Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 10:30 AM

66 posts, read 255,196 times

Advertisements

Any good "authentic" mexican restuaurants in the Fort Mill area? I dont mean " On the Border"! We go to one in Monroe and it's fab..It really feels liek your in Mexico with soccer on the TV's, mexicans doing the cooking, etc. Also, any good chinese joints to hit up? I know there is a buffet in Pineville. We've been to Red Bowl and liked it, although it was a bit pricey for the quality. I hope we wont have to cross into NC for these places?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 11:10 AM

841 posts, read 2,474,819 times
I live in Clover - so that's probably far from you, but near my house there's an authentic little Mexican place - it's really good and their Margarita and salsa and nachos are awesome. But like I said, it's a really small place and since we're in the boonie - it doesn't get too crowded there. If you would like more info on it - PM me. As for the Chinese - I did go to a Japanese Restaurant in Pineville a few weeks ago - not sure if it's the same that you're referring too - It's called Nakato - that place was awesome..I loved their food, the ambiance...hubby and I enjoyed it very much. They also cook the food in front of you which is really cool.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:45 AM

396 posts, read 976,766 times
You can try Don Pedros in Charlotte on South Tryon (There's one in Pineville, too, close to the Carolina Place Mall - not too far from Fort Mill). That's my favorite Mexican Food place here. But I came here from California, so I haven't found anything here that's REALLY authentic. I sure do miss the Mexican food in Cali! But Don Pedros gets a thumbs up from me!

Old 04-22-2010, 12:34 PM

We may have to try Taqueria La Unica on South Blvd. I think they may be the closest thing to what we're used to.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:11 PM

564 posts, read 1,453,511 times
Senor tequilla in the shops at Piper Glen on Rea Rd is excellent. I know it is not in our neck of the woods but for crazy good Mexican that is where we go. I consider Don Pedro, El Cancun & Montery to be pretty close to each other in quality. Try Senor Tequilla some time. You will not be sorry.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:20 PM

174 posts, read 502,028 times
Try Delicacy Chinese Bistro in Rock Hill (off Celanese near I77, in with Empire State Pizza and Hooters). Good and affordable. Most authentic Dim Sum I have had since NY is at the Dragon Court in Charlotte (Sugar Creek and N Tryon).

You may want to check tripadvisor.com for local restaurant reviews. It's a pretty active site.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:12 AM

I am soo glad that SC is meeting some of your NY expectations Anyway, I am sure we'll find some new places to hit up. I appreciate the advice!

Old 04-23-2010, 07:55 AM

299 posts, read 1,071,182 times
We tried DOn Pedro and were not too fond of it. We lived in California for a while, too, and perhaps we have high standards...? At DP's, the atmosphere was authentic enough but I didn't think the food or margaritas were great, and the waiter spilled my husband's beer all over the table and me, and didn't replace it.

The best mexican food restaurant we've found was when we lived in Ohio, so obviously, you can find authentic food outside of Mexico and California... just takes a little searching or a good recommendation.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:40 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,988,877 times
So, how about Chinese take-out? Back in New England, every town had atleast 3 places. Basically, most were just small walk in places with maybe 2 tables. Prices were cheap and they always had tons of combination platters and specials. The few places ive seen are sit down and seem semi upscale. Any small "hole in the wall" Chinese places in Fort Mill?

Old 04-25-2010, 11:26 AM
BNY

49 posts, read 192,307 times
We call up Big Wok in the Harris Teeter center across from Baxter for very good Chinese take out, good price. I've been happy with it and I'm from SoCal.

For Mexican, we go to El Maguey at 160/Gold Hill. It's convenient, good food, good price. We try various places in Charlotte but nothing has really blown us away, so El Maguey being local gets our support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties