U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Old

Florida Flood Insurance & Flood Zone Info

Posted 01-04-2010 at 02:29 PM by SoFLGal
Updated 04-21-2014 at 10:13 PM by SoFLGal

Changes have been made for all communities in the Florida and remapping projects a still in the progress.

When you hear that all of Florida is in a flood zone, this is correct but a misinformed statement. Depending on the area 50% to 80% flood zones are is in a special flood hazard area (SFHA), where the mortgage companies will require flood insurance. The other 20% to 50% is in the flood zone B, C and X where the flood insurance can be purchased but is a choice of the property owners....
Broker and SW FL Native
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1612 Comments 0 SoFLGal is offline
Old

Looking for a rental in the area?

Posted 01-02-2010 at 09:34 AM by SoFLGal
Updated 03-29-2011 at 09:29 PM by SoFLGal

You might want to do some reading in the Sarasota/Bradenton sub form. There's tons of talk about good, bad and in between neighborhoods. Anywhere west of US 41 is going to be very pretty, quaint, etc. You really can't go wrong with that area.

The only problem with the keys in the winter time is that they jack up the rent when the snowbirds come to town. So, you're going to be paying a lot more until after Easter unless you find someone that will rent to you annually.

...
Broker and SW FL Native
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 929 Comments 0 SoFLGal is offline
Old

Questions to ask when buying a condo

Posted 12-28-2009 at 10:07 PM by SoFLGal
Updated 03-07-2010 at 11:54 AM by SoFLGal

High levels of foreclosures are causing all sorts of problems for condo associations, which are having to slash costs and amenities and often impose assessments on solvent owners to maintain deteriorating infrastructure.

Condo buyers need to find out as much as they can about complexes before they plunk down cash.

I suggested asking the following questions:
• How much money has the complex put into reserves to deal with future infrastructure needs?
•...
Broker and SW FL Native
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4458 Comments 0 SoFLGal is offline
Old

Siesta, Longboat, Lido and Manasota Keys from a natives view

Posted 12-09-2009 at 12:27 PM by SoFLGal

Most of the keys in the area are pretty neat and everyone has a different feel.

In my opinion, Siesta Key has the youngest vibe. Probably due to the handful of bars and several restaurants in the village that seem to draw the younger crowd. Most of the bands that play out at the Siesta bars seemed to be geared more for the younger crowd as well.

Longboat always had more of an old money feel to me. There really is no downtown area on Longboat either, unless you consider...
Broker and SW FL Native
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1025 Comments 0 SoFLGal is offline
Old
Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Sarasota and Charlotte county Florida flood zones

Posted 12-09-2009 at 12:25 PM by SoFLGal

The flood zones change throughout Sarasota. Generally speaking, the closer you are to water the more likely you are to be in a flood zone. Here's a link to the FEMA flood maps. You can just punch in an address and come up with the flood zone. FEMA Map Service Center -

I always like to double check the zones with the insurance companies but I've had some that aren't experienced in quoting flood rates give me incorrect info. The above website is where they would be pulling their info...
Broker and SW FL Native
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10105 Comments 0 SoFLGal is offline

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:20 AM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top