Dairy Queen of Blacksburg, 3760 South Main Street, Blacksburg, VA - Restaurant inspection findings and violations
Back to Virginia Restaurants, Virginia, VA smaller cities, VA small cities, All Cities.
Restaurant: Dairy Queen of Blacksburg|
Address: 3760 South Main Street, Blacksburg, Virginia
Total inspections: 9
Last inspection: Oct 6, 2009
October 06, 2009 (Routine)
Facility observed during lunch.
Employees observed correctly handling food.
No violations observed during inspection.
August 26, 2008 (Routine)
Facility just finishing a busy lunch rush before inspection.
Overall facility organized.
Observations & Comments:
1) Facility has equipment that is not commerical grade (tupperware bowls, homestyle 4 burner range with oven etc). Please work to remove unused items from facility and elliminate noncommercial equipment.
2) Remember to wash hands after eating, smoking and changing tasks.
3) Please make sure all coolers have a thermometer that is working and easily accessable. Recommend establishing (if not already) a temperature log and regular intervals (meats, onions, chili, soft serve, and coolers.
March 21, 2007 (Routine)
- 2000 - Repeat Single service items observed unprotected from contamination. Unprotected disposable cups in drive thru area.
Store single service items in its original protective packaging or inverted in an approved dispenser.
- 2890 - Light bulb in walk-in cooler not shielded, coated, or otherwise shatter-resistent.
Shield or replace light bulb with a coated or shatter-resistant bulb.
Renewal application, $40 fee and copy of menu is due by 04/30/07. Ready to renew health permit.
Make sure all foods are stored off the floor at least 6 inches.
March 01, 2006 (Routine)
- 0610 - Food stored on the floor or food stored less than 6" above the floor in the walk-in freezer.
Elevate food storage onto approved shelving with minimum 6" legs or casters.
- 1510 - The person in charge could not provide an accurate food temperature measuring device.
Obtain at least one accurate food temperature measuring device so employees can properly monitor the temperature of food items in the establishment.
- 1570 - Unused or non-functioning equipment not removed from the premises.
Remove any unused or non-functioning equipment from the premises.
- 2000 - Disposable cups were observed stored unprotected at the drive thru area.
Store single service cups in the original protective package to protect from contamination until used.
- 3260 - Employees are not using the dressing rooms or lockers provided. Employee's coat stored in dry storage area.
Employees that regularly change their clothes in the establishment should use the dressing room or lockers provided.
- 3660 - Permit is not posted in a place where it is readily observable by the public.
Post the permit in a place where it is readily observable by the public transacting business with the establishment.
Renewal application, $40 fee and copy of menu due by 03/31/06. Manager passed the demonstration of knowledge exam.
May 27, 2005 (Complaint)
Notes- complaint not verified (see file); deli tissue, single-use gloves, & utensils were all available at time of inspection; discussed proper handwashing & food handling techniques with Person-in-Charge.
April 04, 2005 (Routine)
- 0830 - Critical The prepared ready-to-eat (RTE) cole slaw and slice cheese in the refrigeration unit is not properly dated for disposition.
Mark the name and ""consume by"" date on the container of RTE foods at the time of preparation if the food is to be held for more than 24 hours. If the food is held at 41F or below the food shall be served or sold within 7 calendar days or within 4 calendar days if held at 45F. Some harmful bacteria continue to grow even at refrigeration temperatures so limiting the amount of time in storage limits the amount of growth allowed for these bacteria. Correct immediately.
- 1060 - Repeat The nonfood contact surface of the wood shelving in the walk-in, below drink dispenser and in dry storage room is not corrosion resistant, nonabsorbent, and/or smooth.
Nonfood contact equipment that is exposed to splash, spillage, food soiling, or requires frequent cleaning must be smooth, durable, and nonabsorbent. Correct in 60 days.
- 1150 - The nonfood contact surface of the cinderblocks holding up shelving in walk-in freezer and the plastic crates is not designed or constructed to be easily cleanable.
Alter or replace this item to provide a surface that is free of unnecessary ledges, projections, and crevices. Correct in 30 days.
- 2020 - Plastic tableware were found handled, displayed or dispensed with the food or lip-contact surface facing in various directions.
Store @TABLEWARE@ with food or lip-contact surface facing in the same direction to prevent contamination prior to use. Correct in 5 days.
- 2660 - There is no cover to the feminine napkin refuse container in the ladies room stall.
Provide a cover to the feminine napkin refuse container in the ladies room stall. Correct in 7 days.
- 2930 - Outer opening of the food establishment is not protected against entry of insects and rodents. No self-closure on rear exit door.
Protect the food establishment against the entry of insects and rodents by 1. Filling or closing holes and other gaps along floors, walls, and ceilings, 2. Closed, tight fitting windows, and 3. Solid, self-closing, tight-fitting doors. Insects and rodents are vectors of disease-causing microorganisms which may be transmitted to humans by contamination of food and food-contact surfaces. Correct in 30 days.
$40 renewal fee, copy of current menu and renewal application are due by 4/30/05. Complaint was not confirmed, spoke with the manager on the complaint and of proper food handling procedures. Observed proper handwashing and food handling practices during inspection.
March 30, 2004 (Routine)
Follow-up conducted and critical violation from inspection dated 3/15/04 (violations 3330 and 3340) have been corrected.
March 15, 2004 (Routine)
- 3340 - Critical Containers of chemicals are not properly stored to prevent the contamination of food, equipment, utensils, linens or single service items. Chemicals are being stored on shelving with clean dishes and near food items in back area.
Containers of chemicals must be located in an area that is not above food, equipment, utensils, linens or single service items. Correct immediately.
- 3330 - Critical Spray bottles containing chemicals are not properly labeled.
Working containers of toxic items are to be properly labeled with contents. Identification of these containers with the common name of the material helps prevent the dangerous misuse of the contents. Correct immediately.
- 3140 - Area designated for employee to eat, drink, and use tobacco is located so that it does not protect food items from contamination. Drinks are being stored at the cake prep area and near the hamburger buns and stove.
Designate an area for employees to eat, drink and use tobacco away from food, equipment and single-service and single-use articles to protect them from contamination. Correct in 5 days.
- 2000 - Single service items observed unprotected from contamination. Single service was beinig stored on the floor in the dry storage area.
Store single service items inverted, in plastic, or in an approved dispenser. Correct in 10 days.
- 0610 - Food stored on the floor. Or Food stored less than 6" above the floor. Food is being stored on floor in walk-in refrigerator.
Elevate food storage onto approved shelving with minimum 6" legs or casters. Correct in 10 days.
- 1060 - The nonfood contact surface of the wood shelving in the dry storage area is not corrosion resistant, nonabsorbent, and/or smooth.
Nonfood contact equipment that is exposed to splash, spillage, food soiling, or requires frequent cleaning must be smooth, durable, and nonabsorbent. Seal the shelving in the dry storage area. Correct in 30 days.
- 3170 - Ceiling tiles is not maintained in good repair
Maintain physical facilities in good repair. Poor repair and maintenance compromises the functionality of the physical facilities. If tiles can not be cleaned they may need to be replaced with a smooth, nonabsorbant, cleanable type ceiling tile. Correct in 60 days.
- 1750 - Manufacturer containers were observed reused for the storage of food.
Discontinue the reuse of single-use containers for food storage. Provide approved reusable food storage containers designed for your food storage needs. Correct in 5 days.
- 1720 - There is no chemical sanitizing test kit present to ensure the chemical sanitizing solution used is at the proper concentration.
Obtain a chlorine chemical test kit to ensure the sanitizing solution is maintained at the proper solution. Correct in 5 days.
$40 renewal fee is due by 4/30/04. PIC passed the demonstration of knowledge test on 4/1/03.
April 01, 2003 (Routine)
- 3030 - No disposable towels were provided a the hand washing lavatory in the prep area
Hand drying devices such as individual disposable paper towels, a continuous towel system that supplies the user with a clean towel or heated air hand drying device must be provided at all hand washing lavatories to encourage proper hand washing and avoid employees to drying their hands on their clothing or other unclean materials. Correct in 24 hours
- 0220 - Critical Open drinking containers stored in a manner that may contaminate food, food contact surfaces or utensils.
Employees may drink from a closed beverage container if the container is handled to prevent contamination of (1) The employee's hands (2) The container and (3) Exposed food clean equipment, utensils, and linens and unwrapped single-service and single-use articles. Corrected during inspection
- 1770 - Observed accumulations of grime and debris on the following food contact surfaces: The gaskets in the prep refrigerator are badly soiled.
Clean and sanitize these surfaces for food contact.Correct iommediately
- 0450 - Critical Employees observed handling ready-to-eat (RTE) food with their bare hands. Employee washed but did not dry hands and prepared sandwich without first putting on gloves.
Provide suitable utensils such as deli tissue, spatulas, tongs, single-use gloves, or dispensing equipment to handle RTE food to prevent contamination from hands.
You can win $500 if you submit a qualified review to our sweepstakes!
Recently added reviews
|Starbucks Coffee #10417||Winchester, VA||
|Georgia's Subs & Deli||Lynchburg, VA||
|Mr. Noodle & Rice||Winchester, VA||
|Long John Silvers #31592||Vinton, VA||
|Tropical Smoothie Cafe #92||Mechanicsville, VA||
|Sonic #5552||Roanoke, VA||
|Mosby's Grille||Purcellville, VA|
|Pizza Hut #4511||Chesterfield, VA||
|Temple Farms Catering||Hampton, VA||
Restaurants in neighborhood
Back to the top
Create your own business profile on city-data.com. It's completely free!
|Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses|
Back to Virginia Restaurants, Virginia, VA smaller cities, VA small cities, All Cities.
Based on public records. Inadvertent errors are possible.
City-Data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.
Some parts © 2014 Advameg, Inc.