Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2009, 12:12 PM

17 posts, read 51,338 times

Advertisements

We used this business because they were cutting down neighbors dead trees. A very big mistake. I wish I had checked them out before using them. They charged us $100.00 to cut down a dead tree in our yard and take it all away. Seems like a great deal, right? Our next door neighbor had 6 trees cut down. We all understood that he was going to be hauling all of the wood away just as he did with the neighbors across the street. The trailer he had was completely full from the neighbor's branches and trees from across the street.

They left after we had paid them and never came back to pick up any of the cut up trees or branches. My husband helped my neighbor for 3 hours pick up cut up trees and branches. My neighbor's lawn guy called the owner of Tree Pros and the owner of Tree Pros told him that our deal was to cut down the tree and haul it away and he said they did that. The lawn guys said, "that's funny because I'm looking right at it and it hasn't been picked up."
I stopped payment on the check I had written and he called me and lied several times about how he had never promised to pick up the cut up tree and branches and told me over and over how I can trust him. hmmmm, right!
His MO seems to be to not write a quote or invoice anything on paper charge whatever he wants there is no rhyme or reason to what he charges, then not do the work he has promised to do. I have written a report on Angie's List and intend to report him to the BBB. I think he likes Tega Cay apparently he thinks it is easy money and that we're not going to take any action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 01:24 PM

174 posts, read 502,028 times
Last time I used a tree service that was doing business in the neighborhood, they ended up stealing my extension ladder (borrowed it for yet another job around the corner and never came back), and a few weeks later a chainsaw was missing from the garage. Couldn't prove the chainsaw was their doing, but let's just say I had my suspicions. Called the number on the business card he left, and the business owner claimed that the guy didn't work for him, and in fact was wanted by the Sheriff's office. (Sheriff verified that this was the case - a warrant out for the guy!) Can't be too careful...The individual's name was Eddie Deese. I won't give the name of the service since I really don't think they had any idea. (And shame on me for paying cash)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties