~ Check out Kelly's website at www.KellyFixmer.com ~
OR ~ Call or text Kelly at any time at: 630.337.0928. Voice mails & texts are strictly confidential & will be returned within 24 hours!
Questions to ask if YOU are considering Life Coaching or Therapy:
* Do you feel alone?
* Do you need a new direction in life but need help finding it?
* Are you paralyzed by the thought of changing your life?
* Do you feel helpless about your current life situation?
* Do you often ask "WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME"?
* Are you afraid of what is going to happen in your life?
* Do you find yourself playing the "What If?" game?
* Are you feeling out of control in some way in your life?
* Do you have unresolved issues or regrets from your past?
* Are you at a loss of what to do to make things better/change?
If you answered yes to even one of the above questions, consider giving Life Coaching or Therapy a try - Everyone can benefit from Coaching or Therapy at some point in their lives...
~ More Info about Kelly Kramer Fixmer, MS ~
Kelly offers Life Coaching and Psychotherapy services from her Oswego, IL office, as well as via SKYPE if you live outside the western suburbs of Chicago. Kelly has an additional 15 years of post-graduate training after obtaining her Masters degree in Counseling from National-Louis University in Wheaton, IL in 1998. Subsequently, Kelly also completed all of the required coursework and internship hours to sit for the IL state exam for Drug and Alcohol Addictions. She also has post-graduate training in helping individuals, couples, and families with a variety of issues (see below for a complete listing of the areas Kelly specializes in).
With over 15 years of clinical experience, Kelly has helped hundreds of people, having logged over 10,0000 hours of direct client contact. Working with people ages 8 years and up, Kelly treats each client with dignity and respect, no matter their age, race, sexual orientation, religious or spiritual affiliation, financial status, type of addiction or problem, or mental health status.
~ What is a typical session like - and how does it work? ~
The differences between Psychotherapy and Life Coaching must be understood before entering into such a relationship. Please read on for brief descriptions of the differences of the 2 approaches in order to help you identify which method will work best for your particular situation. You may also want to discuss which approach will work best for you when you meet with Kelly at your initial session.
~ The Differences between Psychotherapy and Life Coaching ~
The relationship between a Psychotherapist and the Client is similar to the traditional doctor - patient relationship. The process of therapy includes identifying, processing, and healing from - or continuing to deal with - the specific symptoms that may come up from time to time, or may occur daily, such as addiction, relapses, and other mental health issues. Psychotherapy also includes learning to use new tools and skills that are necessary when living with a mental disorder. This process may take months, and sometimes even a year or more to heal from, or at the very least learn to cope with and/or function at a higher level than was previously achievable without help, depending on the severity of the disorder. Some disorders are lifelong and must be managed for the remainder of a person's life, especially for severe cases of the more complex and debilitating disorders. This is not the problem of Psychotherapy, but the necessity of Psychotherapy. People who come for Psychotherapy have a quantifiable, specific diagnosis that can be found in the DSM-IV(The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, 4th Edition of Psychiatric Disorders). At times, pharmaceutical therapy is utilized in conjunction with Psychotherapy, and Kelly works with the prescribing physician to achieve optimal results for the client.
A Life Coach, on the other hand, is more of a mentor and/or guide. When a person chooses to receive Life Coaching, he/she is not seeking mental health treatment for an actual disorder or diagnosis that is clearly identifiable in the DSM-IV, but rather, is looking for assistance with making necessary changes to achieve a desired goal or outcome. People who choose Life Coaching recognize that they have been unable to achieve these specific and defined goal(s) on their own, and therefore, have decided to seek the services of a Life Coach. The role of the Life Coach is to collaborate with the client to identify the specific steps necessary to reach the goal(s) and/or desired outcome, or to resolve the particular issue(s) for which they are seeking guidance and direction. The Life Coach takes into consideration each issue/goal the client wishes to work on, and together the Life Coach and client prioritize the goals and/or issues and create an action plan. The Life Coach guides the client along the journey to attain these set goal(s) identified at the start of the coaching process. In reaching these self-determined goals, people who seek Life Coaching are usually highly motivated and willing to participate in various exercises and useful "homework assignments" throughout their quest for reaching their full potential as a self-actualized individual. Finally, once the desired goals/outcomes have been reached, the process is completed, and bi-monthly or quarterly are often helpful to keep the client on track and moving in a forward direction in life.
Coaching is useful for individuals, couples, families, & other relationships, & may even be appropriate in certain business settings in order to promote teamwork and increase productivity.
