Pampa, TX: HIGHLAND GENERAL HOSPITAL was the new hospital in 1952, with architectural in the bold "moderne" style. It has since been replaced by a newer hospital and demolished. Historical photo used with the permission of the McGovern Historical Collections, Texas Medical Center Library, Houston, Texas.
Rate this picture:
Pampa: CLOSED TIRE STORE on West Foster Avenue is listed in film location directories.
Pampa: BROTHERS CIVIC CLUB has few neighbors in a scarcely populated area of south Pampa.
Pampa: FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH has the largest congregation in Pampa.
Pampa: OLD ICE PLANT on East Tyng Avenue near the train depot is now abandoned.
Pampa: PAMPA GRAIN ELEVATOR stores some of the abundant wheat, corn, and grain sorghum grown in Gray County's sandy loam and black waxy soils.
Pampa: THE CONEY ISLAND CAFE, a Pampa legend, opened in 1933 and still serves one of the the best hotdogs to be found anywhere.
Pampa: POST-WW2 ERA Split-level home on East Browning Street
Pampa: HARVESTER BOWL on Hobart Street has been a popular recreation spot since the early 60s.
- 5587 times
- Current avarege rating
- 5 (61 votes)
- Picture by
- TJ Pierce
- Submitted on