Thread: rochester
View Single Post

Old 11-04-2006, 01:06 PM
VITAMINKA

9 posts, read 30,261 times
I was thinking about relocating to the Rochester at some point, because of it's so much cheaper real estate comparing to NYC, BUT... Be careful, when you are picking your neighborhood. Make sure it is at least farther than 5 mile radius from Kodak Park, since pollution from Kodak is the most toxic out of all known toxins. ( DIOXIN) There is a studies that were condacted and reported that increased incidence of pancreatic cancer in women noted who lived for 5+ years in 5 miles radius of Kodak Park, as well as there was a cluster of children who died from Central nervous system cancers. And all of them used to live in 2-3 miles radius from Kodak.
All of the ground waters are poisoned around Rochester area and unsafe, so drinking water is provided from somewhere else. ( I do not recall exactly) Monroe county is on one of the first places on the list of NYS counties with highest cancer incidence rate.
I have nothing against Rochester in general, and I think this city would be perfect if I would not find all this information while doing my getting ready to relocate research.
Check out enviromental websites for more information . I think that it is also very important part of the research when thinking about relocating. It maybe a cheap house for few years, but when you get sick you would wish you would just rented in some other area with better environment.
Good luck!