Thread: Suicide
View Single Post

Old 01-03-2012, 02:49 AM
Nozzferrahhtoo

7,801 posts, read 6,336,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Suicide is nearly always the last act of hatred a person makes.
What a truly awful... unevidenced... citation free.... judgmental... piece of hateful drivel. I expected more from you given your previous posts on this forum but it seems no one is perfect.

While it might suit your mental crassness and laziness to put all people who commit suicide in one category with one label, there is literally no reason on offer to lend anything you just said even a modicum of credence, let alone respect.

The reasons people turn to suicide are varied. The range from despair and depression to love and desperation. The only thing I can find true of them all is the requirement for understanding in all cases. An understanding that is not helped by the judgmental tripe you just posted... nor the religious fantasy woo you espouse about the sinful nature of the afterlife of the soul released by the act - all predicated on the opinions of a magical entity you have with 100% consistency failed to evidence the existence of in even the smallest way.

If you are "a retired psychologist" - and I monumentally doubt the claim - then the profession is better for your departure. Nor - thankfully - is "statistics" the plural of anecdote and the "interviews" you imagine in your head are just that. Anecdotes.

Also in later posts if you do insist on trying to use citation, then cite some actual science. Not religious blogs and opinion pieces and personal stories. Again the plural of anecdote is not statistics. We can all cherry pick blogs and opinion pieces to match the opinion we want to hold.