Dulles Discovery, 13900 Air & Space Museum Parkway, Chantilly, VA - Restaurant inspection findings and violations
Back to Virginia Restaurants, Virginia, VA smaller cities, VA small cities, All Cities.
Restaurant: Dulles Discovery|
Address: 13900 Air & Space Museum Parkway, Chantilly, Virginia
Total inspections: 7
Last inspection: Jun 23, 2009
June 23, 2009 (Critical Procedures)
Violation: 2-401.11(A) - Corrected During Inspection Critical Observed open cup of coffee in food preparation area.
Cover all drinks when consumed in the kitchen area.
This is a routine inspection.
November 21, 2008 (Routine)
- 3-501.16(A)(2)(a) - Critical Repeat Melons, cheese and milk in Milk pitchers were observed above 41 F.
Make sure these items are maintained at 41 F or less.
- 4-501.11(A) - A traulsen refrigerator for pizza dough was observed at 48 F.
Adjust unit to maintain food at 41 F
This is a ctitical procecures inspection where emphasis is on those items that most importantly may pose a risk to safe and sanitary food. Other items, of observed may not appear in the report but are brought to the food manager's attention for correction.
March 18, 2008 (Routine)
- 3-302.11(A)(2) - Corrected During Inspection Critical Different types of raw animal foods stored in such a manner that may cause cross contamination as follows: hamburger over fish in the walk-in freezer.
Raw animal foods shall be sorted by their "type" and cooking temperatures while in storage inside a refrigerator or freezer. For example, if using ONE shelving unit for storage of ONLY raw foods, the foods shall be sorted in this manner: 1) raw poultry (chicken, turkey, or duck) shall be stored on the BOTTOM shelf (165F cook temperature), 2) raw ground beef and ground pork shall be stored on the shelf above poultry (155F cook temperature), and 3) raw pork (chops, ribs), seafood, and shell eggs shall be stored on the top shelf above beef (145F cook temperature).
- 4-903.11(A) - Corrected During Inspection Clean utensils were found stored in dirty pans.
Cleaned equipment and utensils, laundered linens, and single-service items shall be stored in a clean, dry location where they are not exposed to splash, dust, or other contamination, and at least 6 inches off the floor on NSF approved shelving units or dunnage racks.
- 7-201.11(B) - Corrected During Inspection Critical Observed that poisonous and toxic material, bucket of sanitizer, is not properly stored to prevent the contamination of equipment. Pan on a shelf.
All poisonous and toxic materials shall be stored below food, equipment, utensils, linens, and single service items to prevent contamination.
This is a routine inspection. Kitchen closes at 2:00. Pest: mo; last,Feb. Hood: 6mos. Dish machine: Hobart, C-64A, 278gph, wash 169F, rinse 182F. 2-Water heaters: A O Smith, DVE 200! 8200 7500, 615gph. Quaternary ammonia sanitizing concentration in a bucket is 200ppm.
November 29, 2007 (Critical Procedures)
- 2-301.14(A)-(I) - Corrected During Inspection Critical A food employee failed to wash her hands before engaging in food preparation, after changing gloves between food prep.
ALL food employees shall be washing their hands OFTEN especially after handling trash, using the restroom, handling raw meats, handling soiled equipment and utensils, BEFORE putting on clean gloves, etc. Proper handwashing frequencies will aid in the reduction foodborne illness.
- 2-401.11(A) - Corrected During Inspection Critical Open drinking containers, cups with lids, stored in a manner that may contaminate food and food contact surfaces. On a shelf above food prep tables.
Food employees may have beverages in the kitchen areas as long as they are covered and consumed through a straw and stored in a manner that will prevent contamination to food, equipment, utensils, linens, and single service items.
- 3-302.11(A)(1) - Corrected During Inspection Critical Raw animal food, frozen beef, stored over ready-to-eat food, frozen egg rolls, in the walk-in freezer.
Raw foods like poultry, beef, pork, seafood, and eggs shall be stored properly inside refrigerators and freezers to prevent cross contamination. Raw foods shall be stored on shelving units BELOW or SEPARATED from all cooked foods, commercially processed foods, washed produce, leftover foods, etc.
- 3-501.16(A)(1) - Corrected During Inspection Critical The following food items were found hot holding at improper temperatures using a calibrated food temperature measuring device: in hot hold rice 116F, chicken 125F, and turkey 116F.
Potentially hazardous foods (time/temperature control for safety food) shall be hot held at a temperature of 135F or above unless the permit holder is using "time as public health control" as specified under 3-501.19. Reheated to 165F.
- 3-501.16(A)(2)(a) - Corrected During Inspection Critical Repeat The following food items were observed cold holding at improper temperatures using a calibrated food temperature measuring device: on cold holding line: sliced roast 50F, cut tomato 53F and chicken 55F.
Potentially hazardous foods (time/temperature control for safety food) shall be held cold at a temperature of 41F or below unless the permit holder is using "time as public health control" as specified under 3-501.19.Relocated to the quick-chiller.
- 3-501.17A - Corrected During Inspection Critical Observed that the prepared, ready-to-eat soups, casseroles, beans and pasta salads held in several walk-in refrigerators are not properly dated for disposition.
