Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,689 times

Advertisements

. We enjoyed your upbeat update. We are planning a move to SCCL within 6 months. My husband is retired military and would love to hear from others there that use military "medicine" and other facilities. Can't wait to make the move.
Lynn

Last edited by lynnkotula; 03-07-2012 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: Add signature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 04:05 PM

2,360 posts, read 4,843,779 times
Lynn: There are tons of ex-military people here, so you should be able to find lots of people to help you out with that.

Have you purchased a house yet? What street? We are actually in an "older" area (Kensington section). We bought in 10/07, closed 3/08, and I moved down 9/08 (hubby couldn't move until we sold our house and his mother's house in PA and finally came down last July). Wow...I can't believe I have been here almost 4 years!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me (just click on my name and you can send a private message). Would love to meet up with you when you are in the area!

Old 10-26-2012, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,390 times
anyone from long island ny in Sun City???

Old 01-08-2013, 05:37 PM

11 posts, read 24,910 times
We are seriously thinking of moving to SCCL and were wondering how many of you have managed to own just one car with their golf cart?

Old 01-10-2013, 09:16 PM

2,360 posts, read 4,843,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Pip View Post
We are seriously thinking of moving to SCCL and were wondering how many of you have managed to own just one car with their golf cart?
See my answer to your question on the other thread.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:12 PM

2 posts, read 2,994 times
Default Unhappy With Pulte

We live in Sun City Carolina Lakes in Ft. Mill, SC.
The building quality is acceptable.
We on Primrose Court feel that Pulte has only cleaned up the garbage and building debris in the vacant lot because of complaints. The landscaping consisted of scraping the dirt, spreading grass seed, and covering it with straw.
The grass came up in patches and was left to grow. Eventually, the weeds crowded out much of the grass.
Pulte's response to complaints last week was a promise to repeat the process. No mowing will be done.
The field in back of our houses has been abandoned and is full of weeds between the homes and the fishing lake. Getting to the lake is a potentially hazardous adventure because of ticks, varmints, snakes and hidden holes. Neighbors attempts to cut down the weeds have been met with stern warnings to desist.
Some neighborhoods are beautiful and the prices of homes do not seem to determine the quality of landscaping.
The attraction, Lake K, is so overgrown with vegetation that it is impossible to see it from the street and Pulte refuses to trim the branches.
You can see some of the concerns at: [url]www.LakeKBlog.wordpress.com[/url].
If you decide to purchase a home from Del Webb/Pulte, write your expectations into the sales contract. If they won't agree to your needs and wants, flee from them We paid an extra $43,000 for our homesite and about 60% of the lake view was blocked by another home that was set 70 feet back -- rather than the five feet that the sales agent told us that it would be.

You're doing the right thing. I only wish that we had inquired from others about the Del Webb/Pulte development.
There's plenty of affordable land in South Carolina and it's a great place to live. The people are friendly, the kids are polite, and shop keepers are grateful for our business.
Good hunting.
Tech Bob

Old 05-24-2018, 07:39 AM

1 posts, read 938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omg14 View Post
anyone from long island ny in Sun City???
I am from Long Island, NY. Smithtown, NY. My husband and I are coming to check out SCCL in July for the first time. Hoping we like it. We are thinking of moving there. Elise and Joe

Old 12-05-2018, 08:34 AM

86 posts, read 131,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunroven55 View Post
I am happy to report that our move went fine and after one year I can finally find the garage floor.

Living in SCCL is like being on vacation and living in a resort every day. It is hard for us to even consider going to the beach, mountains or on a road trip. FOR WHAT REASON should be go????????/

Seriously, if you are over 55 and would like to live in a place that is truly awesome I recommend SCCL.

I play tennis, hike, kayak, make pottery, play mexican dominoes and so many other things it is impossible to say. Friends from all over the country so you might just say LIFE IS GOOD!!

Dunroven
If you don't mind me asking, how much is it to get in to an over 55 community like that? What kind of expenses am I looking at?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties