October 06, 2009 (Routine)
- 1770 A - Critical Repeat Dried food on slicer.
Clean and sanitize.
- 0820 A 2 - Critical 1. Raw chicken in the top of the refrigerated breading unit was 44-48 degrees. 2. Diced and sliced tomatoes were 68 degrees in the condiment refrigerated unit.
1. Corrected by putting in shallow metal pans. 2. Discard and use time control until unit is fixed.
- 0830 - Critical Food products that were cooked, cooled and bagged were not date labeled. These products are kept for more than 24 hours.
- 1320 - The thermometer in the salad refrigerator cannot be read.
Place so temperature can be read.
- 0550 - The ice scoop is buried under ice in the large ice bin on the server line.
- 3180 - Ceiling tiles dusty around vents. Handsink dirty in salad prep and floor dirty under mixer table.
- 2890 - Lights not shielded on salad and hot bar.
Provide shields or coated bulbs.
July 28, 2009 (Follow-up)
All violations corrected.
July 20, 2009 (Risk Factor Assessment)
- 0160 - Critical Dishwashing employee handled dirty dishes and then wiped his hands on a towel before handling clean dishes. This employee later went to sink to wash hands and did not use hot water or soap when washing hands.
Proper training on when and how to wash hands needs to be done with this employee.
- 1770 A - Critical Old food particles on slicer.
Clean and sanitize.
- 1890 - Critical No sanitizer was detected in 3 compartment sink.
Wash temperature must be 150 degrees. Sanitizer must be added to 3 compartment sink set up.
- 0820 A 2 - Critical Diced eggs and ham on the salad bar were 59 degrees. French toast mix was 59 degrees on grill line.
Temperature should be 41 degrees or less. Put ice under egg and ham pans and discard French toast mix after breakfast.
April 30, 2009 (Follow-up)
New procedure for cooling. No reduced oxygen packaging. Violations corrected.
April 17, 2009 (Risk Factor Assessment)
- 0820 A 2 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Hamburger and other meat in reach-in cooler were 45 degrees. Pasteurized eggs in breading unit were 50 degrees.
Pulled and put into walk-in. Eggs discarded.
- 0870 - Critical Repeat Vegetables, soups, and cheese are being cooled, put into bags, sealed, cooled and stored in walk-in. This is reduced oxygen packaging.
This establishment does not have a variance or meets our procedures. Discontinue this practice.
January 28, 2009 (Risk Factor Assessment)
- 1770 A - Corrected During Inspection Critical Slicer tray had dried food on it.
Corrected by cleaning after learning how to take it apart.
- 0930 - Critical Repeat Breakfast menu does not have the disclosure or reminder for the eggs which are cooked to order.
New menus are being done to correct this.
- 0870 - Critical Cooling is being done in plastic bags creating reduced oxygen packaging. These products are stored in walk-in cooler in the same closed bag.
There are not 2 barriers to control growth and toxin formation. Also, no variance has been approved for this method.
October 27, 2008 (Follow-up)
Cooling times and temperatures are being recorded. Dishmachine temperatures were good. Breading refrigerator <39 degrees in bottom. Still need to be corrected: handsink faucet to be fixed today; menu-new menu in a couple of weeks; gasket-to be ordered; dumpster-company called to replace dumpster.
October 21, 2008 (Routine)
- 3240 - Handsink dirty and hot water cut off due to a leak.
Clean and fix leak.
- 1900 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Dishmachine final rinse was 140 degrees.
Reset was pushed and final rinse went to >180 degrees.
- 0800 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Pork chops and cabbage that were prepared before 11 am were 62 degrees at 4 pm.
Cooling process was not followed due to freezer being out of service. Iced down and/or put into freezer.
- 0820 A 2 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Fish and chicken on breading refrigerator unit were 52 and 58 degrees.
Corrected by putting ice bags on them.
- 0930 - Critical Repeat Regular menu doesn't disclose undercooked proteins (hamburger and eggs).
- 1570 - Repeat Gasket torn on breading unit.
- 2730 - Repeat Dumpster plug missing.
Replace or change dumpster.
August 12, 2008 (Routine)
- 1900 - Corrected During Inspection Critical No sanitizer detected in sanitizer sink.
Corrected by adding bleach.
- 0930 - Critical Repeat On regular menu there isn't an asterisk. On the breakfast menu the disclosure and reminder are missing.
Identify the undercooked protein to the reminder statement. Provide information.
- 1570 - Gasket torn on refrigerator at end of cook line.
- 1100 - Critical Several lexan containers and covers are cracked and/or broken.
- 1770 C - Wire rack next to breading table was greasy.
- 2730 - Drain plug missing on dumpster.
- 3180 - Grill vents greasy.
Vegetables are being cooled in ice bath in tied plastic bags. These bags of vegetables are stored in walk-in and then reheat in the bag.
May 07, 2008 (Follow-up)
Violation: 0930 - Critical Repeat Menu did not disclose that eggs are cooked to order. The reminder did not include an asterisk.
Menus must be corrected.
#930 still not corrected.
May 05, 2008 (Routine)
- 0930 - Critical Menu did not disclose that eggs are cooked to order. The reminder did not include an asterisk.
Menus must be corrected.
- 1900 - Critical Final rinse on the high temperature dishmachine was<180 degrees.
Do not use until final rinse temperature is >180 degrees.
February 12, 2008 (Critical Procedures)
- 0160 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Employee was handling raw chicken and did not wash hands before putting on gloves.
Corrected by having employee remove gloves and wash hands.
- 0800 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Pork chops were found cooling in stacked tightly covered pans at 86 degrees. Also, greens that had been cooled were still above 70 degrees.
Products cooled rapidly.
- 0820 A 2 - Critical Cottage cheese and several other products were 50 degrees. Walk-in cooler not working.
- 0830 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Pork chops were not date labeled.
Corrected by labeling.
November 20, 2007 (Critical Procedures)
- 0470 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Raw pork stored above soups and vegetables.
Corrected by moving pork.
- 0820 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Salad bar items 46-48 degrees, chicken on breading station 57 and walk-in items 43-47 degrees. Maintain at 41 degrees or less.
Items pulled or iced.
August 27, 2007 (Routine)
- 0140 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Dishmachine employee did not use soap when washing hands.
Corrected by instructing to use soap.
- 0160 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Employee did not wash hands between dirty dishes and removing clean dishes.
Corrected by instructing on proper procedure.
- 0220 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Open employee drink on prep table.
Drinks must have lids and straw. Discarded.
- 0570 - Corrected During Inspection Wet wiping cloths on prep tables.
Corrected by putting into sanitizer buckets.
- 0820 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Chicken and hamburger in low boy were 50-51 degrees. Milk in dispenser was 45 degrees.
Products were pulled and put in walk-in.
- 1570 - Corrected During Inspection Ice bucket was repaired with duct tape.
- 2260 - Critical No backflow preventer on hose in dish cleaning area.
- 3340 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Fry pot cleaner stored above grill.
June 29, 2007 (Complaint)
Today's visit is due to a complaint concerning glass in the mashed potatoes; complainant was at restaurant on 6/24/07 around 4:15 p.m. The manager still has the piece of material which looks like a piece of lexan. Manager will go through the pans and discard those in bad shape.
June 04, 2007 (Critical Procedures)
- 0380 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Observed a badly dented can of jalapeno peppers on the rear storage rack.
Remove the can; do not use the food product. Discarded.
- 0830 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Observed the temperatures taken of the chicken in the drawer registered 55 degrees, salmon registered 64 degrees, ground beef 55 degrees.
Discard these food products; temperature should register 41 degrees or below. Discarded.
February 14, 2007 (Complaint)
Visited the site in regards to an alleged complaint about a roach being seen on a wall on 2/13/07. I conferred with manager who was aware of the complaint. Manager called PCO immediately and the site was serviced.
February 14, 2007 (Critical Procedures)
Violation: 0820 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Observed the temperature of the fried chicken on the buffet line was 112 degrees (per manager it has been on the line about 40 minutes).
Reheat to 165 degrees for at least 15 seconds within 2 hours. Decrease the amount of food product in the pan to maintain proepr temperature.
October 23, 2006 (Routine)
- 0470 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Observed foods in the walk in freezer/cooks line with no cover/lid. Observed a lexan container of raw onions stored adjacent to boxes of raw chicken.
Provide a cover/lid on all foods. Store raw meats below cooked foods/produce.Store raw meats below cooked foods/produce.
- 0550 - Corrected During Inspection Observed the ice scooper atop the bulk ice machine.
Store the scooper directly in the ice with the handle upward or on a clean, sanitized surface.
- 0610 - Corrected During Inspection Observed boxes of foods on the walk in freezers flooring.
Store all foods at least 6" off of flooring.
- 1190 - Observed a lack of operable thermometers in the cooks line meat drawers.
Provide a thermometer in all refrigeration units.
- 1570 - Observed torn refrigeration door gaskets to the 2 door reach in (cooks line and the cooks line chicken reach in).
Replace the torn gaskets.
- 3045 - Observed the lack of a handwashing sign in the female restroom.
Provide a handwashing sign at all sinks (handwashing used by foodservice personnel).
Recommendation: observed the nailbrush at kitchen handsink hanging freely from a chain. Corrective action-store the nail brush in a sanitizing solution in between uses.
February 28, 2006 (Complaint)
Henrico Health Dept received a complaint in form of letter undated but referencing a visit to this facility on 2/25/06. During inspection spoke with manager on duty and general manager. No evidence of described deficiencies-touching foods, improper food temps, lack of gloves where required, dirty floors. Found bar temps and sauteed mushrooms >186 degrees, scrambled eggs >149 degrees, white gravy >156 degrees. Food handlers observed wearing gloves and changing as required. Discussed company policy regarding boxing left over food and holding for customer at check out. Find no conflicts with these practices and food regulations. Note; customer identified self as "health inspector consultant" and asserted could make inspection.
February 02, 2006 (Critical Procedures)
- 0340 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Reach in refrig used to hold salad bar items at 43 degrees. Many items in refrig above 42 degrees.
Corrected by adjusting thermostat. Continue to monitor.
- 0470 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Raw fish and shell eggs stored over RTE foods.
Corrected by moving to bottom shelf.
- 0820 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Several items on cold bar too warm; potato salad 50 degrees, macaroni salad 48 degrees, cantelope 45 degrees.
Corrected by placing on ice baths. Need to adjust cold bar to hold proper temp.
- 0850 - Corrected During Inspection Critical Baked potatoes being held at room temp. Raw chicken wings on prep table at 51 degrees.
Corrected by moving both items to refrig.
Good glove use observed.
January 19, 2006 (Complaint)
Complaint investigation states complainant in facility 1/18/06 at 8:05 p.m.-alleges received pork chops from food bar that seemed to be at room temp. Manager states were very busy, could not keep up with demand for pork chops, consequently, pork chops were taken directly from oven to food bar without interim hot holding. Managers states pork chops are cooked on grill (>145 degrees), then cooled, held, combined with gravy and onions, then reheated in oven to 145 degrees. Demand/turnover was rapid, therefore no chance for product to cool off. Possibly one pan pulled from oven prio to being thoroughly reheated. This product should be reheated to >165 prior to service.
September 27, 2005 (Routine)
- 2720 - Top dumpster lid open.
- 3030 - Corrected During Inspection No towels at handsink near rear door.
Provide at all times.
Dishmachine final rinse satisfactory via thermolabel. Good glove use observed. Good cooling practices observed.
April 28, 2005 (Complaint)
Investigation of complaing alleging that on 4/26/05 found 1/4" piece of glass in baked potato. Spoke with manager on duty who states customer served self whole, uncut baked potato from buffet, butter was also on buffet, sour cream came from refrig at wait station. Most likely explanantion-broken sundae glass stored in refrig unit above cups of sour cream. Unknown how glass might have gotten into whole, intact baked potato. No evidence of broken glass at buffet (sneeze guards or bulbs). Manager has changed storage of sundae glasses to be below sour cream and thoroughly cleaned refrig.
April 22, 2005 (Critical Procedures)
Violation: 0220 - Critical Open drink glass (tea?) on prep table.
No open beverages in prep area.
Good glove use observed.
January 20, 2005 (Complaint)
Investigation of complaint alleging soup well lid fell into food product then retrieved by worker's hands. Spoke with General Manager and advised him against such practices. Advised to confer with staff about using tongs to retrieve lids, etc, discarding soup, etc.
October 28, 2004 (Follow-up)
All violations cited upon previous inspection have been successfully corrected. Observed good handwash practice, good glove use, good cooling practices, all food temps on food bar and on line were satisfactory.
September 14, 2004 (Routine)
- 0450 - Critical Employee dipping cups into ice to fill.
Use ice scoop to fill cups.
- 0480 - Repeat Bulk containers (breaders) with no label.
Maintain accurate labels on all bulk containers.
- 0550 - Dipper well without running water.
Maintain running water to dipper well.
- 0800 - Critical Failure to safely/correctly handle/cool cooked foods.
Discard white gravy and rapidly cool beans to<41 degrees before returning to walk in refrig. Corrected.
- 0830 - Critical Prepared foods in walk in lacking label and/or date. (eg. breakfast casserole, lima beans, sausage, etc).
Place label-ate on all prepared foods.
- 1510 - No probe thermometer available to cook on line.
- 2720 - Repeat Dumpster lids open.
- 3030 - No towels at handsink in rear of kitchen.
Maintain towels at handsinks at all times.
- 3045 - Repeat No handwash signs at several handsinks.
Good temp control/knowledge for cooking and hot holding. Good glove use and practices observed.
Based on public records. Inadvertent errors are possible.
City-Data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.
Some parts © 2014 Advameg, Inc.