Prepared, ready-to-eat, potentially hazardous food held for longer than 24 hours in a refrigerator at 41F or less shall be marked to indicate the date or day by which the food shall be discarded or sold. Food shall not be held for longer than 7 days including the day of preparation.
- 3-501.18(A)(1)(2) - Corrected During Inspection Critical The following food prepared-on-site exceeds the 7 days allowed to hold before discarding: gravy and casseroles.
Food shall be discarded if it: 1)exceeds either of the temperature and time combinations as specified in 3-501.17(A), 2) is in a container or package that does not bear a date or day, or 3) is appropriately marked with a date or day that exceeds a temperature and time combination as specified in 3-501.17(A).
- 3-603.11(A) - Corrected During Inspection Critical A review of the menu with the foodservice operator indicates that there is no consumer advisory for the following food item that may be served raw and/or undercooked: eggs.
If an animal food such as beef, eggs, fish, lamb, milk, pork, poultry, or shellfish is served or sold raw or undercooked the permit holder shall inform consumers of the significantly increased risk of consuming such foods by way of a disclosure and reminder using brochures, deli case or menu advisories, label statements, table tents, placards, or other effective written means.Corrected
This is a critical procedures inspection. Kitchen closes at 2:00. Pest: mo; last, Oct. Hood: 6 mos. Dish machine: Hobart, C-64A, 278gph, wash 165F, rinse 183F. 2-Water heaters; AO Smith, DVE 200A 8200 7500, 150kw, 615gph. Quaternary ammonia sanitizing concentation in a bucket is 200ppm.
July 10, 2007 (Routine)
- 3-202.15 - Corrected During Inspection Critical noted one dented can of tomato sauce
return/discard dented cans
- 3-501.15(A)(1)-(7) -
- 3-501.15(B)(1)-(2) - potato salad, pasta salads were not cooled before putting on line
cool food prepared at room temepratur to 41f within four hours of preparation
- 3-501.16(A)(2)(a) - Corrected During Inspection Critical pizzas cold holding above 41f (note: door to refrigerator was not closed)
keep all cold potentially hazardous foods at 41f or lower
- 3-501.17(A)(1) - Corrected During Inspection Critical one package of lunch meat was not date labeled (note: all other foods were labeled)
label lunchmeat with opening date and expiration date, within 7 days.
- 4-204.112(A) - thermometers are in the back of refrigerators
move thermometers to the front of units
- 5-202.12(A) - Corrected During Inspection hot water turned off at deli hand sink
keep hot water at 100f at hand sink
- 6-301.12(A) - Corrected During Inspection no towels at hand sink
provide towels to all hand sink
- 6-501.16 - Corrected During Inspection wet mop was left in bucket
hand up mops to dry
- 7-102.11 - Corrected During Inspection Critical one unlabeled bottle of window cleaner
label all cleaners and other toxic
This is the first routine inspection of this new facility. Dishmachine is a high temp machine: Hobart C64-A. No Consumer Advisory required. Pest control, grease trap cleaning, etc under contract.
June 07, 2007 (Follow-up)
PREOPERATIONAL FINAL INSPECTION - FOLLOW UP
*Items listed on inspection report dated 06-04-07 have been corrected. We thank you. Permanent light fixtures have been ordered.
*Approval is hereby granted for the issuance of a food service permit. This inspection report shall serve as your permit until the official permit is obtained. No equipment additiona/replacement/changes are allowed without Health Department approval.
June 04, 2007 (Pre-Opening)
PREOPERATIONAL FINAL INSPECTION ON CONSTRUCTION AND EQUIPMENT
Final plumbing inspection has not been obtained.
Final mechanical inspection has not been obtained.
Ther is roof leak at the cake station.
Refrigeration display case at the cake station has an ambient temperature of 65 F degrees.
Walk-in refrigerator/freezer are not ready for inspection.
Mechanical dish washing machine is not ready for testing/inspection.
Light bulbs at several food preparation stations are not shielded and do not shatter resistant.
Caulking of the hood system by the grill area has not been completed.
Self-serve at Flav - R - Savor do not meet Code requirement. You may relocate the equipment to behind the counter or install approved food protectors/sneeze guards.
Finishes at Pandznis Station pizza oven have not been completed.
*Owner will schedule for a follow up Final inspection after completing the above listed items.
Recently added reviews
|Knockout Cheese Steak||Richmond, VA|
|Dominos Pizza (Thornburg)||Spotsylvania, VA||
|Rico Tacos El Primo||Charlottesville, VA||
|Menchville House Ministries||Newport News, VA||
|Burger King #12191||Dumfries, VA|
|Cajun Cafe & Grill||Woodbridge, VA||
|Taco Bell #22868||Norfolk, VA|
|Cul's Courthouse Grill||Charles City, VA|
|Wendy's Pilot||Colonial Heights, VA||
Restaurants in neighborhood
Back to the top
Create your own business profile on city-data.com. It's completely free!
|Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses|
Back to Virginia Restaurants, Virginia, VA smaller cities, VA small cities, All Cities.
Based on public records. Inadvertent errors are possible.
City-Data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.
Some parts © 2014 Advameg, Inc.