U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-15-2010, 07:01 AM

78 posts, read 108,615 times
Default Rock Hill

Does anyone know how the education system is in Rock Hill and what the commute uptown is during rush hour. Is it a family oriented area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 08:04 AM

442 posts, read 697,715 times
Moved here from the North 2 years ago. Education system IMO is mediocre at best in Rock Hill. It seems like they want everyone to "meet" the minimum standards, not excel. Fortunately, there is a new charter school opening next year.

As far as the commute to Uptown..I can leave my house right off exit 73 (last RH exit) at 550am and can be pulling into a Uptown spot (exit 9/10) in about 30-35 minutes. Leaving RH around 730 a few times it has taken a good hour + around the I-77/I-485 interchange. Evening commute is a BREEZE before 4:30, IMO.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:08 PM

589 posts, read 809,986 times
Rock Hill is not a bad commute to Charlotte.

As for schools, they aren't know to be great but neither are Charlotte Schools. They say Fort Mill & Clover have good schools, but I think that is just a lot of people's opinion without facts to back them up.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:12 PM

13 posts, read 22,130 times
If you are considering schools, CMPX2 is right Medicore if they are lucky. I would stick to Fort Mill Schools. They are Top Notch and you will feel right at home! We have many "New" New Yorkers LOL! As far as the commute, I work in Uptown and I can be at work in 25 min from exit 88.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:48 PM

474 posts, read 1,183,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDog3 View Post
They say Fort Mill & Clover have good schools, but I think that is just a lot of people's opinion without facts to back them up.

Just about every measure you can find will tell you Fort Mill and Clover are good schools. That's not opinion. The facts are out there. Definitely better than Rock Hill. I don't have the interest to research them right now, but I'm sure anyone can, if they really wanted to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties