August 20, 2009 (Follow-up)
This is a reinspection for the proper operability/temperature requirements of 3 of the cooks line refrigeration units. All units are maintaining temperatures of cold foods at 41 degrees or below. Chicken drawer 40 degrees. Cooked vegetables drawer 39 degrees.
August 17, 2009 (Risk Factor Assessment)
Violation: 0820 A 2 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Repeat Observed foods in/on the cooks line reach-in refrigeration units/drawers at 53 degrees and above (per general manager, he noticed the problem at 6:30 am this morning-coils were frozen). Time has exceeded 4 hours.
Do not use food products in these units (see temperature notations). Do not store any foods in these units until they have been repaired and units can maintain foods at 41 degrees or below. Foods were discarded.
May 14, 2009 (Risk Factor Assessment)
- 0160 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Observed female employee at the dishwashing station handling dirty dishes, then clean dishes.
Have one employee to load dirty dishes, then another to retrieve the clean or wash hands and put on a pair of gloves to pick up clean dishes or wash hands before handling clean dishes.
- 3045 - Observed the lack of a handwashing sign at the service area handsink (near pizza station).
Supply a handwashing sign at all handsinks used by foodservice personnel.
February 02, 2009 (Routine)
- 0470 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Observed the bar's ice used for consumption touching/mixed with bottles of products used for beverages.
Separate ice used for consumption from other product.
- 1770 A - Corrected During Inspection Critical Observed several stainless steel pans on the kitchen rack that have food debris within.
Clean the pans more thoroughly. Ensure cleanliness before storage.
- 0820 A 2 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Observed pans of buffalo chicken, barbeque chicken, and thai chicken at 48, 53 and 49 degrees (per manager, these have been on the unit since the night before).
Maintain cold foods at 41 degrees or below. Foods were discarded.
- 1960 - Observed several pans on the storage rack (dishmachine station) that are wet inside.
Do not "wet nest" pans; dry before storage.
- 1800 - Observed mold/residue on the metal interior baffle of the ice machine. Observed a dirty fountain gun holster.
Clean the debris from the baffle; protect the ice when doing so. Clean the holster.
August 11, 2008 (Risk Factor Assessment)
Violation: 0830 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Repeat Observed a container of cooked chicken breast in the walk-in vault with no date marking.
Supply date markings on all foods held for 24 hours or more.
April 09, 2008 (Routine)
- 0380 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Observed a badly dented can of crabmeat on the walk-in shelving.
Do not use this product. Separate dented cans from those that are used for consumption. Discarded.
- 0450 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Observed a styrofoam cup in the bulk container of salt in the rear.
Obtain scoopers with handles to dispense foods/avoid touching foods with hands.
- 0830 - Critical Observed container of Baja Mdeiterannean and Thai wraps in the low boy with no date markings. Observed an open/wrapped can of crab meat (manager did not know when it was opened) in the walk-in with no date marking.
Supply a date marking on foods that are prepared and kept for 24 hours or more.
- 1060 - Observed a broken bulk salt container top.
Replace the lid (on order).
- 1530 - Observed the lack of a chemical test kit on site.
Obtain/use the test kit for your sanitizer solutions.
- 2020 - Corrected During Inspection Observed clean utensils in the rack at waitress area without the handles being upward.
Invert all clean utensils, handles upward.
February 13, 2008 (Follow-up)
This visit is due to an alleged complaint in regards to no hot water at the male restroom sink. This problem has been abated.
May 03, 2007 (Critical Procedures)
Violation: 0220 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Employee drinks without lids were found in prep area.
Corrected by discarding.
February 05, 2007 (Routine)
- 2020 - Corrected During Inspection Observed server wrapping utensil touching the eating portion of the utensils.
Corrected by instructing employee not to touch eating surface.
- 2120 - Critical Found hot water at handsinks at 81 degrees.
One of the hot water tanks was not working, plumber called.
- 2740 - Corrected During Inspection Found food debris on the ground around dumpster.
Corrected by cleaning.
October 27, 2006 (Critical Procedures)
- 0340 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Repeat Sauces at 45-50 degrees.
Refrigeration unit adjusted. Sauce used immediately.
- 0700 - Critical Reheating soup at 153 degrees.
Return to stove to reach 165 degrees or higher.
Good glove use.
August 01, 2006 (Complaint)
Today's visit is due to complaint alleging a bandaid in a pizza. Visited the establishment and spoke with senior kitchen manager. The employee had a bandaid over a burn and did not put on a glove as is policy for California Pizza Kitchen. I have asked that senior kitchen manager go over the policy with every employee and have them sign a sheet saying that they understand. Environmental Health Manager spoke to the employee with senior kitchen manager translating. The employee said that he has been healthy. Senior kitchen manager will have a copy of employees signature for me in a week.
July 10, 2006 (Critical Procedures)
Violation: 0340 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Repeat Sauces 50 degrees on saute station. Dressing 60 degrees.
Products discarded. Discarded.
Excellent glove use.
April 04, 2006 (Routine)
- 1570 - Cracked lids on bulk containers and cracked containers.
- 1580 - Cutting board badly scored.
Smooth or replace.
Good glove use.
January 25, 2006 (Critical Procedures)
Violation: 0340 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Repeat Meat and seafood base sauce 50 degrees. Chicken 50 degrees.
Good glove use.
December 05, 2005 (Complaint)
Visit due to complaint alleging complainant in facility on 12/2/05 around 5 pm and observed foodhandlers in pasta and sandwich prep areas touching RTE foods with bare hands; asked waiter to advise manager on duty touching of foods; later still observed same behavior; found manager and discussed behavior. During inspection discussed complaint with General Manager and Senior Kitchen Manager. General Manager was aware of complaint. They will make sure pasta station which includes sandwich station where gloves when handling RTE foods.
October 19, 2005 (Critical Procedures)
- 0340 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Sauces at 50 degrees, shrimp at 49 degrees.
Discarded. Adjusted refrig unit.
- 0820 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Chicken at 127 degrees.
Proper glove use.
July 12, 2005 (Critical Procedures)
Violation: 0340 - Critical Sauces on prep unit at 52 degrees.
Ice down or discard.
Very good glove use.
April 11, 2005 (Follow-up)
Violation: 2350 ii - Repeat Overflow drain on clean side of dishmachine stopped up.
March 29, 2005 (Routine)
- 1900 - Critical Final rinse temp not consistently reaching 180 degrees.
Repair called in-wash at 3 compartment sink.
- 2350 ii - Overflow drain on clean side of dishmachine stopped up.
Good glove use.
January 04, 2005 (Critical Procedures)
Violation: 1890 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Booster heater not on and dishes being washed.
Turn on booster heater.
Very good glove use.
August 27, 2004 (Critical Procedures)
Violation: 0220 - Critical Worker observed drinking from open mug.
Consume liquids from cup with lid/straw.
April 19, 2004 (Routine)
Good glove use observed. Kitchen very clean and well organized.
September 26, 2003 (Routine)
- 1700 - Critical No sanitizer in third sink.
Sanitizer concentration must meet levels to be effective.
- 0610 - Containers of stock stacked on floor.
Food is to be stored off floor to prevent spoilage.
Based on public records. Inadvertent errors are possible.
City-Data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.
Some parts © 2014 Advameg, Inc.