Lake City, Colorado
Lake City: Church
Lake City: Church
Lake City: Log House
Lake City: Church
Lake City: Store Front
Lake City: First National Bank
Lake City: Lake City, Public Library, August 2008
Lake City: River near Lake City, August 2008
Lake City: Lake City Firestation
Submit your own pictures of this town and show them to the world
Population change since 2000: +5.1%
|Median resident age:||52.2 years|
|Colorado median age:||37.1 years|
Zip codes: 81235.
Estimated per capita income in 2019: $33,722 (it was $23,392 in 2000)
Lake City town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2019: $383,106 (it was $225,000 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2019: all housing units: $509,566; detached houses: $501,653
Median gross rent in 2019: $812.
(8.3% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 38.7% for Hispanic or Latino residents)
- 37884.6%White alone
- 194.3%Two or more races
- 112.5%American Indian alone
- 40.9%Asian alone
According to our research of Colorado and other state lists, there was 1 registered sex offender living in Lake City, Colorado as of June 18, 2021.
The ratio of all residents to sex offenders in Lake City is 425 to 1.
The ratio of registered sex offenders to all residents in this city is near the state average.
|Official 2018-2019 Colorado Winter and Snow Thread (190 replies)|
|Lake City, Colorado (31 replies)|
|Is Pueblo that bad? (50 replies)|
|Escaping California's Dysfunctional Dystopia (76 replies)|
|Any transplants considering elsewhere because front range is too crowded (252 replies)|
|Considering a Move from Rural Texas to Denver - Need Input (31 replies)|
Latest news from Lake City, CO collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (25.2%), Irish (11.2%), Scottish (10.7%), German (9.7%), French (4.4%), Iraqi (1.5%).
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Elevation: 8658 feet
Land area: 0.84 square miles.
Population density: 470 people per square mile(low).
12 residents are foreign born (0.7% Europe, 0.4% Asia).
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2019: $1,319 (0.4%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2019: $1,661 (0.4%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Pueblo, CO (147.3 miles , pop. 102,121).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Colorado Springs, CO (148.1 miles , pop. 360,890).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (410.4 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Latitude: 38.03 N, Longitude: 107.31 W
Area code: 970
- Construction (21.5%)
- Accommodation & food services (17.3%)
- Used merchandise, gift, novelty, souvenir, other miscellaneous stores (6.5%)
- Real estate & rental & leasing (6.5%)
- Administrative & support & waste management services (5.1%)
- Professional, scientific, technical services (5.1%)
- Building material & garden equipment & supplies dealers (5.1%)
- Construction (34.1%)
- Accommodation & food services (12.7%)
- Building material & garden equipment & supplies dealers (6.3%)
- Professional, scientific, technical services (6.3%)
- Sporting goods, camera, hobby & toy stores (4.8%)
- Real estate & rental & leasing (4.8%)
- Administrative & support & waste management services (4.8%)
- Accommodation & food services (23.9%)
- Used merchandise, gift, novelty, souvenir, other miscellaneous stores (13.6%)
- Real estate & rental & leasing (9.1%)
- Finance & insurance (6.8%)
- Administrative & support & waste management services (5.7%)
- Health care (4.5%)
- Department & other general merchandise stores (3.4%)
- Other sales and related occupations, including supervisors (11.7%)
- Other management occupations, except farmers and farm managers (9.3%)
- Carpenters (6.1%)
- Retail sales workers, except cashiers (5.6%)
- Construction traders workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (5.1%)
- Computer specialists (4.2%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (3.7%)
- Other management occupations, except farmers and farm managers (10.3%)
- Carpenters (10.3%)
- Construction traders workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (8.7%)
- Computer specialists (7.1%)
- Other sales and related occupations, including supervisors (6.3%)
- Construction laborers (5.6%)
- Supervisors, construction and extraction workers (5.6%)
- Other sales and related occupations, including supervisors (19.3%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (9.1%)
- Food and beverage serving workers, except waiters and waitresses (8.0%)
- Other management occupations, except farmers and farm managers (8.0%)
- Retail sales workers, except cashiers (6.8%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (6.8%)
- Other healthcare support occupations (4.5%)
Average climate in Lake City, Colorado
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Lake City-area historical earthquake activity is significantly above Colorado state average. It is 1105% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 484.1 miles away from Lake City center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 8/23/2011 at 05:46:18, a magnitude 5.3 (5.3 MW, Depth: 2.5 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 158.1 miles away from the city center
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 571.3 miles away from Lake City center
On 6/28/1992 at 11:57:34, a magnitude 7.6 (6.2 MB, 7.6 MS, 7.3 MW, Depth: 0.7 mi) earthquake occurred 579.5 miles away from the city center, causing 3 deaths (1 shaking deaths, 2 other deaths) and 400 injuries, causing $100,000,000 total damage and $40,000,000 insured losses
