Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 08:10 AM

146 posts, read 451,638 times

Advertisements

Hi Gayle! We are also from PA and relocating to Tega Cay in the next few weeks (if all goes well on our contract here...keeping our fingers crossed!) We have been making trips down and doing research since September and we settled on Tega Cay after visiting several neighborhoods in Fort Mill. We just kept coming back to Tega because of the lake and the landscape and greenery. The trees are beautiful and the city protects them which is an added plus- you can not cut down a tree more then 4 inches in diameter without city approval. Lovesthecarolinas, please correct me if I am misspeaking here...

Baxter is nice also- I don't think you can go wrong in either area! Let me know if I can help at all as someone who is going through the same thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 10:23 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,427,768 times
They cut down plent of trees to build a Walmart. Green cotton (money) is worth more than green trees to some people. In 30 years we'll have a ton of homes, but no air to breathe. It's already happening in Metro Charlotte.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:10 PM

57 posts, read 238,191 times
I live in Tega Cay and just love it..Its the best place I have ever lived and we have lived many places due to my husbands job.. PA family you are very correct about the trees. Tega Cay is very beautiful with water and many trees..There is so much for families to do here..

Old 06-29-2007, 12:12 PM

I live in Lakeshore subdivision, In Tega Cay

Old 06-29-2007, 12:31 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Family View Post
Hi Gayle! We are also from PA and relocating to Tega Cay in the next few weeks (if all goes well on our contract here...keeping our fingers crossed!) We have been making trips down and doing research since September and we settled on Tega Cay after visiting several neighborhoods in Fort Mill. We just kept coming back to Tega because of the lake and the landscape and greenery. The trees are beautiful and the city protects them which is an added plus- you can not cut down a tree more then 4 inches in diameter without city approval. Lovesthecarolinas, please correct me if I am misspeaking here...

Baxter is nice also- I don't think you can go wrong in either area! Let me know if I can help at all as someone who is going through the same thing!
You are doing just fine PA Family! Also the things that keep you coming back to Tega Cay....are the exact same things that drew us here! (then as it turned out...all of the community events that we have in Tega Cay...are an extra added bonus)

http://www.municode.com/resources/ga...d=13394&sid=40
-Code of Ordinances
-Chapter 22 "Environment"
-Article IV "Trees"
-Section 22 (101 thru 116) the one stated above is 106

Old 06-29-2007, 05:30 PM

146 posts, read 451,638 times
Thanks Barbjf! It looks like we will end up in Lakeshore as well. Glad to hear that you like it there. We had 2 elementary age kids and we want to make sure that they make friends before school starts, I think there are enough activities in the neighborhood to help make their transition easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbjf View Post
I live in Tega Cay and just love it..Its the best place I have ever lived and we have lived many places due to my husbands job.. PA family you are very correct about the trees. Tega Cay is very beautiful with water and many trees..There is so much for families to do here..

Old 06-29-2007, 06:47 PM

Have you bought in Lakeshore yet? We just love it. let me know if you have any questions regarding the neighborhood..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties