View Single Post

Old 03-05-2013, 03:03 PM
GldnRule

12,595 posts, read 6,718,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You know I won't disagree with you on this, but I don't see where anything of any great good can be accomplished by ridiculing and criticizing another person's belief or culture, a great deal more could be accomplished through a little bit of toleration and respect and realizing that not everybody believes the same as you do...
And, what you've written here is great truth ptsum.

As you have said here---"Tolerance & Respect" toward all (as long as they aren't causing any harm, of course)...THAT is the best thing.

I lived most of my adult life as an Atheist...and I must admit that I was rather critical and rude, and felt a kind of negative vibe, toward others that I felt were being foolish and too stubborn to see the error in their thinking.

Well...now I perceive "God". Not any kind of particular "God"...a "Source Entity/ Creator" that I refer to as "God".
I perceive a "Spirit" or "Conscious Energy" that I view as inherent to all creatures...that I believe continues on after the life in their body expires.
Probably very similar to the perception held by many of the Native Americans over the ages. Of course, my Belief and perception is unique to me...as is everyones.
But what has changed from when I was Atheist...I have no negative attitude toward anyone for their Belief or Perception...no matter what it is they profess to believe or if they endorse the general Atheist Concept I used to embrace.
This has helped me to be a happier person...I was happy to begin with, since that is my basic personality...but I now feel greater happiness in the contentment department.

Matter of fact...the thing I am intolerant about...is intolerance. I'm biased toward bias. I have a prejudicial feeling toward prejudice. And the only thing I hate...is hate.