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 537.6 miles away from Lake City center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 9/13/1994 at 06:01:23, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 ML, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 37.1 miles away from Lake City center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Hinsdale County (7) is smaller than the US average (15).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Landslides: 2, Drought: 1, Fire: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Airports located in Lake City:
- Castle Lakes Airport (CD32) (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lake City:
- Western State Colorado University (about 42 miles; Gunnison, CO; Full-time enrollment: 2,023)
- Fort Lewis College (about 61 miles; Durango, CO; FT enrollment: 3,631)
- Adams State University (about 88 miles; Alamosa, CO; FT enrollment: 2,805)
- Colorado Mesa University (about 99 miles; Grand Junction, CO; FT enrollment: 7,671)
- San Juan College (about 99 miles; Farmington, NM; FT enrollment: 5,112)
- Colorado Mountain College (about 105 miles; Glenwood Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 3,463)
- Pikes Peak Community College (about 146 miles; Colorado Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 10,395)
Public high school in Lake City:
- LAKE CITY COMMUNITY SCHOOL (Students: 96, Location: 614 NORTH SILVER STREET, Grades: PK-12)
Points of interest:
Notable locations in Lake City: Hinsdale County Emergency Medical Service (A), Lake City Volunteer Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creek: Henson Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attractions: Hinsdale County Museum (130 North Silver), Combined Court Clerk (Recreation Areas; 0327 North Henson).
Hotels: Alpine Moose Lodge (1221 North Highway 149), Benvenuto John A (301 Gunnison Avenue), Crystal Lodge (South Highway 149 South), Lake City Resort (307 South Gunnison Avenue).
Court: Colorado State Government - Courts- Hinsdale County Combined Court- County & District Court- (300 Henson).
Birthplace of: C. Jasper Bell - Politician.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Lake City and their reported violations in the past:LAKE CITY TOWN OF (Population served: 408, Groundwater under infl of surface water):
Past monitoring violations:VICKERS RANCH (Population served: 100, Groundwater):
- One routine major monitoring violation
- 6 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:WOODLAKE PARK (Population served: 81, Groundwater):
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
- 3 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:
- One routine major monitoring violation
|This town:||2.1 people|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 1.0% of all households
Banks with branches in Lake City (2011 data):
- Pine River Valley Bank: Lake City Branch at 231 Silver Street, branch established on 2007/04/02. Info updated 2007/06/01: Bank assets: $145.2 mil, Deposits: $129.7 mil, headquarters in Bayfield, CO, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Pine River Bank Corp.
For population 15 years and over in Lake City:
- Never married: 10.9%
- Now married: 67.6%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 6.8%
- Divorced: 14.7%
For population 25 years and over in Lake City:
- High school or higher: 92.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 43.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 13.5%
- Unemployed: 0.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 16.6 minutes
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Lake City, CO (based on Hinsdale County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|This county:||11.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Colorado:||1.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||23.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hinsdale County:||71.26 / 10,000 pop.|
|Colorado:||8.99 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Lake City, CO Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2017)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Parks and Recreation||1||$3,891||$46,692||3||$1,920|
|Streets and Highways||1||$6,455||$77,460||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||4||$19,417||$58,251||3||$1,920|
Lake City government finances - Expenditure in 2017 (per resident):
- Intergovernmental to Local - Other - Police Protection: $60,000 ($152.28)
Other - Regular Highways: $23,000 ($58.38)
Other - Judicial and Legal Services: $2,000 ($5.08)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $130,000 ($329.95)
Lake City government finances - Revenue in 2017 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $251,000 ($637.06)
Parks and Recreation: $14,000 ($35.53)
- Local Intergovernmental - Highways: $3,000 ($7.61)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $324,000 ($822.34)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $33,000 ($83.76)
Other: $7,000 ($17.77)
General Local Government Support: $1,000 ($2.54)
- Tax - General Sales and Gross Receipts: $323,000 ($819.80)
Property: $70,000 ($177.66)
Alcoholic Beverage License: $3,000 ($7.61)
Motor Vehicle License: $1,000 ($2.54)
10 or fewer of this county's residents relocated from other counties between 2015 and 2016.
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2015 and 2016.
Strongest AM radio stations in Lake City:
- KNZZ (1100 AM; 50 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: M B C GRAND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KUBC (580 AM; 5 kW; MONTROSE, CO; Owner: WOODLAND COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- KTNN (660 AM; 50 kW; WINDOW ROCK, AZ; Owner: THE NAVAJO NATION)
- KKOB (770 AM; 50 kW; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KIUP (930 AM; 5 kW; DURANGO, CO; Owner: FOUR CORNERS BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KJOL (620 AM; 10 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: UNITED MINISTRIES)
- KMXA (1090 AM; 50 kW; AURORA, CO; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KHAC (880 AM; 43 kW; TSE BONITO, NM; Owner: WESTERN INDIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- KLMO (1060 AM; 30 kW; LONGMONT, CO; Owner: PILGRIM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KAVP (1450 AM; 1 kW; COLONA, CO; Owner: WS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lake City:
- K209CC (89.7 FM; LAKE CITY, CO; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KKXK (94.1 FM; MONTROSE, CO; Owner: WOODLAND COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- KWGL (105.7 FM; OURAY, CO; Owner: WS COMMUNICATIONS, L.L.C.)
- KOTO (91.7 FM; TELLURIDE, CO; Owner: SAN MIGUEL EDUCATIONAL FUND, INC.)
- KPRH (88.3 FM; MONTROSE, CO; Owner: PUBLIC BROADCASTING OF COLORADO INC)
- KBNG (103.7 FM; RIDGWAY, CO; Owner: WOODLAND COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- KIQX (101.3 FM; DURANGO, CO; Owner: FOUR CORNERS BROADCASTINGS, LLC)
- KUTE (90.1 FM; IGNACIO, CO; Owner: KUTE, INC.)
- K210BA (89.9 FM; PURGATORY, ETC., CO; Owner: KUTE, INC.)
- KRSJ (100.5 FM; DURANGO, CO; Owner: FOUR CORNERS BROADCASTING, LLC)
- K204BR (88.7 FM; LAKE CITY, CO; Owner: NORTH FORK VALLEY PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- KVMT (89.1 FM; MONTROSE, CO; Owner: NORTH FORK VALLEY PUBLIC RADIO, INC)
- K232DA (94.3 FM; HESPERUS, CO; Owner: NATIVE AMERICAN CHRISTIAN VOICE, INC.)
- K237CR (95.3 FM; HESPERUS, CO; Owner: NATIVE AMERICAN CHRISTIAN VOICE, INC.)
- KRYD (104.9 FM; NORWOOD, CO; Owner: ROCKY III INVESTMENTS, INC.)
- K228CG (93.5 FM; LAKE CITY, ETC., CO; Owner: PASSWORD, INC)
- K292AK (106.3 FM; LAKE CITY, CO; Owner: HINSDALE CTY. CHAMBER OF COMMERCE)
TV broadcast stations around Lake City:
- K10EA (Channel 10; LAKE CITY, CO; Owner: HINSDALE COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE)
- K04HG (Channel 4; LAKE CITY, CO; Owner: HINSDALE COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE)
- K12KV (Channel 12; LAKE CITY, CO; Owner: HINSDALE COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE)
- K08GV (Channel 8; LAKE CITY, CO; Owner: HINSDALE COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE)
Lake City fatal accident list:
Feb 10, 2002 09:00 AM, Cinnamon Pass Rd, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 4Number of bridges
- 30ft / 8.9mTotal length
- $775,000Total costs
- 3,370Total average daily traffic
- 198Total average daily truck traffic
- 5,353Total future (year 2031) average daily traffic
|Most common first names in Lake City, CO among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Lake City, CO among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Lake City compared to Colorado state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Lake City on our top lists:
- #29 on the list of "Top 100 highest located cities"
- #8 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000"
- #9 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000"
- #42 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest total withdrawal of fresh water for public supply"
- #69 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents relocating to other counties in 2011"
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2021.