Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 02:31 AM

14 posts, read 48,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Is there much shopping near SCCL? Grocery, drugstore, Walmart, library, etc? Thanks!
Right outside the community there is Harris Teeter, CVS, BB&T, a brand new library. We are a golf cart community and we can ride our golf carts to the shopping center...oh forgot we have a Wendy's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 02:40 AM

14 posts, read 48,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunroven55 View Post
I am happy to report that our move went fine and after one year I can finally find the garage floor.

Living in SCCL is like being on vacation and living in a resort every day. It is hard for us to even consider going to the beach, mountains or on a road trip. FOR WHAT REASON should be go????????/

Seriously, if you are over 55 and would like to live in a place that is truly awesome I recommend SCCL.

I play tennis, hike, kayak, make pottery, play mexican dominoes and so many other things it is impossible to say. Friends from all over the country so you might just say LIFE IS GOOD!!

Dunroven
I moved to SCCL in June, live in Pod R, which pod are you in?

Old 09-04-2009, 08:36 PM

9,471 posts, read 9,331,874 times
Default Shopping at SCCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2cruise3 View Post
Right outside the community there is Harris Teeter, CVS, BB&T, a brand new library. We are a golf cart community and we can ride our golf carts to the shopping center...oh forgot we have a Wendy's
Thanks for the info. What is there that available by car but not too far away? Any good restaurants?

Old 10-29-2009, 06:48 PM

56 posts, read 180,651 times
Hi
New to this site, the wife and I are thinking of buying at Carolina Lakes.
How many lots are left?
Is the community finished?
jp

Old 10-29-2009, 07:17 PM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,899,073 times
There are many lots left. They've sold a lot but are far from done. The place is huge. You should contact a sales rep and they could give you the details.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:00 AM

Does anyone know what the restriction are for the development such as fences or dog runs or motor-home parking? Is lawn care or is it included in fees? thanks jp

Old 10-30-2009, 12:22 PM

2,361 posts, read 4,853,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp9nine9 View Post
Does anyone know what the restriction are for the development such as fences or dog runs or motor-home parking? Is lawn care or is it included in fees? thanks jp
Here are the CC&R docs for SCCL. Everything you need to know is in there.

Live On Charlotte - Sun City Carolina Lakes

I can tell you there is NO parking of RVs for any length of time. If you have someone visiting who has one they might be able to get permission to park in the sales office lot for a night or two, but that's it. You are not permitted to park them in the Lake House parking lot. If it's your RV, you will have to make other arrangement to store it. You can have a fence, but it has to be less than 48" high and has to be of an approved wrought iron design. Any outside changes need to get approval through the modification committee. And no to dog runs. There is a dog park that you can take your dogs so they can play, etc. And of course you can always take them for walks, picking up after them of course. But just putting them outside and leaving them all day is a no-no, especially if they are barkers. And there is a maximum of 3 total animals allowed per house, with some types of animals not permitted at all.

Basic lawn care is included in the fees. Includes mowing, fertilizing, weed control, pruning, edging and leaf clean up as well as replacement/replenishment of the pine straw. But they only take care of the plants/trees/beds that are put in by the builder. Any extra landscaping that you do yourself is not taken care of, that's up to you. They also do not do liming or aeration at all (it is recommended for the Bermuda grass in the clay soil), that is also up to you to do or hire someone to do it for you. You can also opt out of them doing any fertilizing or pruning of trees and plants if you wish. I opted out of pruning because they massacred my crape myrtle last fall.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:33 PM

Thanks Rothbear;
Your reply is most helpful, we would never leave our dog out all day but he does need a place to sniff around so the fenced area will be used for that.

jp

Old 10-30-2009, 05:50 PM

19 posts, read 64,243 times
I'm not all that familiar with SCCL but I thought I heard somewhere that if you do put up a fence, you will not get lawn service because they tend to go from house to house right up and down the streets. Am I mistaken?

Old 10-30-2009, 07:34 PM

2,361 posts, read 4,853,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewsterB View Post
I'm not all that familiar with SCCL but I thought I heard somewhere that if you do put up a fence, you will not get lawn service because they tend to go from house to house right up and down the streets. Am I mistaken?
The neighbor behind me has a fence around her entire back yard (3 dogs) and they mow inside. Might be something to do with the size of the gate and if they can get their rather large mowers through. I know I have seen them in there. Again, that would be something in the documents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties