Asia Cafe, 750 Commonwealth Drive NE, Norton, VA - Restaurant inspection findings and violations
Back to Virginia Restaurants, Virginia, VA smaller cities, VA small cities, All Cities.
Restaurant: Asia Cafe|
Address: 750 Commonwealth Drive NE, Norton, Virginia
Phone: (276) 679-1502
Total inspections: 6
Last inspection: Oct 7, 2009
October 07, 2009 (Follow-up)
Follow up inspection from October 5, 2009. Violations corrected. All food holding temperatures now in compliance.
One suggestion is to have your workers take food probe thermometers and during times when business is slow, have them go around the food bars, take temperatures, and record them on paper for your review. That way if something is out of temperature, you can be made aware of it as soon as it happens.
Good job. Thank you.
October 05, 2009 (Critical Procedures)
Violation: 0820 A 2 - Critical The raw meats and fish on the bar near the grill and the foods on the salad bar are holding at improper temperatures
Foods placed on the bars at 11:00 am, and were checked by me at 2:00 pm, which is 3 hours. At 3:00 pm the foods that are out of temperature on this report must be discarded. Ice is being used to keep the foods cold on the salad bar. Additional ice was placed beneath the foods.The raw meats are held cold on a refrigerated bar. The meat in the deeper pans was much colder than the fish that was in shallow pans. Switch and put your vegetables in the shallow pans and your meats in the deeper ones. Use a metal stem food thermometer to check your temperatures. Cold held foods must be 41 degrees or less. Check the temperatures of your hot and cold held foods every day.Ice was placed in the unit holding the raw meats and fish.
Follow up to be done on Wednesday of this week. Turn the temperature of the coke refrigerator down to where it is holding at proper temperatures.
All of the hot holding temperatures on the food bars were good.
July 08, 2009 (Follow-up)
Discussed importance of handwashing, particularly when changing tasks, after using the restroom, and after touching face, hair, or clothing, or answering the phone. Remember that gloves are required when touching ready to eat foods; for the most part, for this establishement, would be when preparing and replenishing the salad bar.
July 02, 2009 (Critical Procedures)
- 0140 - Critical Repeat -Improper, or no handwashing procedures observed. -Employee observed washing hands (no soap used) in the same basin that he was preparing raw pork.-Only one kitchen worker washed his hands during inspection.
Food employees shall clean their hands and exposed portions of their arms immediately before engaging in food preparation including working with exposed food, clean equipment and utensils, and unwrapped single service and single use articles, and:1.After touching bare human body parts or hair2. After using the restroom.3. After coughing, sneezing, using a handkerchief or tissue, eating, or drinking.4.After handling soiled equipment or utensils.5. During food preparation as often as necessary to remove soil and contaminaation and to prevent cross contamination whien changing tasks.6. Before using gloves for working with foods.
- 0160 - Critical A food employee failed to wash his or her hands before engaging in food preparation, after touching bare human body parts, after coughing, sneezing, eating, after handling soiled utensils or after engaging in any activity which may have contaminated his/her hands.
Instruct food employees to clean their hands and exposed portions of their arms immediately before engaging in food preparation including working with exposed food, clean equipment and utensils, and unwrapped single-service and single-use articles and during food preparation, as often as necessary to remove soil and contamination and to prevent cross contamination when changing task.
- 0220 - Critical Repeat Employee observed drinking from an uncovered container in the food preparation area.
Employees may drink from a closed beverage container if the container is handled to prevent contamination of (1) The employee's hands, (2) The container, and (3) Exposed food, clean equipment, utensils, and linens, and unwrapped single-service and single-use articles.
Very minimal handwashing observed. Follow up to be done next week. I encourage you to train your employees when to wash their hands in accordance to the guidelines above.
March 30, 2009 (Routine)
- 0220 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Repeat Three employees eating food while sitting on buckets in the dry storage room, which is an area where they may contaminate food, clean equipment, utensils or other items needing protection. Also, several employees in the kitchen drinking from open containers while preparing food.
Provide a designated area where employees may eat so as not to contaminate exposed food, clean equipment, utensils, and linens, or unwrapped single-service and single-use articles, or other items needing protection. Also, provide cups with lids and straws for employees to drink from if drinking in kitchen area, or while cooking or servicing the buffet bars.
- 0470 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Observed several un-opened cans of food on storage shelving and on storage rack that are severely dented both on the rims and/or on the side seams.
Do not use cans of foods that are severely dented, or dented on the rims or side seams.
- 1320 - There was no temperature measuring device located in the Bev-Air glass door refrigerator, the Pepsi refrigerator, or the Frigidaire upright freezer..
Provide a temperature measuring device in all hot or cold holding equipment used to store potentially hazardous foods so that employees can routinely monitor the ambient air temperature.
Overall, establishment appeared clean and well organized. I encourage you to have your employees use metal stem food thermometers to daily monitor both your hot and cold holding temperatures on your buffets. Remember your hot and cold holding temperature requirements.......135 deg. f or above for hot held potentially hazardous foods (phfs), 41 deg. F. for the cold phfs.
December 29, 2008 (Critical Procedures)
- 0140 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Improper handwashing procedures observed. Employee using wiping clothes to wipe of hands instead of washing hands properly.
Ensure all food employees clean their hands and exposed portions of their arms with a cleaning compound in a lavatory by vigorously rubbing together the surfaces of their lathered hands and warms for at least 20 seconds and thoroughly rinsing with clean water.
- 0220 - Corrected During Inspection Critical In use open drinking containers stored in a manner that may contaminate food, food contact surfaces or utensils.
Employees may drink from a closed beverage container if the container is handled to prevent contamination of (1) The employee's hands (2) The container and (3) Exposed food clean equipment, utensils, and linens and unwrapped single-service and single-use articles.
- 1890 - Corrected During Inspection Critical The food-contact surfaces of the following equipment were not observed sanitized: slicer.
After cleaning and rinsing of the food-contact surface, the surface shall be effectively sanitized before coming in contact with food and before use. Recommend use of spray bottles with a chlorine sanitizer solution. (typical mix is one cap full of bleach to one gallon of water, same solution strength for the wiping cloth buckets.
- 2310 - Corrected During Inspection Critical The handwashing facility located at the back of the kitchen is blocked, preventing access by employees for easy handwashing.
Access to the handwashing facility identified above is to be available during all hours of operation. Remove the items preventing its use.
All items observed today discussed and set for immediate correction. Discussed proper use of wiping clothes and their storage. Observed prep/cooking at lunch rush. Discussed making sure employee's are washing there hands often enough and the importance of a good employee health program.
You can win $500 if you submit a qualified review to our sweepstakes!
Recently added reviews
|Joe's Cafe||Sterling, VA||
|Lucky Chinese Restaurant||Richmond, VA||
|Subway-Tyson's Corner||Vienna, VA||
|A Child's Place Learning & Day Care Center||Henrico, VA|
|Betty Lou Brown Child Development Center||Roanoke, VA|
|Starbucks Coffee #10417||Winchester, VA||
|Georgia's Subs & Deli||Lynchburg, VA||
|Mr. Noodle & Rice||Winchester, VA||
|Long John Silvers #31592||Vinton, VA||
Restaurants in neighborhood
Back to the top
Create your own business profile on city-data.com. It's completely free!
|Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses|
Back to Virginia Restaurants, Virginia, VA smaller cities, VA small cities, All Cities.
Based on public records. Inadvertent errors are possible.
City-Data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.
Some parts © 2015 Advameg, Inc.