Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 09:19 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,314,373 times

Advertisements

I really get tired of all the Obama fanatics touting about how Obama has the popular vote, Obama has won more states, Obama has more delegates, Obama is the chosen one, etc. but you always forget to note that these results were captured prior to all the hell storms that came afterwards. Reality check... Obama has lost his popularity and Penn is proof that the tide has turned. Obama will be spinning out of control and crashing in due time. Everybody knows that McCain will come after Obama with both barrels loaded and Obama has provided plenty of ammunition to the enemy... all the money in the world won't save Obama so might as well save yours. Do you seriously believe that Obama still has a chance at president? Good thing you have your hopes, dreams and cool aid to get you through the long dark nights ahead. Get used to the first female president... President Hillary Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 09:26 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,478 times
Then you have idoits like Al Sharpton today saying that he will see to it that the blacks within the democrat party will vote for McCain if Obama gets screwed over by the super delegates in favor of Clinton.
Hey Al, if Hillary gets it what else will you stir up?
No need to use your game of threatening the supers like you just did because any smart super would see what it is your doing and vote for the better candidate anyway.

I see many supers changing their mind as time goes by.

I still think Floirda and Michigan will have a huge role in the end and Hillary will win the popular vote and then cannot be denied the nomination.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:35 PM

690 posts, read 1,015,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post

I still think Floirda and Michigan will have a huge role in the end and Hillary will win the popular vote and then cannot be denied the nomination.

OK I have explained why I think seating them 50/50 was the only fair thing to do in another post.

Can you explain to me how you see this turning out differently.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:41 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,286,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
Obama has lost his popularity and Penn is proof that the tide has turned.
As evidenced by his finish at 10% behind Clinton when he was 20% behind her in the PA polls several weeks ago, in a state whose demographic seemed to have been tailor-made for her? Dream on.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:50 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
I really get tired of all the Obama fanatics touting about how Obama has the popular vote, Obama has won more states, Obama has more delegates, Obama is the chosen one, etc. but you always forget to note that these results were captured prior to all the hell storms that came afterwards.
And I'm getting really tired of ANY hardcore candidate supporter, no matter who they might be rooting for.

Before you jump up and say Hillary will win the vote, let her win most of the next few contests.
Last time I checked, it was April 24, 2008..... not November 4, 2008. Nothing has been decided yet.

And the hell storms your talking about, (if this is a fair country) Hillary and McCain will have to suffer, too.
I almost don't even care anymore. Whatever happens, whoever gets the nominie, I don't care. I just want this b.s. to end, NOW. If this whole thing is just tied up at the end....flip a friggin' coin or something.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:51 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
As evidenced by his finish at 10% behind Clinton when he was 20% behind her in the PA polls several weeks ago, in a state whose demographic seemed to have been tailor-made for her? Dream on.
The actual finish was Clinton- 54.6%, Obama- 45.4%, a difference of 9.2%. Therefore, despite what some media outlets insist on reporting, Clinton was denied her double digit victory

Commonwealth of PA - Elections Information

Old 04-24-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
The actual finish was Clinton- 54.6%, Obama- 45.4%, a difference of 9.2%. Therefore, despite what some media outlets insist on reporting, Clinton was denied her double digit victory

Commonwealth of PA - Elections Information
Give me a break.

Obama has alot more dirty laundry that has recently been hung out to dry and it will be rehashed times ten by the republicans come election time. He will not have a hope or a prayer.

In the end Hillary will win the nominee and Obama will be VP because the dems want to win and that is the best way to go about winning. The majority of people do not like Obama and won't vote for him for president but they will vote for Hillary and Obama will bring in the rest of the votes. That is what you call a winning strategy. The republicans will not be able to attack Hillary in regards to patriotism, racism, radicalism.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:10 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I see this repeated but fact is Obama had pulled virtually even with Clinton before bittergate.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_042108.pdf (broken link) has Obama ahead by 3% as late as April 21.

Poll: Clinton Pennsylvania Lead Shrinks To 5 Points - Politics on The Huffington Post has Clinton by 5% on April 1.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Give me a break.

Obama has alot more dirty laundry that has recently been hung out to dry and it will be rehashed times ten by the republicans come election time. He will not have a hope or a prayer.

In the end Hillary will win the nominee and Obama will be VP because the dems want to win and that is the best way to go about winning. The majority of people do not like Obama and won't vote for him for president but they will vote for Hillary and Obama will bring in the rest of the votes. That is what you call a winning strategy. The republicans will not be able to attack Hillary in regards to patriotism, racism, radicalism.
Actually, I may have to take that back... I think John Edwards would be better because Obama has too much baggage and too many enemies... he may not bring in that many votes afterall. Maybe a woman and a black man together would be too much for Americans to swallow and they would flock to McCain... yeap, maybe Clinton/Edwards ticket would fly better.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:20 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,962,441 times
Quote:
I really get tired of all the Obama fanatics touting about how Obama has the popular vote, Obama has won more states, Obama has more delegates, Obama is the chosen one, etc. but you always forget to note that these results were captured prior to all the hell storms that came afterwards. Reality check... Obama has lost his popularity and Penn is proof that the tide has turned. Obama will be spinning out of control and crashing in due time. Everybody knows that McCain will come after Obama with both barrels loaded and Obama has provided plenty of ammunition to the enemy... all the money in the world won't save Obama so might as well save yours. Do you seriously believe that Obama still has a chance at president? Good thing you have your hopes, dreams and cool aid to get you through the long dark nights ahead. Get used to the first female president... President Hillary Clinton.
Very funny post! I do not consider the Hilary at all feminine! Also it appears Obama will get the nomination and I do not feel sorry for all the racists!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections