View Single Post

Old 05-06-2013, 07:03 AM
chuckd83

231 posts, read 328,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Now you're attempting to move the goal posts.

You have been saying all along that if you (or anyone else) believes that God will save all, then you/they will be condemned to eternal hell. Do you still think that or have you realized that doesn't make sense?
Both of us have never experienced water before and can't swim, but have heard that it might be dangerous. We're sitting on a boat. You say "jump in, you'll be fine." I jump in and drown.
(a) water inhalation killed me.
(b) believing that it wouldn't was directly related to the promise you afforded.

Your message is that it doesn't matter your faith (or even no faith at all), we'll all end up in paradise. If you're wrong and historical Christianity is right,
(b) sin is the cause of my demise
(b) believing that it wouldn't was directly related to the promise you afforded.

Since you are offering salvation of all, not because the Bible is clear on it (since there are countless passages that say contrary), but because it makes us feel better about our family, friends, dead relatives, etc. that we would like to wish into heaven, I would like a guarantee from you that if I end up in hell because of your promise (see b above), we can switch places. If not, and you are not certain of the babble you proclaim, I suggest you study a bit and revise your gospel before you condemn yourself (per Gal. 1).