~ Areas of specialty include the following ~
* Addictions of All Kinds
* Adjustment Issues
* Adolescent Issues
* Alcohol Abuse
* Anger Management
* Behavioral Issues
* Bipolar Disorder
* Bisexual Issues
* Boundary Issues
* Career Issues
* Christian Coaching/Therapy Available Upon Request
* Chronic Pain or Illness
* Chronic Relapse
* Codependency Issues
* Confidence Coaching
* Divorce & Mediation
* Drug Abuse
* Eating Disorders
* Elderly Issues
* Emotional Disturbances
* Family Conflicts
* Life Transition Issues
* Loss of Any Kind
* Mood Disorders
* Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
* LGBTQQA Issues
* Parenting Help
* Peer Relationships
* Pet Loss & Grief
* Pornography Issues & Addiction
* Pregnancy Issues or Crisis
* Relationship Issues
* Self Esteem
* Self-Harm Issues
* Sex Therapy
* Sexual Orientation Issues
* Sex & Intimacy Issues
* Sexual Addictions
* Sleep or Insomnia Issues
* Spirituality Issues
* Substance Abuse
* Suicidal Ideation - CALL 911 ASAP if you are SUICIDAL!
* Teen Transition Issues
* Thinking Disorders
* Transgender Issues
* Video Game Addiction
* Weight Loss
~ Please call or text Kelly if your issue is not on the list, as it is impossible to list every type or kind of problem that Kelly is qualified to help you with!
~ Additional Information ~
* The Initial Session is $75 for 75 minutes - Kelly's philosophy is that the initial session is a time to make sure that Kelly is the right Life Coach/Therapist for you! Kelly wants you to feel comfortable that you will work well together before making a commitment. If the connection isn't right, Kelly will refer you to another professional that is better suited for your particular needs.
* Subsequent Sessions are normally 50 minutes and the fee ranges from $50 to $115 & is determined on an individual basis; however, Kelly is willing to see clients for longer session times if requested, and will work out an appropriate fee arrangement based on need and availability.
* Clients with and without insurance are accepted!!
~ Looking for a Guest Speaker for Your Business or Group? ~
Kelly also offers a variety of workshops & presentations at her office or at your venue for the following topics (please contact Kelly for specific information on what you are looking for and to discuss pricing, or if you would like a presentation/workshop on a topic that is not listed below):
* Addiction, Alcohol & Drugs
* Anger & How to Handle IT!
* Anxiety Tips & Strategies
* Bereavement & Loss - For People & Our Beloved Pets
* Boundaries & How to Set Them for All of Life's Quandaries
* Burnout & How to Avoid IT!
* Business Workshops Tailored to Fit the Needs of YOUR Company!
* Caregiver Tips & Strategies
* Career Workshops - How to Find a New Career & Get a Job!
* Choosing a Major - For College Students of All Ages
* Chronic Pain - How to Survive & THRIVE!
* College Workshops for Parents of Teens - Be Prepared!
* College Workshops for Teens - What to Know BEFORE You Go!
* Communication for Couples
* Communication for Coworkers
* Communication for Families
* Customer Service Tips & Techniques
* Dating Workshop - for Singles Looking for That Special Someone
* Depression Support
* Divorce Support
* Drinking & Driving - Created Especially for Teens
* Empty Nesters - What to Expect & How to Prepare!
* Intimacy Workshops
* Marriage-Building Workshops
* Motivational Speaking for Better Customer Service
* Parenting Tips & Techniques
* Pregnancy - The Joys & The Truth!
* Pre-Marital Workshops
* Relapse Prevention & What To Do When a Relapse Occurs
* Relationship Workshops
* Retirement - What's Right For You - How To Retire & Remain Happy
* Self-Care Tips & Strategies
* Sex Workshops & Creating Greater Intimacy in Relationships
* Spirituality - Finding Your Holy Space
* Stress Management
* Surgery - How to Prepare & What to Expect Afterwards
* Team Building Workshops
* Teen Groups - Peer Support for Life Enhancement
* Teen Talk - Questions & Answers that All Teens Should Know
* Women's Issues - Nothing is Taboo!
"If nothing changes, nothing changes!" ~ Kelly Kramer Fixmer, MS
This page was created by a person asserting to represent this business. This website does not endorse this business or is otherwise affiliated with or endorsed by Kelly Kramer Fixmer ~ Life Coach & Psychotherapist.