Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 07:15 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,544,235 times

Advertisements

McCain keep harping onthis. Tested where. I say this either of them has not been President. They because they haven't done the job totally know and understand it.. With that said it takes us as voters to look at each and decide what we know about pass Presidents . what we want in a President and vote. This long election has shown us who is the leader, who has the study pace who is suitable to take on all that will come to him in office. Because McCain went to war he knows all about war matters sorry. Then why in the debate that was on this very subject he lost. If that was true he should have ran circles around Obama he didn't. In the comments of Biden the other day. Yesterday when he and Palin interviewed with NBC he was asked why his own supporter Leiberman said the same thing as Biden did on I think Meet the Press. He of course Bobbled through with really no comment. Why because it is true. Biden might have said it better but he said the same thing as Lieberman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 07:19 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,454,969 times
McCain thinks because he was a POW he can do anything. It doesn't necessarily mean he can be President. Even if he could that does not mean that Obama isn't just as capable of being President.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:44 AM

15,402 posts, read 29,004,249 times
I think terrorists would want to test McCain just as much as Obama--if not more. They'd probably start a betting pool on who could make the old geezer have a stroke. Or maybe they'd test him just to see what sort of bizarre mavericky response he'd have.

BTW, even if it works against the dems I'm very glad Biden said that and started a discussion like this. IMO there are very rough waters ahead no matter who is president. We need to be realistic about this, so I'm glad we're talking about it.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:46 AM

36,692 posts, read 67,717,245 times
He needs to be tested for Dementia.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:52 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,368,813 times
the above 4 posters all make excellent points. . . . well, maybe that last one is a little cynical, but gosh all gollee, folks, (wink), the choice of Ms. Palin was the real cherry on top!

Obama / Biden '08

Old 10-23-2008, 07:54 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,945,742 times
McCain's test is putting up with that thing he has as a running mate.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:57 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,274,662 times
McCain believes he has been "tested" because he was a fighter pilot during the Cuban Missile Crisis. McCain was not directly involved in decision making during the crisis. He was taking orders from superiors.
Clip:
...The military veteran noted he had some "personal experience" with crises, citing his role in the United States' 1962 showdown with the Soviet Union over its missiles in Cuba -- known as the Cuban Missile Crisis. At that time, the Republican nominee was as a fighter pilot assigned Cuban targets.
"I know how close we came to a nuclear war and I will not be a president who needs to be tested. I have been tested,"
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...-WtdQ-VlgXVqeA

Last edited by tigerlily; 10-23-2008 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: posted wrong link

Old 10-23-2008, 07:59 AM

15,402 posts, read 29,004,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
but gosh all gollee, folks, (wink), the choice of Ms. Palin was the real cherry on top!
No kidding. Mcain says he's been tested--and he's right! His first test was to pick a good VP. I think most of us agree he failed that test.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:07 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,967,336 times
Hey guys! Don't be so hard on him. He brings up the line "I've been tested" to remind voters of his war hero status. It's a campaign strategy. The fact that he endured being a POW is a testament to his inner core of strength. He was held prisoner because he was an American soldier, fighting for us. The fact that the war wasn't a popular one, doesn't diminish the tremendous sacrifice he made for us. He emerged from that experience and went on to continue serving Americans as a legislator. His life really has been one of public service, and for that he deserves our respect. We can disagree with his policy proposals, and with his selection of a running-mate, we can and should express our opinions about him. But we can do it respectfully, can't we?

Old 10-23-2008, 08:08 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,454,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
No kidding. Mcain says he's been tested--and he's right! His first test was to pick a good VP. I think most of us agree he failed that test.
Wholeheartedly agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections