Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 07:08 PM
ald

59 posts, read 235,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymoon View Post
I have been living in Fort Mill/Tega Cay area for over 30 years. I think that it is wonderful how we have become very popular to new folks but this is getting out of control. It is like I am in New Jersey. I can almost tell by the way a person is conducting themselves at Wal-Mart they are from either NY or NJ. I hear them say, "well in New Jersey this would never happen" What a mess you people must have been in up in the North. I can say that I have met many New Englander's on our street that are refined and classy. I have a dear friend now from Boston that I have been blessed to meet. I am so sad to see that this once special southern town is turning into a corrupt Jersey MESS!!! Slow down JERSEY and and leave you hostile ways back in the armpit you came from.
I think you need to apologize for your post. It is very rude and offensive. I am from New Jersey and I must state that you are sterotyping a wonderful state and wonderful people over the action of a few. Have you ever been to New Jersey? Most of the towns in New Jersey happen to be very upscale and most individuals are very well educated with an abudance of sophistication and class....including myself.

There is no one perfect place in this country. Each state has its good and its bad and I think it is in poor taste to vocalize such poor words about a wonderful state.

Thank you,.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:40 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
I am sorry but I just don't think that someone who is from a state (South Carolina) that is behind in everything from education to economics is in any position to talk about NYC or NJ.

It's like family ... you can talk about your family ... but others can't ... I was born here ... with all her good and all her bad I love South Carolina ... with her good and bad for whatever reason people are moving here in droves ... when I was in high school there was no Tega Cay ... it was the Fort Mill side of the river ... Fort Mill was a sleepy little place but so much fun .... all the RH High girls in their Junior year had their rite of passage dating a Fort Mill High Jock ... everything was closed on Sunday ... if you needed anything you better buy it on Saturday nothing was allowed to be open on Sunday, Blue Laws were very strict then.

Growth started and growth brings change and if there is one thing a southerner doesn't care for ... its change. LOL I have often heard ... 'back home we did it this way or had this or that' ... and ... we think to our self why don't you go back home then ... but we don't say it, merely think it ... basically we have accepted and welcomed any one moving here. We have changed ... maybe screaming and hollering along the way but we did it. Well perhaps our driving still sucks.

I have good neighbors from far and wide ... they are southerners now ... maybe not by birth but they adapted to their new State and not a one would ever return to California, New Jersey, Alaska, even Virginia

In the great scheme of things it doesn't matter what city is the largest in world ... we have Charleston ... The Grand Strand ... can zip up to the Blue Ridge Mountains and even cross the border into the largest city in North Carolina our metropolis Charlotte.

Life is good!

Old 09-19-2009, 08:06 PM

156 posts, read 511,345 times
Can't we just all get along?

Old 09-20-2009, 12:24 AM

1,556 posts, read 3,547,521 times
Default Get ready for change!

This whole conversation reminds me of one thing......the civil war and it seems that there are some hick rednecks (yeah if the word Yankee can be used over and over throughout this thread then I can use the word redneck) that simply hate Northerners because they got their a-s's kicked during the civil war! Well you can hide your hatred behind a fake upset about transplants moving here. However that is not going to change a thing. The fact of the matter is that the transplants have more money then you and the state of SC and the developers want to capitalize on it. It happened in Atlanta and it happened in Charlotte........your so called southern way of doing things could not stop the progress in those city's and you will not be able to stop it here in SC. Get over it and get ready for the change.

It is called CAPITALISM and it is the American way.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:12 AM

14 posts, read 18,188 times
CarolinaWoman, you were honest but have eloquence, you represent the Southerners I know and love. Funny how the original poster (sunnymoon) started a whole argument by being a bitter nasty jerk, yet if you look at her prior posts, she wishes she were a Northerner. Sunnymoon, I love how you post in the Rhode Island forum as sweet as a peach looking for some advice on a possible move there. Meanwhile, you blast those from NY/NJ in this forum. You won't be able to afford it there sweetheart so keep pipe dreaming. We didn't all leave the North because it wasn't beautiful, we left because of the cost. I sold my 2 Bed/2 Bath apartment on the lower east side of Manhattan for 2.2 million dollars. I then bought a 500K home here with low low taxes. My sister lives on the ocean on Long Island in a 800K home yet can't afford the massive bills and the $13,000 a YEAR taxes!! Why do you think we are moving here? Hope you have a few mil in the bank...and even then, have fun writing those massive checks every month. BTW: If NY was such a classless ****hole why do celebs flock to NYC and the Hamptons? I don't recall Bobby Deniro and Beyonce setting up fort in York County, SC. LOL. Get real. BTW: NewYorkBorn is right, some of you are still bitter about the civil war which is ridiculous. FYI: One day you're going to call the wrong person a "Yankee" and get the teeth knocked out of your mouth....beware. You know we don't like it, yet you still do it.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:46 AM

5 posts, read 9,759 times
got "useguys" a fired up I see, so sorry, I wanted to vent and I did. Jazz sorry but if you have the so called money like you say you do I sure as hell would not have moved to The Reserve. Never seen a house in that hood over 375. Maybe you should look next door in Eppington or perhaps Firethorn. In your dreams. My family and I are living the life and yes can't wait till we get away from all your NY bull****. Have fun finding a rental!

And let me say Northerners are just fine its the NEW YORK AND NEW JERSEY NASTYS that are screwing this place up!!!

Old 09-20-2009, 08:56 AM

LOL, you really are one bitter woman. Yes, I live in the Reserve, and my home is 500K, would you like to see the receipt that I paid CASH?? HAHAHA! Look it up, I have the Selwyn Model on one of the biggest lots and added a full walkout basement for my Mother-In-Law. She has a full apartment with Master suite, master bath and kitchen. We are also the only home to have a private pool and jacuzzi in our yard. Why don't you call up Chris Dillard over there at The Reserve and punch some numbers. Am I done breaking it down for you to understand, Mommy?

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-20-2009 at 09:19 AM..

Old 09-20-2009, 09:05 AM

Finding a rental? Um, you really can't read can you? I was HELPING someone on another thread to find a temporary rental. Wow...you're not too bright.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:08 AM

615 posts, read 1,693,297 times
WOW, this thread just makes me sad. I was born and raised in SC and I am offended by the OP. I visit a friend in NJ every year, going next week as a matter of fact and she lives in an absolutely beautiful area of NJ. You obviously need to get out more if you think all of NJ is Newark! Her area is full of horse farms and hardwood trees and parks.

I find it ironic that someone living in SC can harp about the horrible crime in NJ, it doesn't take much research to figure out that SC crime is much, much worse. I also find it very funny that the OP is complaining about how the area is full of transplants but because the area is so popular with those transplants is the reason for the increase in property values and the fact that in general the job market has been great over the last 10 years (obviously this last year has not been good, but that is all over the country). It is also the reason for all the amenities and commercial areas that have popped up in recent years.

If you hate living in a popular area where transplants move to, well you can just move out to the country where everyone hates "yankees" as much as you do. They still cuss and spit at them and you can hang your cofonfederate flag out and get cheered.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:10 AM

1,028 posts, read 3,082,198 times
I have seen threads closed for far less fighting than this. Perhaps there is an office pool going. I want in for 200, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties