U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 04-22-2007, 11:01 PM

20 posts, read 66,214 times
Default Dominion Bridge sub in Fort Mill?

I searched the forum and did not find any mention of this (Dominion Bridge) sub in Fort Mill. Does anyone know anything about it? I think it is a Ryan builders subdivision.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-23-2007, 04:17 AM

250 posts, read 674,879 times
We looked at the model in this subdivision when we visited Fort Mill. We loved the wooded lots, and layots of the Ryan homes. The subdivision is tucked away. We liked it best out of all the developments we saw. It was brand new when we went, only a few homes sold, but the people were outside, and it seemed family friendly.

Unread 04-23-2007, 06:50 AM

425 posts, read 971,918 times
We looked at it as well but when we looked they did not have a floor model that fit our needs. Nice neighborhood that kept alot of their mature trees when building. A few house were backed up close to Doby's bridge other then that I would say they were all very nice.

Unread 04-23-2007, 07:10 AM

9 posts, read 17,205 times
Default Homes

Went driving around area this weekend and loved the Standard Pacific homes, didnt get to see Ryan, but reputation is good. Now if I can get a job then I can move. I am really looking for house on water with some space, any ideas

Unread 04-24-2007, 01:00 PM

95 posts, read 240,989 times
I believe the Fort Mill Bypass will be just north of the neighborhood overlaying the current smaller Whites Rd which may or may not be a plus depending on your point of view.

I live close by and that was my take when I overviewed the proposed layout. I believe the bypass will also bring an Elementary School out this way and open up the Massey subdivision (1000 or so home planned community nearby) up for development.

http://www.carolinanewspapers.com/local/story/6473436p-5765776c.html (broken link)

Unread 04-24-2007, 01:05 PM

95 posts, read 240,989 times
After actually reading the article I see the above url does not reference what I was thinking it did. I found a sentence or two on the neighborhood here off Doby's Bridge here.

http://www.[domain blocked due to spam].net/content/kri/3911893418088694692809567312891566403309 (broken link)

Unread 04-28-2007, 10:24 AM

251 posts, read 721,589 times
I've driven through Dominion Bridge a number of times and it is a very attractive neighborhood. I'd say there are about 100 occupied homes with maybe another 50 now understruction. They have left SOME of the trees, which is unusual in this area, unfortunately. If you like Ryan Homes, you might want to consider Glen Laurel, also by Ryan, with about the same models and price range. Glen Laurel is in Lancaster Co., immediately across the state line from Ballantyne--it is very convenient to shopping and I-485
but has Fort Mill address and phone. The schools are good in Indian Land and for the time being will not be as crowded due to construction programs just finishing up (new high school will open in fall).

Unread 06-03-2007, 07:31 AM

9 posts, read 50,834 times
Has anyone bought a house at Dominion Bridge recently? What was your experience like and are you happy with your decision? Is it a safe neighborhood? Are there many young couples with children in the neighborhood?

Unread 06-03-2007, 03:26 PM

192 posts, read 443,141 times
WE live just up the road from Dominion Bridge in Whitegrove. Also a Ryan community. VERY safe neighborhood, very safe area. Whitegrove is full of young couples and many, MANY, children. I would think Dominion Bridge would be the same way. Doby's Bridge communities go to Ft Mill Elem. which is a very good school.

Unread 06-03-2007, 03:57 PM

425 posts, read 971,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggleflap View Post
WE live just up the road from Dominion Bridge in Whitegrove. Also a Ryan community. VERY safe neighborhood, very safe area. Whitegrove is full of young couples and many, MANY, children. I would think Dominion Bridge would be the same way. Doby's Bridge communities go to Ft Mill Elem. which is a very good school.
As you know we are your new neighbors and I never knew who built or house so thanks. We liked the Ryan new construction we had looked at so it makes sense we liked the house we bought so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties