Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2007, 09:47 AM

163 posts, read 586,226 times

Advertisements

and tell me why you like it!

I am on the Charlotte board alot...Due to living in Ballantyne at the moment!! That said, my dh and I will be looking to move just over the border into SC, south of Charlotte.

I am seriously gonna be looking for a house this weekend. The development can be new, or old (but being well kept up on is very important to me). My focus is in Fort Mill, Tega Cay, Lake Wylie, and Rock Hill, as long as it borders Fort Mill area.

Also, if you know of a safe town, that is near the locations I mentioned (along 77 and 49) ...Please feel free to share!

If possible, please name the builder who built the development...even if old, as this would be very important to me..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 01:06 PM

83 posts, read 399,188 times
What kind of price range do you have in mind? That'll make it easier to offer suggestions.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:11 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,209,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
and tell me why you like it!

I am on the Charlotte board alot...Due to living in Ballantyne at the moment!! That said, my dh and I will be looking to move just over the border into SC, south of Charlotte.

I am seriously gonna be looking for a house this weekend. The development can be new, or old (but being well kept up on is very important to me). My focus is in Fort Mill, Tega Cay, Lake Wylie, and Rock Hill, as long as it borders Fort Mill area.

Also, if you know of a safe town, that is near the locations I mentioned (along 77 and 49) ...Please feel free to share!

If possible, please name the builder who built the development...even if old, as this would be very important to me..
I thought you were closing on a home in Whitley Mills (Fort Mill)?

Old 05-03-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
I thought you were closing on a home in Whitley Mills (Fort Mill)?
I was...

Due to unexpected circumstances that arose on the day of the close...My dh and I felt the best thing to do would be to back out...

God was certainly looking out for us, thank goodness....

Last edited by misfit; 05-03-2007 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 05-03-2007, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortexx View Post
What kind of price range do you have in mind? That'll make it easier to offer suggestions.
If we could find an older, well established neighborhood....That may work out perfect for us.. (of course, the builder of that development would be very important)

I have been driving around today, and noticed how *homey* some older, well kept developments are..I am thinking around 230-270 thousand...

New is okay as well...That said, I am really liking some of the developments that are around 10-20 years old (guessing!)

Old 05-03-2007, 05:02 PM

474 posts, read 1,748,717 times
Quote:
If we could find an older, well established neighborhood....That may work out perfect for us.. (of course, the builder of that development would be very important)

I have been driving around today, and noticed how *homey* some older, well kept developments are..I am thinking around 230-270 thousand...

New is okay as well...That said, I am really liking some of the developments that are around 10-20 years old (guessing!)
Take a look at Walden Park in Fort Mill. We close on a new house there on Monday. Arts and Crafts style homes with fiber cement siding. There's about 25 homes there now and will be 119 when built out. Prices range from $250's to low 300's. The builder is Brentwood Homes of Charleston. Coming from Charlotte, 77 south to exit 85, take a left until you hit highway 21, turn right on 21, take a left on Harris Street and it's your first left on Walden Park Drive. It's only about 1-2 miles off of I-77.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:03 PM

20 posts, read 72,858 times
Default Why did you back out of Whitley Mills...Just curious.

I was looking there and will be visiting the area next week. Is there something I should know?

Old 05-10-2007, 01:13 PM

425 posts, read 1,570,239 times
Quote:

We settle on our house in the White Grove development in Fort mIll on the 25th. I am so excited as it seems like an awesome well kept neighborhood with mature tree's, walking trails and nice neighbors. As for the important stuff not sure what good I am cause I do not even know who built our house or what roads we are near other then Doby's Bridge. Houses seem to have a large price range starting at $200,000 going upto about $340,00.

Good luck in your search. EVentually you will be like us and just go somewhere sigh and say "this feels like home".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties