View Single Post

Old 08-09-2010, 11:27 PM
PITTSTON2SARASOTA

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
I just want to add that as an openly gay male in a 27 year plus relationship....I take great offense at some of these hateful/sanctimonious posts. This issue affects me directly and I simply want the same and equal rights that heterosexual couples enjoy. NOTHING MORE BUT NOTHING LESS!!!!

I work....I pay taxes... I love....I bleed.....I have feelings.....I'm just like you...I have all the same frailities and desires/ambitions. For some reason "your God" has made me romantically/sexually attracted to men.

If you would allow us to live/love in peace with dignity, we can all set our goals on making this a better world; instead of wasting time and energy hating and fighting. So much of my life was wasted being terrified of violence and prejudice against me...that is JUST NOT RIGHT. We gay people could accomplish so much more for our society if we did not have to constantly look over our shoulders defending ourselves from physical and verbal attacks.

WE are NO threat to you or your marriages.....IN FACT we are MOSTLY a PRODUCT OF YOUR MARRIAGES; time to work together for a common good....let your God, who by the way, made me gay, do the judging and let's get on with our lives. Find cures for disease and famine and STOP HATING people you do not even know.

You would think "us gays"....who have everything to lose in these debates/threads would post the most and be the most vocal here. If you count posts you can see which group has the most posts and you should be ashamed of yourselves for you seem to thrive on hatred. PLEASE stop....so many young gay people commit suicide....among teenagers gay people commit suicide most often. Why do you think that is true....think about it; for their deaths are on your hands/conscious. I too nearly killed myself in the seventies because I could no longer endure the hatred and stigmatism because I was brought up Roman Catholic.

Do you really believe that your God wants you to act in this mean/hateful fashion???? LOVE is the ANSWER not HATRED. Leave us be...I grow weary of hating...you hate me/the "sin"...I respond by hating you....what's the point....where does this get any of us. Another day older and none of mankind's problems solved. Let us work together in friendship/peace and not fight with mean and hurtful words. AMEN.

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 08-10-2010 at 12:32 AM..