View Single Post

Old 08-17-2013, 11:09 AM
mohawkx

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The legislation being discussed seeks to make 166000 legal firearms illegal, along with certain types of ammunition. It is implausible that the owners of those firearms or ammunition are going to just surrender them because of the vote of people who would ignore the Supreme law. Therefore seeing as the majority of these arms are registered and the government knows their owners, police will be tasked with confiscating these arms.

So far as your interpretation of Jefferson's words like them or not they are truth. Jefferson understood that the tendency of mankind is to usurp power when given the opportunity and political office gives them that opportunity.

There are a group of people who we share this earth with who are known as psychopaths. They are void of conscience and morals and seek only to rule by force over other human beings. They are attracted to positions of power where they may use that power to abuse the rights of others. When it comes to government this usurpation of power is cumulative and becomes more authoritarian with time.

As government never voluntarily limits itself, the only way the scales are balanced are by the people reaching the point of uprising. The bloodshed that comes with these uprisings is almost always instituted by the State as force is its primary tool of compliance.

There has never been a popular uprising of the people without bloodshed, and a recent example of that was the ending of Viet Nam in which regardless of the will of the people, required an escalation of violence and the condemnation that accompanied that violence which forced the government to do what the people demanded.
I'm familiar with the draconian gun laws proposed by the Cali Legislature and have already spoken out vehemently against them in at least 3 posts in this thread. I also might remind you that cali passed similar draconian gun laws numerous times in the past. They lead the nation in useless gun laws and to the best of my knowledge, the citizens rolled over like two legged dogs for every one of them.

The last time we as a nation "Watered The Tree of Liberty with the Blood of Patriots and Tyrants" was during the Civil War. What benefit exactly did the nation get from that bruhaha except 350,000 dead and an entire nation laid in ruins? Name me one benefit we as a society gained from the civil war.

As a avid gun owner and collector over 45 years, active in the Arizona State legislature concerning current state gun law, organized shooting competitions, local organized gun clubs and a CCW license holder who carries 24/7, when some new guy in the crowd starts ranting about "Watering the Tree............", that's when I and most others in the room slowly back away. You go ahead and think what you like but we do not in any way want to be affiliated with you or those sentiments.

Last edited by mohawkx; 08-17-2013 at 11:23 AM..