Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 10:38 AM

14 posts, read 18,137 times

Advertisements

It seems you are having trouble adapting to Northerners invading your territory, or you wouldn't have made the comments you did. I'm comfortable here but don't think it's right I'm labeled or stereotyped. I did nothing and I am attacked because of my roots. I've seen a lot I could be bitter about...like tourists visiting the site of the 9/11 attacks and taking photos in front of it smiling like it were Disney World. There is nothing serious here to be angry about. You don't have it that bad, I think we are pretty good people, I'm sorry you came across a few unsavory folks, but please don't lump them together with all of us.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:57 AM

299 posts, read 1,066,051 times
Not that I want to perpetuate the argument here... I was just curious about the largest city in the world.

Wikipedia lists NYC as the 13th largest city in the world, and the 4th largest metropolitan area in the world. The data listing NYC as #2 was from a 2005 estimate. Wikipedias numbers are from 2008 and 2009 mostly.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:07 AM

8 posts, read 9,797 times
Well New York City is certainly the largest city in the United States. I thought it was the world's largest city but I did forget about Tokyo. Japan's population is of course a lot denser than the United States. I do believe it is the second largest city. Tokyo doubled it's population over 100 years.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:09 AM

14 posts, read 18,137 times
IDK, I guess one more thing you can add to the laundry list of complaints about us Northerners is: We don't know if NYC is the 1st or 2nd largest city in the world. lol

Old 09-19-2009, 11:15 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,451,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyangle View Post
It seems you are having trouble adapting to Northerners invading your territory, or you wouldn't have made the comments you did. I'm comfortable here but don't think it's right I'm labeled or stereotyped. I did nothing and I am attacked because of my roots. I've seen a lot I could be bitter about...like tourists visiting the site of the 9/11 attacks and taking photos in front of it smiling like it were Disney World. There is nothing serious here to be angry about. You don't have it that bad, I think we are pretty good people, I'm sorry you came across a few unsavory folks, but please don't lump them together with all of us.

LOL...
you need to learn the culture of the South. And while learning, learn to read with comprehension.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:18 AM

Chromekitty, you are being rude, I have to agree with Jazzy, you have an obvious chip on your shoulder

Old 09-19-2009, 11:21 AM

259 posts, read 729,989 times
i move around a lot. i hope no one judges me like you're judging those from Jersey. (and it'd be a completely different story if you were talking about their driving, but you're not!)

i will say that it's human nature to compare what you don't know to what you do know, so it's natural when someone moves to a new place to compare it to where they just came from. i'm not sure people are conscious that they're doing it let alone that others may think it's rude.

i think that you need to just breathe.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedBlue View Post
Chromekitty, you are being rude, I have to agree with Jazzy, you have an obvious chip on your shoulder

that is a matter of opinion as to whether or not I am being rude. I am not....
no chip here, far from it.

You guys are way tooooo sensitive.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:37 PM

Too sensitive? you called "Jersey" a nasty place. That was mean, and untrue. I'm not even from New Jersey and I'm offended. South Carolina has the highest violent crime rates in the country, and North Charlotte probably has more crime than the entire state of New Jersey. I'm from CT, a "New Englander" and to be honest, while there are nice parts of CT, there are really bad parts too. I left because of the cost of living,and overcrowding. I wish I could have moved across the water to Long Island, NY, but I couldn't afford it. I don't get the hype about New England, and I'm FROM New England. Nobody is attacking SC, we all love it here, stop being so proud. You are the person making the attacks.

Old 09-19-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedBlue View Post
Too sensitive? you called "Jersey" a nasty place. That was mean, and untrue. I'm not even from New Jersey and I'm offended. South Carolina has the highest violent crime rates in the country, and North Charlotte probably has more crime than the entire state of New Jersey. I'm from CT, a "New Englander" and to be honest, while there are nice parts of CT, there are really bad parts too. I left because of the cost of living,and overcrowding. I wish I could have moved across the water to Long Island, NY, but I couldn't afford it. I don't get the hype about New England, and I'm FROM New England. Nobody is attacking SC, we all love it here, stop being so proud. You are the person making the attacks.

Jersey is nasty, crime ridden and gang ridden, even natives have shared this with me. One of those being a good friend of mine. The facts are the facts. If you don't like that, then yeah...you are the one being sensitive. And you are incorrect, SC does not hold the title of the most violent crime stats in the country. That would be DC. As far as Charlotte, I am very well aware of the crime stats of Charlotte. Even though that isn't a part of this topic.

None the less, there is no one making attacks, get over it. Just because someone doesn't agree with you, does not mean they are attacking. It isn't a matter of pride, it is a matter of facts. The South is what it is and no one is going to change it and the very same would apply if someone from the South moved up North. In the South you are yankees and always will be, again just if a Southerner moved up north. Get over it, those are facts you can not argue. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties