- Package integrity
Observation: Dented cans found in storage. Cans were removed and destroyed.
- Date marking for ready to eat, PHF/TCS food prepared on-site or opened commercial container held for more than 24 hours
Observation: No datemarking system is in place.
- Food temperature measuring devices are provided and readily accessible
Observation: Food thermometer not available at time of inspection.
- Outer openings are protected
Observation: Gaps in the bottom of the back door.
- Toilet room
receptacle, enclosed, fixtures clean
- Eating, drinking, or using tobacco
Observation: Employee beverage in open container over the prep table.
- Non-food contact surfaces and food contact surfaces of cooking equipment and pans are clean
Observation: Shelving, exterior surfaces of equipment, and other nonfood contact surfaces soiled with food debris/residue.
- Food employees and conditional employees are informed in a verifiable manner of their responsibility to report in accordance with law, to the person in charge, information about their health and activities as they relate to diseases that are transmissible through food, as specified under 2-201.11(A)
Observation: No verifiable manner to ensure employees are aware of their responsibility to report illnesses/symptoms.
- Material characteristics of non-food contact surfaces
Observation: Cardboard sheets used to line shelves in cooking area and on section of the vent hood. Cardboard boxes used to store dishware/utensils.
- Food storage - preventing contamination from the premises
Observation: Cases of food stored on the floor in walk in cooler, walk in freezer, and dry storage.
- Physical facilities maintained clean: Cleaning frequency, restrictions, and methods
Observation: Walls/floors throughout establishment (kitchen, walk ins, ware washing area, etc.) soiled.
- equipment food contact surfaces and utensils clean to sight and touch.
Observation: Interior of the ice machine soiled.
- Demonstration of Knowledge
Observation: Person in charge knowledge of required temperatures was lacking. Person in charge not trained on use of food thermometer.
- Storage of clean linens, single-service, and single use articles
Observation: Cases of single use items (Take out containers, napkins, etc) stored on the floor.
- Test kit provided and used to measure sanitizing solution concentration
Observation: Test kit not available to check sanitizer concentration.
- Separating raw animal foods from raw ready to eat food and separating raw animal food from cooked ready to eat foods
Observation: Raw shell eggs stored over ready to eat items (fried meats and vegetables).
- Common name-working containers
Observation: Spray bottles containing cleaning chemicals not labeled.
- First aid supplies - storage
Observation: First aid supplies stored over food items in dry storage.
- Hand drying provided
Observation: Hand drying provided at the handwashing sink is a reusable towel.
- Established procedures for responding to vomiting and diarrheal events
Observation: No established procedure for the clean up of vomit and diarrhea.
- Posting inspection reports
Observation: Most current inspection report not posted.
- Light bulbs, protective shielding
Observation: Lights in the server station not shielded.
- Duties of PIC
Observation: Routine monitoring of cooking temperatures not done due to thermometer not present at time of inspection.