Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 11:47 AM

28 posts, read 96,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBXJunkie View Post
If she were a good, decent realtor who genuinely cared about her customer, she would partner with another agent from the fort mill area to help you out. I'd at least suggest it. We are working with one now and I call/email her every day with more questions!
Thank you all for your suggestions. We like our realtor (and yes she is licensed in SC). We feel that she is doing her best, and that she is indeed a good, caring person. All I wanted to know are what are some of your favorite neighborhhods that land in the actual town of Ft Mill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixinthefamily View Post
We just bought in and love White Grove. Lots of mature trees, walking trails, open space and playgrounds. Home are in various price ranges. WE bought one that is 8 years old not sure about the others. We were lucky and got a basement which we really wanted but I don't think many homes in there have one. The neighborhhod just had the vibe that this is 'home' when we visited. My kids will go to Fort Mill Elementary and we had a tour and I think it is terrific. Good luck in your search I know what a daunting task it can be. WHen you find it you will know !!
Does this neighborhood have a pool? Or playground? Is there a website where I can find out more info about the neighborhood?

Old 04-29-2007, 04:29 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,213,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emski View Post
We're open to re-sale. Like I said, 2 of our favorites were resell neighborhoods. Maybe we'll check out Tega Cay for new construction. My other concern with buying in a brand new neighborhood is that if they're still building when we go to sell, then it'll be that much harder. For example, we checked out Legacy Park, and after seeing the 2 homes for sale there, decided that we would build new if we bought there (I also now know it's actually in Indian Land).
Not sure if this has came up before...and I didn't see this on any of your past posts...but I think it would be easier to suggest places for you to look if you can give a ball park figure of how much you are wanting to spend on a home.

Old 04-29-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedog View Post
I live in the "Indianland" portion of Fort Mill. However, I don't understand why it would be a problem to understand which part of Fort Mill a subdivision or house is in! Indianland is in Lancaster County, a fact which is clearly marked by signs and on maps. Surely realtors and developers would be glad to tell you whether you are in Lancaster or York County. BTW, the [i]Lancaster[i]portion of Fort Mill will get its own zip code in July, 29707, so maybe that will put your mind at rest. But I don't understand why you would be scandalized at the prospect of possibly being tricked to living in Indianland (if such a thing were possible). The area is much more convenient to most areas of Charlotte, only minutes to I-485, Ballantyne, and Carolina Place/Pineville, in fact most people from the "real" Fort Mill cut through Indianland to get to these places. Schools are considered to be very good, with all new buildings in the works or completed. Lots of retail, including Walmart (maybe not so good), Harris Teeter, etc. Thousands of new homes are under construction (including Belair at Carolina Lakes, which seems very nice) and over 15000 have been approved for eventual construction. Maybe you should get off your high horse and consider the Lancaster side of Fort Mill....

While it may not be confusing for you...I can see how it can be completely confusing for folks that are not familiar with the area. Indian Land, SC is "Not" a part of Fort Mill (natives of Indian Land will be the quickest to point that fact out to you). They only use a Fort Mill zip code as they do not have one of their own.

I have looked at several new builders websites where they clearly market their subdivisions being in Fort Mill, SC. It is not until you do a little more digging that they will make reference to the location being in Lancaster County or that the schools are located in Indian Land/Lancaster School District. They fully know where they are building yet continue to market their homes in Fort Mill....if they were being totally upfront about it...why would they not put Indian Land or Lancaster instead of Fort Mill?

Now before you start jumping on me about being uppity or whatever...go back and read all of my posts in regard to Indian Land. I am a big fan of Indian Land and feel that this area will/is the new hot ticket as far as places to live and the homes there will only continue to increase in price. But I will go on to say it is very important for people to know exactly where they moving for several reasons. First off..property taxes are going to be different (York County vs. Lancaster County). The other reason is...many folks want to be within the Fort Mill school District due to the excellent schools. While the Indian Land schools are getting better...there is still room for improvment (which my hope is that with all this new money coming in...some of it will funnel into the schools there).

People move to different areas for all sorts of different reasons...but no one should not be jumped on due to the fact that they were just trying to get some sort of clarification?

Last edited by lovethecarolinas; 04-29-2007 at 05:09 PM..

Old 04-29-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Does this neighborhood have a pool? Or playground? Is there a website where I can find out more info about the neighborhood?
http://www.whitegrovehoa.net/whitegrovehoa/page.html

Old 04-29-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Hi everyone. We just got back from checking out Fort Mill, and liked what we saw. My question is, we saw one neighborhood that we liked, and we thought it was in Ft Mill, but it's actually Indian Land. How can you find out the difference? The address said Ft Mill. (BTW-it was Belair by Pulte Homes).

We also liked Knightsbridge and Waterstone. Most of the new construction neighborhoods seemed a little sparse, like there were no trees or greenery.
Thought you might find the following articles interesting reading (in regard to Knightsbridge and Waterstone)

http://www.heraldonline.com/101/story/16409.html (broken link) (Cul de Sacs in Knightsbridge)

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/calendar/story/6471913p-5764602c.html (broken link) (Earth Day in Waterstone)

Old 04-29-2007, 08:44 PM

Thanks so much for all the help lovethecarolinas! I really appreciate it!

As for price range, we're looking to spend between $200-$250.

Old 04-29-2007, 09:02 PM

195 posts, read 231,122 times
You might want to look into Sunningdale in Regent Park. It's in Fort Mill, Fort Mill school district, it's a little older neighborhood so trees are well established, it's a lovely neighborhood right in your price range, and you can enjoy the pool, tennis courts and playground ammenities Regent Park has to offer as well as look out at a beautiful golf course. Good luck!

Old 04-30-2007, 07:15 AM

425 posts, read 1,570,988 times
Quote:
No pool which is nice on the HOA fee amounts. There are two playgrounds and lots of kids. I think there are some homes in your price range. I think they go from about $225-$340. If you go to a realtor site where you can serch by neighborhood, I used allen tate . com , You can plug in all the suggestions given and it will tell you what homes in those neighborhood are available. I see love the carolinas gave you the neighborhood link.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:35 PM

36 posts, read 163,248 times
We just moved into Knightsbridge in Ft Mill a week ago and are very pleased with our decision. We looked at a TON of houses and always came back to this area. We have met several of our neighbors and been greeted kindly with housewarming gifts and warm wishes. Believe it when you hear how friendly people are here! Everyone here can't say enough about what a great neighborhood this is and how awesome the schools are. Our kids even made friends the first day we were here!

Lots of luck on your decision!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties