December 08, 2008 (Routine)
- 1530 - Observed the lack of a quartenary ammonia test kit for the 3 compartment sink sanitizing solution.
Obtain a test kit.
- 3260 - Corrected During Inspection Observed employee clothing (jacket) atop cans.
Store personal clothing separate from foods/food equipment.
May 08, 2008 (Follow-up)
This is a reinspection for the proper operability of the kitchen's cold table/low boy refrigeration unit.This problem has been abated/food temperatures are within acceptable limits.
May 06, 2008 (Critical Procedures)
- 0820 A 2 - Critical Observed temperatures of foods taken at the bottom half of the cold table refrigeration unit registered between 50-54 degrees (cut tomatoes, milk, heavy cream, cut cucumbers, cut peppers, sauce, cheese, cannoli sauce).
Discard these products; cold foods should be 41 degrees or below. Food discarded.
- 0830 - Critical Observed some foods in refrigeration units with no date markings.
Date all foods held for 24 hours or more.
November 27, 2007 (Routine)
- 0060 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Observed the ServSafe Manager Certification expired 3/02. No certified manager on site.
Supply a certified food manager/someone must pass a demonstration of knowledge test.
- 0470 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Observed frozen breaded fish in the reach-in unit with no covering/lid.
Provide a tight-fitting cover/lid on all foods.
- 1750 - Observed a bottle of Febreeze filled/labeled Windex.
This is a single-use item. Obtain another spray bottle/new bottle for the Windex.
- 1770 A - Corrected During Inspection Critical Observed several knives on the 3 compartment sink drainboard that are dirty.
Clean the knives.
- 3045 - Corrected During Inspection Observed the lack of a handwashing sign at the kitchen/restroom sinks.
Supply a handwashing sign at each handsink used by foodservice personnel.
- 3340 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Observed a spray bottle of Comet atop the rear cold table refrigeration unit.
Store toxic items separate from foods/food equipment. Remove at once.
June 25, 2007 (Critical Procedures)
Good glove use observed. Good documentation of lasagna cook and cooling. Good work.
January 29, 2007 (Follow-up)
All violations cited upon previous inspection have been corrected (includes 470, 820, 2890). Good work-new refrigeration/prep table @ <40 degrees.
January 24, 2007 (Routine)
- 0470 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Found raw ground beef stored above pepperoni.
Store all raw foods below RTE foods.
- 0820 - Critical Found ricotta cheese in prep box at 46 degrees, interior 47-50 degrees.
Repair/replace to maintain 41 degrees or below at all times.
- 2890 - Found light shield missing at fixture over mixer.
Repair or replace.
Cooling, good practices and documentation for cooling lasagna. Lighting >58 foot candles at prep area. Good glove use.
January 24, 2007 (Complaint)
Henrico Health Department has received a customer complaint stating: ordered food for lunch delivery on 1-23-07 which included steak and cheese supreme sub, while eating found hair "cooked in it, inside the steak and cheese"; called restaurant, advised manager, asked for refund. Observations: at time of visit all foodhandlers had short hair and were wearing caps. Discussed complaint with manager who was aware of complaint but did not know how it happened. No violations observed.
October 24, 2006 (Critical Procedures)
Violation: 0340 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Front prep refrigerator at 54 degrees.
Called for repair. Remove perishable foods (eg, ricotta cheese) until corrected. Done.
Good glove use observed.
May 25, 2006 (Critical Procedures)
Violation: 3340 - Critical Unlabeled spray bottle at wait area.
Label all containers of cleansers/toxics.
Good glove use.
January 25, 2006 (Routine)
Violation: 3080 - Light levels 30-35 foot candle at grill area and pizza prep.
Provide 50+ foot candle in food prep areas.
Good glove use observed. Good time labels for prepared pizzas, good cooling documentation for lasagna.
August 30, 2005 (Critical Procedures)
- 0450 - Critical Observed bare hand contact with cooked pizza (upon entry).
No bare hand contact with RTE food.
- 0800 - Critical Lasagna, cooked/cooled yesterday at 47.8 degrees.
Document times & temp to verify cooling 140 degrees to 41 degrees within 4 hours.
- 0820 - Critical Pizzas, cooked on service counter with no time controls.Pizza-spinach at 86-687 degrees, como 88-90 degrees, pep & sausage at 82 degrees, pep at 86-87 degrees.
Hold at >140 degrees or provide time control at all times.
Cooks in rear using gloves.
March 25, 2005 (Critical Procedures)
Violation: 0470 - Critical Dough pans on floor at front prep area. Cans tomatoes/sauce on floor in rear of kitchen.
Store off floor.
Good glove use, changed gloves after touching raw meats.
January 24, 2005 (Follow-up)
All violations cited upon previous inspection have been corrected. Good time controls on held pizza observed, good protection of pizza on display, good label and dating of prepared food.
December 01, 2004 (Routine)
- 0550 - Plastic, singel service cups in flour, parmesan, pepper, etc.
Provide/use food grade utensil with handle. Corrected.
- 0650 - Cooked pizza on shelf above display line, unprotected from customer contamination.
Keep pizza below shelf, protected. Corrected.
- 0830 - Critical Tuna salad "prepared yesterday" with no label and date.
Always provide label and date on prepared foods. Corrected.
- 2190 - No cold water available at handsink in rear.
Provide/repair cold water at this handsink.
- 3180 - Accumulation flour/debris under/behind equipment.
Thoroughly clean floors.
Observed good glove use, minimal bare hand contact with RTE.
August 16, 2004 (Critical Procedures)
- 0820 - Critical Sausage on make table at 51 degrees.
Move to refrig. Have unit checked and adjusted. Corrected.
- 0470 - Critical Repeat Raw shell eggs over RTE foods.
Move eggs. Corrected.
May 21, 2004 (Critical Procedures)
- 0470 - Critical Raw shell eggs over RTE foods.
Move shell eggs below. Corrected.
- 3340 - Critical Unlabeled spray cleaner.
February 24, 2004 (Routine)
Violation: 0470 - Critical Raw chicken stored over lettuce.
Move chicken below. Corrected.
January 21, 2004 (Follow-up)
- 3180 - Repeat Wall not clean.
Clean or paint.
- 1800 - Repeat Shelving not clean.
November 18, 2003 (Routine)
- 0820 - Critical Temp of sausage on top of pizza make table at 55 degrees.
Move to walk in box. Have make table checked to assure correct temps. All PHF to be placed in walk in box. Corrected.
- 1780 - Critical Pizza dough pans not properly cleaned and sanitized after use.
- 0790 - Chicken improperly thawing using room temp.
Use approved method (placed in walk in box). Corrected.
- 0610 - Boxes of oil under and in front of hand sink. Containers on floor in walk in.
Store food containers off floor and away from splash or drip areas.
- 1570 - Shelving in freezer improperly repaired.
Repair with suitable materials in a manner that provides smooth cleanable surface.
- 0240 - Food employees not wearing hair restraints.
Have all employees wear hair restraints.
- 0570 - Wiper cloths laying on counters or prep tables.
Keep wiper cloths in labeled container of sanitizer solution.
- 0810 - Chicken in walk in box cooling too deeply.
Cool 2 inches deep in shallow pan.
- 3180 - Wall and ceiling not clean.
- 1800 - Shelving not clean.
March 27, 2003 (Critical Procedures)
- 0820 - Critical Pepperoni and sausage pizza 74.7 F, no label present for time control. Sausage 50 F on make table.
Keep sausage in deep pans. Keep lids closed. Moved to lower refrig to cool.
- 1890 - Critical Canopener not clean.
Items to be properly rinsed before sanitizing.
Based on public records. Inadvertent errors are possible.
City-Data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.
Some parts © 2015 Advameg, Inc.