Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 05:02 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,822,015 times

Advertisements

After watching her (borrowed) kumbaya moment at the end of the debate the other night,

YouTube - Hillary Clinton Borrows Edwards Finishing Line

I felt all warm and fuzzy inside, rose to might feet and cheered.

But then I saw this:

YouTube - Hillary to Obama - Shame On You

Is she bipolar?

Old 02-24-2008, 05:05 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,257,421 times
Could be...(not making light of those people who really do have bi-polar)...most likely she is just very spoiled and used to manipulating people to get her own way.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:09 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,048,994 times
Oh, you have GOT to be kidding. This is a new low and, YES, it does trivialize what is a very serious mental condition. My former husband was bi-polar and he couldn't hold down a job or function well in relationships. You people are SHAMELESS.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Oh, you have GOT to be kidding. This is a new low and, YES, it does trivialize what is a very serious mental condition. My former husband was bi-polar and he couldn't hold down a job or function well in relationships. You people are SHAMELESS.
Former husband here, also...which is why I said what I did about those people who really are struggling with this disorder.

I think the OP was trying to point out how WIDE a swing...180 degrees...Hillary made between her "sweetness and light" (reminded me of my granny) comments at the debate and then her vitriolic attack on Senator Obama yesterday.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
Former husband here, also...which is why I said what I did about those people who really are struggling with this disorder.

I think the OP was trying to point out how WIDE a swing...180 degrees...Hillary made between her "sweetness and light" (reminded me of my granny) comments at the debate and then her vitriolic attack on Senator Obama yesterday.
NO, I'm sorry, there is NOTHING you can say to justify using a couple of minute-long examples to assert that someone is mentally ill. That is cruel and trivializes mental illness.

Is there no level low enough for you people to descend? How would YOU like it if someone said something similar about YOU? The cruelty from you people is beyond anything I've ever seen.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
NO, I'm sorry, there is NOTHING you can say to justify using a couple of minute-long examples to assert that someone is mentally ill. That is cruel and trivializes mental illness.

Is there no level low enough for you people to descend? How would YOU like it if someone said something similar about YOU? The cruelty from you people is beyond anything I've ever seen.
Again, I think you're distorting the OP's intent. Or, at least I took it as a comment on how strange her behavior was; overly postive to overly negative in a matter of days.

For myself, I was not trying to trivialize mental illness in the least, and if anyone else reading this thread feels that I have done that then I apologize. We must remember that sometimes comments do not come across the way the poster intends over the internet.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:29 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,271,882 times
uhmmm No she is not Bi Polar the term for her would be? She is a harpy. She is what those ancient greeks had in mind.
She is a witch the kind that halloween glorifies. When ever I see her I look for her broom. I know that she never leaves home without her broom built for flight.
She is a nastey nastey woman. No wonder why Bill kept having one affair after another. Who could blame him. I can imagine her in the bedroom.
Rub my feet man scum.... But Honey I am the president of the United States...
Rub my feet or we'll have sex.....
Bill not only rubs her feet but kisses each toe grateful for his escape.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:31 PM
BVH

944 posts, read 609,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
After watching her (borrowed) kumbaya moment at the end of the debate the other night,

YouTube - Hillary Clinton Borrows Edwards Finishing Line

I felt all warm and fuzzy inside, rose to might feet and cheered.

But then I saw this:

YouTube - Hillary to Obama - Shame On You

Is she bipolar?
I certainly have come to expect better from you.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:35 PM

You don't think that the thread title "Is Hillary Bipolar?" is clear enough on intent? Please. Surely you are aware that this mental illness is a serious condition that affects every aspect of a person's life, requires medication, and extensive psycho-therapy and a bipolar person would not be able to handle the rigors of a presidential campaign for a week, let alone a year.

I am going to report this thread to the powers-that-be.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:41 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,453,783 times
Quote:
You don't think that the thread title "Is Hillary Bipolar?" is clear enough on intent? Please. Surely you are aware that this mental illness is a serious condition that affects every aspect of a person's life, requires medication, and extensive psycho-therapy and a bipolar person would not be able to handle the rigors of a presidential campaign for a week, let alone a year.

I am going to report this thread to the powers-that-be.
Somehow I get the the distinct impression that if this thread was titled "Is Obama Bipolar?", you wouldn't be offended at all. I wonder why that is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections