Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 01:35 PM

595 posts, read 1,622,239 times

Advertisements

I looked at my cable bill today & guess what?
The cost of cable through Comporium has gone up by $3!
Just like that. Didn't get any warning, Comporium just drafted an extra $3 this month...

So which is better Direct TV or Dish Network?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 03:12 PM

11 posts, read 29,946 times
Default Comporium Cable Service Rate Increase

I went back and looked in my August bill and found this printed message:

To cover increased programming costs, the Basic Plus rate
will adjust to $37.95 on Sept. 1. Also, Boomerang, E! HD,
Fox News HD, TBS HD and the Big Ten Network will be added.
This year, we added more than 40 new channels and now offer
100 percent pure digital audio and video.

As I recall, Comporium does this about this time every year just like Time Warner Cable always raised my rates every January by 5-7%. I assume the dish companies do the same thing. It's the programmers that make the money and hold up the cable TV and dish companies who have the choice of either carrying that network (e.g., ESPN) or dropping it, which of course, they can't allow.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:49 PM

63 posts, read 298,954 times
Switch to Dish or Directv.

We've had Dish for 3 years now. Our bill has actually gone down after two years. You just have to call up customer service and ask to speak to the customer retention team, tell the nice person on the other side of the world such a magical team does exist, and then negotiate your bill down. We are paying $25/month for the ClassicBronze package with local channels and a DVR and no contract. Just never accept the free HBO, that will extend your contract.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:36 AM

78 posts, read 224,998 times
Hello All, I've been down this way a year now. While we were having our house built, we rented an apartment in Lake Wylie. They only have comporium in the area. I come from VA where we had on demand and start over; and comporium didn't have this. I couldn't wait to move into my home. As we were in the wiring stage of building; we found that comporium had contracted with our builder to prewire and Time warner was not in the are I ended up paying about 180.00 for cable, internet and phone a month. But recently TWC came into our are and offered a lock in for 139.95 for all three services. I'm getting more service for less money! At least for two years

Old 09-09-2009, 08:46 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,953,253 times
Default Dish

I've had both Dish Network and Directv and was much more pleased with Directv. Unfortunately in my rental house, I have a huge tree that blocks the signal.....no dish for me.....right now. Fortunately for me, the house I'm looking to buy has a dish and I will go right back to Directv. Dish went up twice in the 3 years I had it. Directv didn't go up and when I called and "wondered" about cancelling service to go to Dish for the free DVR package they had for 6 months, Directv upgraded my service and gave me the DVR for free for a year. Plus, I got a $ 5.00 credit on my Directv bill for having BellSouth/AT&T services and they gave me a discounted rate on my landline for having the package, landline, dsl, directv and cell service. can't get that in York County though....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties