View Single Post

Old 07-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Blackbeauty212

5,802 posts, read 9,912,968 times

Advertisements

Kid Philly -

the Art Museum sits below Spring Garden and east of the River so it is Center City, the others are not, however some Real Estate brokers, and wannbe trendies, will say that NL is Center City but their crazy its not.

Areas like Squirrel Hill, Shadyside, Bloomfield etc are very Transient Neighborhood people come and go all the time....and Pittsburgh is not as closed off as Philly....meaning Pittsburgh'er will transverse from any neighborhood to any neighborhood because the city is small in milage...A North Side resident has no problem with going to Shadyside to have lunch with a friend...Philadelphia the common place is again Center City outside of that most people in Philly stick to their neighborhood for mostly everything...You can get almost anywhere in Pittsburgh within 30mins its that manageable, which is why Downtown is not the center piece of the city its the neighborhoods....Pittsburgh is truly a city of neighborhoods...

Look Philly and Pittsburgh will NEVER out do one another these cities almost move in Lock-step (they lost Poplulation together, they're recovering together) why is this, because of the great state of PA wont allow it...In this present day neither city is getting more attention from PA than the other..even with Rendell as GOV Pittsburgh and Philly got equal share....but both are getting more attention than anywhere else in PA and rightfully so as they're PA's economic engines...

I'm not a Philly Hate, I'm truly not, I love Philly for what it is, I love Center City its the best downtown in my book, but I also love the Burgh the same way, I love how neighborhoods are so lively and vibrant like a Center City....and I'm not going let people bash one for the other when facts told its simply not true...Like our friend Rainrock likes to think. I've always said the 2 cities are more alike than they are different I've always said this in the Philly forum and in the Burgh forums...How can I say this and Hate one but love the other.

Torresdale - You ask and shall recieve, I would also appreciate some Philly neighborhood (including Center City) pics...so people can see these two Powerhouse PA cities once and for all.

Downtown Pittsburgh

The Cultural District - Penn Av - Pittsburgh's Broad St/Ave of Arts

Last edited by Blackbeauty212; 07-08-2010 at 09:58 AM..