U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-27-2010, 03:31 PM

2 posts, read 1,822 times
Default opinions on indian land schools

I currently live in the ballantyne area and am seriously considering a move to a home that is in the indian land school system. I two young children pre-school age and quality education is important. I have heard that the IL schools have been making big improvements but wonder how it compares to marvin and weddington schools - and how much of a gamle it is that they will be strong 5, 10 years from now.

I'd love to hear thought and opinons - good bad or indifferent.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 01:21 PM

100 posts, read 172,443 times
In the short term say 1-2 years I'd be a bit worried as funding is low and teachers are getting pink slipped due to the economy.

However, I feel the long term prospects are good as the school system makes due with what it has. My kids go there and while I don't agree with everything they are learning I have noticed a difference in the way they were taught in NC (Charlotte).

Also, the teachers are very caring (from what I know about Elementary I can't speak to middle or high). I also like the fact that there's a dress code enforced and they are strict on the rules.

That's my own opinion I'm sure over time you may receive more responses.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:07 PM

783 posts, read 835,671 times
I am wondering the same thing about IL schools. I am considering homes in the Indian Land school district, Marvin or Ardrey Kell. I haven't been able to find newer data on IL for comparison. Wanting to stay as close to hubby's job as possible near HWY 521/160. There are some very reasonably priced, nice looking homes in the IL school district near the office and I don't want to rule it out but data seems to be lacking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties