have a pool inside and out…the one outside has waterslides). On cooler days we pack a lunch and head to the Greenway (depending how long they are here for…or if they like to ride horses…you might call for info on the horseback riding over in the Greenway).

Well, not sure how much help this will be…was trying to type fast and remember stuff off the top of my head since I know you have family here right now. If I think of something else I will post it later. Take care

Old 07-14-2006, 01:22 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heading4FM
There's a Chuck E. Cheese in Matthews I believe.

sal707 we're packed and ready to make the move, we're leaving So Cal bright and early Monday morning. We're renting a place at the Peachtree Apts, husband has a job and my 4 year old is signed up for school.

lovethecarolinas, we got an offer on our house yesterday while we were packing our PODS unit, YAHOO!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together.
Hey there Heading4FM....Great news on the house!!!...I'll be thinking of you come Monday (be safe)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties