U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-03-2009, 08:06 PM
 
Location: SCCL, Lancaster, SC
444 posts, read 1,463,654 times
Reputation: 162

Advertisements

I am happy to report that our move went fine and after one year I can finally find the garage floor.

Living in SCCL is like being on vacation and living in a resort every day. It is hard for us to even consider going to the beach, mountains or on a road trip. FOR WHAT REASON should be go????????/

Seriously, if you are over 55 and would like to live in a place that is truly awesome I recommend SCCL.

I play tennis, hike, kayak, make pottery, play mexican dominoes and so many other things it is impossible to say. Friends from all over the country so you might just say LIFE IS GOOD!!

Dunroven
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-04-2009, 03:54 AM
CVP
 
581 posts, read 1,535,050 times
Reputation: 433
Sounds like you made a great choice and are living it up! We live nearby and took another ride in there other day. We were amazed at the new construction we stumbled upon in the back. Had no idea all those lots were tucked back there and it seems like a lot of building is going on. We also checked out the outdoor pool and then walked down back to the lake area, dock and walking trails. Beautiful! My husband and I agreed it felt like we were in a resort. We have 10 years to go yet before we meet the age requirement and right now we're a little jealous of you folks in there. I want to play pickleball!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2009, 07:21 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 65,314,414 times
Reputation: 22274
We have missed your posts - but I figured you were actively involved in your new life and simply not spending time gathering info at the computer, lol! Sounds like that was exactly what was going on!

Congratulations on getting settled in. It's a great feeling to get the boxes out!!!

I think many of us are very curious to find out how people feel about SCCL. It is such a well-done development. A lot of folks who have moved here are also wondering if this may be a place for their parents to consider - as well as people wondering about moving there themselves.

It is really good to get your perspective on life there. So happy for you that it has been a wonderful experience and the right move!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2009, 05:19 PM
 
Location: SCCL, Lancaster, SC
444 posts, read 1,463,654 times
Reputation: 162
Default Sccl

I appreciate so much your replies. I just have to say as I orginally stated there is just nothing like this life. Yes, we are living in a resort on a daily basis. You can play as much as you would like too or as little. I find that
I spend as much time in everyday doing something.

Everyone is so nice and like me so busy. I received an email asking how the people from up North and the people from the South get along. My answer is of course wonderfully. They are so happy to live here as we are that we all have so much in common.

Let me know Anifani when you are ready to come out, I'll treat you to lunch!

Please everyone if you have questions I will be honest and informative and if I don't know the answer will get it for you. Sun City really is a way of Life!!!

Dunroven
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2009, 05:17 AM
CVP
 
581 posts, read 1,535,050 times
Reputation: 433
I thought you had to be at least 55 to buy a home in Sun City, but someone told me the minimun age is 50. Is this true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2009, 07:38 AM
 
135 posts, read 260,944 times
Reputation: 126
CVP, according to Federal Law, in a 55+ community one member of the family must be at least 55. However, according to that law, only 80% of the homes need conform. That leaves 20% open. In some communities, there is a Board that reviews the prospective buyer if he/she is under 55.
Before you think about purchasing a Pulte home, take a minute to look at www.poorlybuiltbypulte.info. Very scarey. This website is a forum for unhappy Pulte buyers (and there are a lot of them!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2009, 07:45 AM
 
Location: North Carolina
6,772 posts, read 11,591,704 times
Reputation: 6501
DH sometimes golfs there w/ a friend. He said the course is nice too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2009, 06:25 PM
CVP
 
581 posts, read 1,535,050 times
Reputation: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by susieC View Post
CVP, according to Federal Law, in a 55+ community one member of the family must be at least 55. However, according to that law, only 80% of the homes need conform. That leaves 20% open. In some communities, there is a Board that reviews the prospective buyer if he/she is under 55.
Before you think about purchasing a Pulte home, take a minute to look at www.poorlybuiltbypulte.info. Very scarey. This website is a forum for unhappy Pulte buyers (and there are a lot of them!).
Thanks for the info...and sorry, you're too late with the website. I already own a Pulte home. We had a great experience building with Pulte and we love our home! I just might buy another when I'm old enough to hang with the "big kids" in Sun City!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2009, 09:00 AM
 
5,682 posts, read 6,470,594 times
Reputation: 4958
Default Shopping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunroven55 View Post
I appreciate so much your replies. I just have to say as I orginally stated there is just nothing like this life. Yes, we are living in a resort on a daily basis. You can play as much as you would like too or as little. I find that
I spend as much time in everyday doing something.

Everyone is so nice and like me so busy. I received an email asking how the people from up North and the people from the South get along. My answer is of course wonderfully. They are so happy to live here as we are that we all have so much in common.

Let me know Anifani when you are ready to come out, I'll treat you to lunch!

Please everyone if you have questions I will be honest and informative and if I don't know the answer will get it for you. Sun City really is a way of Life!!!

Dunroven
Is there much shopping near SCCL? Grocery, drugstore, Walmart, library, etc? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2009, 02:29 AM
 
Location: Reston, Va
14 posts, read 42,534 times
Reputation: 15
I just moved to Sun City this past June and I love it here. Have met so many wonderful neighbors and other people thru out the community. It truly is a cruise on land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top