Pocahontas, IA : A grand edifice of local government -- the courthouse of Pocahontas county (located in the town of Pocahontas) -- was fittingly placed upon the Registry of Historical Places. So perfectly preserved is this building, that even its original clocks as well as its brass cuspidors are still in place. The War Memorial, hewn entirely of black marble, was erected on the courthouse's front terrace in mid-2007.
Viewed 1709 times
Current average rating: 7.6 (17 votes)
Picture by Christopher Baer
Submitted on 9/4/2007